The Wait...

If flew right over your head:rolleyes:

I have trouble watching some coaches,,,manerisms, body english, fish-eyes, screamers,,,etc
Van was not one I watched unless we were playing them and even then...no
SO I am not familiar enough with him to know what you mean...sorry

Absolutely wrong. You are not thinking like a athlete and competitor but a disgruntled fan.

The freshman and sophomores need as much experience as they can get in preparation for next year.

And they want (I am quite sure), another game after the MissST beat down.

If they get in, they will likely win the first game and then it all depends on how the cards fall for the next match-up. This team is capable, with a little luck, of making the Sweet 16.

If they do get blown out in the NCAA tournament (and getting there is no sure bet), that should start a fire for next season.

This is where i disagree with you that the freshman and sophomores need as much experience as they can get in preparation for next year. The sophomores on this team have the experience, Westbrook and Davis started as freshmen and was pencil in as starters this year. I just think there poor play not only them and Holly awful coaching has hurt this team. With that said should they say home absolutely not.

This is where i disagree with you that the freshman and sophomores need as much experience as they can get in preparation for next year. The sophomores on this team have the experience, Westbrook and Davis started as freshmen and was pencil in as starters this year. I just think there poor play not only them and Holly awful coaching has hurt this team. With that said should they say home absolutely not.

Sorry, I am just not following your point. Westbrook and Davis, starters or not, are still underclassmen. Getting to the tournament and battling at that level, will help with their leadership role next year among other benefits.

You go to the tournament with the coach you have not the coach you want.

By this logic, they should have just sat the whole season out so they would not have been tainted by Holly.

Not having a chance to compete at the tournament just compounds the problems. If you were a new coach coming in, would prefer your returners to have had the big dance experience or not?

Last edited:
Reactions: BruceInLouisville
Tennessee would only be better staying at home if they're invited to the wnit otherwise anything we get in the NCAA is a continuation of a very proud and very honored tradition. But if we are invited to the wnit , it would be an admittance that we cannot compete with the NCAA caliber teams any longer.
If we don't make the NCAA tournament, whether we accept or decline an invitation to the WNIT won't change the fact that we didn't make the "big dance". The admittance of our level of play will have already been declared. It will be not making the NCAAT. If we are invited to the WNIT, we should go.

Why in the world would any fan not want the LVs to make the NCAAT? It'll help the program going forward. There's nothing to be gained by missing it.

UT expects to make the tournament. The team is taking a long weekend off, then will practice next week.

Why in the world would any fan not want the LVs to make the NCAAT? It'll help the program going forward. There's nothing to be gained by missing it.

UT expects to make the tournament. The team is taking a long weekend off, then will practice next week.
There's a theory out there that if the LV's don't make the NCAAT, it will expedite Holly's dismissal.

No one truly wants that...

Holly Haters think it will solidify what should already be a solid decision by both CHW and UT...Holly's departure

I think the tourney win and a few very competitive moments should do the trick
Charlie Creme was the in person and liked what he saw in Q1

we will make the NCAA

Last edited:
Reactions: stlvolsfan
There's a theory out there that if the LV's don't make the NCAAT, it will expedite Holly's dismissal.

And it's not true. Fulmer has addressed this with donors numerous times. That said, UT expects to make the NCAAT.

No one truly wants that...

Holly Haters think it will solidify what should already be a solid decision by both CHW and UT...Holly's departure

I think the tourney win and a few very competitive moments should do the trick
Charlie Creme was the in person and liked what he saw in Q1

we will make the NCAA
I have a feeling the LadyVols will lose their first NCAA Tournament game if they're invited

Well if more is learned from a
Loss than a win, then we should have some very smart players by now after this season. But I still hope they make the dance, albeit it will be a short dance and then see CHW gone!!

If more is learned from a loss than a win, Holly as a LV coach has surpassed Einstein and Hawkings is all I'm saying.

Reactions: mcannon1
I know most on here do not want to see TENN in the NCAAs, but does the team keep practicing until they find out if they are in or not? How awkward. I feel for the players, they don't deserve to be in this situation...
A lot of us, including me, am 100% for the team being in the NCAA tournament, my only concern is how bad Holly will embarrass the Lady Vols by getting beat by a team with less talent, and afterwards making a bunch of stupid and incoherent statements.

Louisville

Sam Fuehring just went down with a knee injury did not look good

Absolutely wrong. You are not thinking like a athlete and competitor but a disgruntled fan.

The freshman and sophomores need as much experience as they can get in preparation for next year.

And they want (I am quite sure), another game after the MissST beat down.

If they get in, they will likely win the first game and then it all depends on how the cards fall for the next match-up. This team is capable, with a little luck, of making the Sweet 16.

If they do get blown out in the NCAA tournament (and getting there is no sure bet), that should start a fire for next season.
No. They're not deserving of a bid to the tourney. No thanks to their coach.

This is a joke UFC knights is not a very good team watch them a few times there schedule and conference is awful other then UConn there SOS Rank: 54.

Tennessee would only be better staying at home if they're invited to the wnit otherwise anything we get in the NCAA is a continuation of a very proud and very honored tradition. But if we are invited to the wnit , it would be an admittance that we cannot compete with the NCAA caliber teams any longer.
It would be showing that despite our poor season we think we are above the wnit. I think that would display poor sportsmanship. I say accept whatever bid it is and do it with grace and class. Team and fans alike. At least maybe that will bring something that can be admired. Swallow the bitter pill. Maybe that will make them want it more next year.

Reactions: mcannon1 and lvocd
It would be showing that despite our poor season we think we are above the wnit. I think that would display poor sportsmanship. I say accept whatever bid it is and do it with grace and class. Team and fans alike. At least maybe that will bring something that can be admired. Swallow the bitter pill. Maybe that will make them want it more next year.

And while we're at it let's give out trophies for participation. And maybe we can eliminate scoring. And possibly we could have rotation scheme where everybody gets to play equal minutes

VN Store

Back