The Wait...

I think Buffalo will need to win their tournament they had a bad loss last week to Kent State
The tricky thing is if Ohio picks up a few more wins and makes the final against them (or vice versa). Does the loser of that game move up in the hierarchy? Creme already has Buffalo ahead of Tennessee, and Ohio right below. What is the scenario that causes Ohio to also move ahead of them? And if Ohio wins the tournament against Buffalo, does Tennessee move ahead of them even though they haven't had a good win since Missouri?

1) ESPN Women's Hoops Losing to Vanderbilt, that's inexplicable. But @LadyVol_Hoops is staying in it largely because there's just nobody else there to grab the spot
2) Charlie Creme fielded bracketology questions from the media today. About @LadyVol_Hoops, he said that in a different year, Tennessee’s metrics would not be good enough to be in consideration for an at-large bid.
3) Tennessee is 57 in the RPI and had a losing SEC record. “But there's just not a lot else to pick from” among the rest of the bubble teams, said Creme, adding: “Most of them have lost, lost maybe multiple times

Let's just be thankful that the respect factor still exists
We ARE a bubble team, on paper
But in talent we are far and away much better than what we are on paper
Creme saw this and mentioned it
He knows a team like this can make magic

Even if Tennessee makes it in, they probably don't make it past round 2...if they make it past round 1. Their best wins were narrow victories against a #5 and #8 seed. Their 6 losses against potential 1-4 seeds were all blowouts. If they get a bid and assuming Holly is still their coach, then their NCAAT stay will be very brief.

Reactions: Nute Gunray
He does? And he did? When did Creme mention he saw this magical talent? Because in the part quoted above he clearly said 3 times that the LVs ONLY get in because there is so very little to choose from. Very weak field, so least bad of the bads gets in. I missed the respect factor.

I bring this up only because I'm SO very tired of hearing the word "talent" in relation to this LV team. I would argue that we are exactly who we are on paper. Our record is our record. When the trophies are given out, no one cares what your high school cred was, they care who scored more points in more games. Are you truly talented if you don't produce commiserate results on the court or is it only potential?

IMO it would be wildly unfair to give a precious last spot to someone because by gosh, they should and could be so much better than their record indicates. Tourney spots should be based on statistical comparison and on court results, not who has the most 'talent' hiding under a bushel that might magically spill out in March.

Much as I want the LVs tourney streak to live on, this NCAA bid for the LVs feels icky. We're going either because they feel sorry for us as a nostalgia item or because there are so many other teams who are even worse. Not exactly inspiring.

Last edited:
He does? And he did? When did Creme mention he saw this magical talent? Because in the part quoted above he clearly said 3 times that the LVs ONLY get in because there is so very little to choose from. Very weak field, so least bad of the bads gets in. I missed the respect factor.

I bring this up only because I'm SO very tired of hearing the word "talent" in relation to this LV team. I would argue that we are exactly who we are on paper. Our record is our record. When the trophies are given out, no one cares what your high school cred was, they care who scored more points in more games. Are you truly talented if you don't produce commiserate results on the court or are do you only have potential?

In this particular case, IMO it would be wildly unfair to give a precious last spot to someone because by gosh, they should and could be so much better than they actually were. Tourney spots should be based on statistical comparison, not who has the most 'talent' hiding under a bushel that might magically spill out in March.

Much as I want the LVs tourney streak to live on, this NCAA bid for the LVs feels more and more icky.

He did. I remember hearing him say it. Can’t remember when or where but it might have been on one of those talk forevers after games at the SECT. But I definitely remember the comment. I can’t remember the exact words, but I took it as a sort of nice comment, not a shot at anybody, just a statement of fact; you just don’t ever know what you will get on any given night from this team, there’s a lot of talent that might light up at any time.

Reactions: T_Vol376
you just don’t ever know what you will get on any given night from this team.
True, and not in a good way.
there’s a lot of talent that might light up at any time.
Talent vs. potential again.

Ok Creme said this. Not quite all magical and poetic. He also said we're definitely in, but said emphatically its only because suckatude so was widespread this year. Hard to get too jacked up over that.

True, and not in a good way.

Talent vs. potential again.

Ok Creme said this. Not quite all magical and poetic. He also said we're definitely in, but said emphatically its only because suckatude so was widespread this year. Hard to get too jacked up over that.

You sort of took what Coach Jumper said and what I said out of context. Coach just said talent and better than on paper when referring to Creme; the magic part was his saying a team like this can make magic. And I said I could not remember the words, just tried to give the gist. Only thing I’ll get definitive about is I believe Creme’s words were not a shot at the team.

Not arguing as to your assessment or your interpretation of the situation and what Creme said. That’s your thoughts and words. I was simply verifying @Coach Jumper was accurate on his post re the Creme comment.

Coach just said talent
. . . and set me off LOL. Sorry didn't mean to flip out. For some reason the notion of this hidden (well hidden) treasure trove of talent just waiting to spill out at any moment is making me extra crazy lately.

I'm happy for the kids if they really want to play more, and I'd take that as a good sign. Getting a tourney bid just doesn't feel like anything our play this season really merits.

Last edited:
We are not to catch lightning in a bottle.... yes the word "talent" .... these players had the talent when they came to UT.... but for whatever reason they cannot translate this huge talent into a top tier WCBB team....

I agree with posters who say if we make tournament.... we will not go far...... this is the time of year when teams should be peaking.... and we have been sputtering the whole season

We are not to catch lightning in a bottle.... yes the word "talent" .... these players had the talent when they came to UT.... but for whatever reason they cannot translate this huge talent into a top tier WCBB team....
I think its just a matter of semantics. Huge talent not translated to top tier play = unrealized potential.

