The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

I've been streaming for about 4-5 years, so I'm honestly used to it now. When I first started, it was so much cheaper, but the prices have slowly increased. I do not like having extra cable boxes
I don't have any cable boxes. I was an early adopter of Tivo and I have used them in place of a cable box for about 10 years or so. They're considered old school technology these days, but I love mine. 30 second skip button is instantaneous and the commecial skip button is as well which skips all of the commercials. I'm not really interested in chasing nickles and dimes only to have to chase the next best thing in streaming. The content providers will get their money one way or the other.

Just out of curiosity, what are you guys paying to have Internet and a TV package that you honestly like? I have a Spectrum TV package, Internet and a phone (which I don't care about) and it cost me somewhere around $180/month. It also includes the Spectrum app which supposedly allows me to watch any TV channel on my phone/tablet/Roku/etc. wherever I'm at, but I haven't used it yet. It sure sounds like people are counting pennies and getting shafted and paying nearly as much as regular cable.

$70 for Spectrum Internet, $65 for Hulu Live. To your point, I’m probably not saving that much money, but the only reason I even have Hulu Live is for sports, if they were came out with just an ESPN only service, I’d probably move to that

Just out of curiosity, what are you guys paying to have Internet and a TV package that you honestly like? I have a Spectrum TV package, Internet and a phone (which I don't care about) and it cost me somewhere around $180/month. It also includes the Spectrum app which supposedly allows me to watch any TV channel on my phone/tablet/Roku/etc. wherever I'm at, but I haven't used it yet. It sure sounds like people are counting pennies and getting shafted and paying nearly as much as regular cable.
Internet and YTTV is roughly 140. That includes unlimited DVR, and I dont need a box in any rooms to use it (those 2 options alone raise the price of cable by at least $20 a month depending on how many boxes you need) plus you have to factor in the ability to add and cancel subscriptions such as RedZone and HBOmax at the click of a button. I dont have to stay on the phone talking to someone I can't understand. And there is no renegotiations. I had spectrum and whatever bundle I signed up for expired. My bill jumped up by almost $60. I had to sign up for a new bundle (I had to have a landline or it was more expensive). The bundles, the boxes, the phone calls, the constantly rising bill. Nah. F cable. I ain't never going back.

I have too occasionally, if I haven't been on the app in ??? amount of time it makes me sign in again. Not sure why

Authorization tokens in programming generally expire after some amount of time if not used. I would assume this sort of thing is happening.

I ditched Comcast TV package but kept Internet. Considering Youtube TV.

I have a Roku device.

Can I watch SEC Network+ (not to be confused with ESPN+) games with Youtube TV?

I ditched Comcast TV package but kept Internet. Considering Youtube TV.

I have a Roku device.

Can I watch SEC Network+ (not to be confused with ESPN+) games with Youtube TV?
No, but yes.

No… the SEC Alt channel isn’t in the YTV lineup, but, all you’vef got to do is download the ESPN app on Roku and you can sign in with your YTV credentials and watch it. It’s a pretty simple process to setup and the app will stay logged in.

anyone else have their YTTV feed freeze on ads? sometimes when an add is playing the screen goes black before the next ad comes on and it just stays like that until I switch to another channel then switch back

Reactions: StarRaider
anyone else have their YTTV feed freeze on ads? sometimes when an add is playing the screen goes black before the next ad comes on and it just stays like that until I switch to another channel then switch back
I’ve not had that happen

yes seems like a lot more often.... I usually have to do a reverse and then fast forward to fix it on the roku. I am also on T-Mob 5G wireless internet now ($50/mo).

Reactions: volinbham
I’m getting ready to drop Xfinity/Comcast. I just had AT&T Fiber installed and need to pick best streaming option for live sports. What do y’all recommend?

YouTube TV
Hulu
Sling
Fubo

So, DirecTV Stream raised their rates again. I'm sick of this crap. Thinking of switching elsewhere, but all of them have channels lacking that I want. The one that looks like it best suits my needs is FUBO. They have Bally Sports, which carries the Angels games. Anyone have FUBO?

VN Store

Back