I'm a hell of a talented singer, it just doesn't translate very well onto record.

I think we all know the reason for the lack of development of whatever you call it.

Reactions: Rixxx
I think its just a matter of semantics. Huge talent not translated to top tier play = unrealized potential.

I'm a hell of a talented singer, it just doesn't translate very well onto record.

I think we all know the reason for the lack of development of whatever you call it.

Totally agree with ya BTW way I have all your albums... and you are amazing

Reactions: glv98
Here is the reason we should not get in and a team from a small Conference should! 7 McDonalds All Americans! 5* all over the court! Another team in our Conf Arkansas beat us head to head and won 3 strait games to get to SEC Champ game! Any small Conf team with a better record or same should get the spot just due to the fact they overachieved and we vastly underachieved! Lady Vols getting a bid mirrors this team! Being rewarded for bad behavior!

Here is the reason we should not get in and a team from a small Conference should! 7 McDonalds All Americans! 5* all over the court! Another team in our Conf Arkansas beat us head to head and won 3 strait games to get to SEC Champ game! Any small Conf team with a better record or same should get the spot just due to the fact they overachieved and we vastly underachieved! Lady Vols getting a bid mirrors this team! Being rewarded for bad behavior!
Cannot disagree, good points

Spoken like a true fan?

Reactions: Smallvol#1
James Madison just got upset by Hofstra. Looks like JMU lost their starting guard. They were 25 - 5 regular season, 17 -1 in conference. Not sure if they deserve an at-large, they had no big wins this year, but they are a well-respected program and Creme had them seeded in a 12-slot.

As long as holly is there I don't want to see them in NCAA. Lady vols already get embarrassed. Let's keep the embarrassment going till she's out. Every little win Holly gets is like oh they're young, they will grow. It's Dam 7yrs holly, get ur Pancake ass out in that office.

The absolute greatest embarrassment is the big handful of posters on here redundanty spouting crap like this.... we are where we are and CPF will have to deal with it, but until a decision one way or the other is announced every "petition lite" post needs to be challenged by those who not only post on here but buy the tickets, travel to the games, and are honorably invested in the program by their actions. I would like to see a polling mechanism that would weight the number of games attended in determining if these public sarcastic or snarky attacks requiring immediate PUBLIC resolution to this issue are acceptable behavior for fans with class. I would especially like to see a specific poll in this format on the acceptability of EVER proposing a loss for the Lady Vols as a good thing....

Reactions: T_Vol376 and ruvol
The absolute greatest embarrassment is the big handful of posters on here redundanty spouting crap like this.... we are where we are and CPF will have to deal with it, but until a decision one way or the other is announced every "petition lite" post needs to be challenged by those who not only post on here but buy the tickets, travel to the games, and are honorably invested in the program by their actions. I would like to see a polling mechanism that would weight the number of games attended in determining if these public sarcastic or snarky attacks requiring immediate PUBLIC resolution to this issue are acceptable behavior for fans with class. I would especially like to see a specific poll in this format on the acceptability of EVER proposing a loss for the Lady Vols as a good thing....
I can't believe Holly has so many supporters left when she deserves no supporters judging by the quality of her coaching:rolleyes:

thP7Q43ZTR.jpg

Spoken like a true fan?
I am a true fan of womens college basketball! And a lady vols fan! But I am a true believer in the little guys getting a chance! We had ours the regular season and tourney and we failed! An 11th seed should go to a team that if they won a few would be considered a Cinderella not a lady Vol!

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
The LVs getting the 11 seed isn't preferential seeding. The season might have been disappointing, but they're in the field because their RPI, SOS and number of quality wins put them there.

I am a true fan of womens college basketball! And a lady vols fan! But I am a true believer in the little guys getting a chance! We had ours the regular season and tourney and we failed! An 11th seed should go to a team that if they won a few would be considered a Cinderella not a lady Vol!

If that team won against equal foes, yes...but against weaker conference foes??
The worst one of TN's schedule is most often in a much higher SoS rating than the best some of the minor conference teams have played

Not a fan of free speech are you? Who picks the challenging panel? What's the punishment if your snarkiness is greater than your game attendance allows? Seems a bit Orwellian LOL.

I'm embarrassed but not surprised when we get personal against Holly. Why are we mad at this poor woman? She's not dumb, she's not laughing all the way to the bank, she's not purposely destroying Pat's legacy. She's just not a component D1 Head Coach. Can you imagine her agony at this very public career failing, especially under the circumstances in which she got the job? I feel very sorry for her.

I understand there is frustration because she just won't go away. But we don't know that, I really think she will at the end of this season. While I wish she would have done it last year, I can imagine its hard for her to throw in the towel.

That said, I've openly confessed to feeling conflicted about them winning lately. Don't like it, didn't expect it, but I definitely worry that any success will give both the AD and Head Coach a reason to dig in and hang on. Both have shown a hesitance to act even when its painfully obvious things are way, way off track. We've been calling for "immediate" action for a long time and nothing is happening except the team is getting worse. So yes, call the acceptability panel, I just want this season to be OVER.

If that team won against equal foes, yes...but against weaker conference foes??
The worst one of TN's schedule is most often in a much higher SoS rating than the best some of the minor conference teams have played
. Then heck no matter the record just let all P5 in even if they don’t deserve it! Overachieving little guys just don’t get to participate! Sad! But on the other hand getting in pretty much guarantees Holly keeps her job!

VN Store

Back