The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

I have Netflix, Prime, Hulu, YTTV. Plus, I have a firestick which is jailb$%ke. I use it for whatever is not on the other channels. I am going to upgrade to a Firebox. With Kodu and addons such as Phoenix Rising, I can get everything sports or tv shows and movies. I do have a VPN on all my devices.

I’m just now taking action to replace PS Vue, soon to be taken down. I’ve done some DD but not completely sure, what’s Volnations opinion?
I was very satisfied with PS Vue, little over priced but worked for us.
Liking Sling and the fact it has Tennessee in its model, I like to support things that I like.
Thanks

I’m just now taking action to replace PS Vue, soon to be taken down. I’ve done some DD but not completely sure, what’s Volnations opinion?
I was very satisfied with PS Vue, little over priced but worked for us.
Liking Sling and the fact it has Tennessee in its model, I like to support things that I like.
Thanks
Most went to YoutubeTV. I probably prefer it to PSVue now.

Reactions: volinbham
Thanks, from what I searched YouTube TV
Doesn’t support amazon fire tv and I’d like to keep the same device,remotes, etc. and not spend more money but our TVs. are smart ones. Maybe I could just use them instead?

Doesn’t support amazon fire tv and I’d like to keep the same device,remotes, etc. and not spend more money but our TVs. are smart ones. Maybe I could just use them instead?
It works with Amazon. I'm watching it on a firestick right now. It became available several months ago. Go search the app on Firestick. You'll see it.

Reactions: volinbham
It works on fire stick. It didn’t used to, but it does now. I’m also in the same situation as you and am going youtube tv. I just wish it had NFL Network. That is the only thing it’s lacking for me and I hope they add it soon.

Reactions: TOUCHDOWN!!TN
Charter raised their prices again. Wife and I decided enough is enough. We already have Hulu, Disney, Prime, and Netflix. Going to try the trial of YouTube TV and Hulu and stick with whatever we like best.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
You guys are failing to ask the most important question of all when deciding on a streaming service.

This site will help you answer that question.

You're welcome

I live in South Carolina. The Titans are just never on here. I am not paying for NFL Sunday Ticket. Are you saying that I will be able to watch pretty much every Titans game with YT TV, because it said "available" ?

Please handle me with kid gloves ... I'm not tech savvy here.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
I live in South Carolina. The Titans are just never on here. I am not paying for NFL Sunday Ticket. Are you saying that I will be able to watch pretty much every Titans game with YT TV, because it said "available" ?

Please handle me with kid gloves ... I'm not tech savvy here.

That post was from 17 so lots of things have changed since then.

Aside from this chart: Where can I watch my undefined?

You can find almost every football game on the planet here: Live NFL Streaming | Watch NFL Football Online

Reactions: preacherwebb
Was watching the latest SNL on YTTV last night, what's with the multiple 6 minute long commercials? Major disappointment

To me the YouTube Live + Philo for 70 a month is the best deal...you get Nick Disney Hallmark that are tough to get with one service...I got Philo mostly for Science Channel..A&E and History...I've been watching alot of Motor Trend and the Olympic channel since football season ended....cool stuff

I JUST CUT THE CORD AND IT FEELS GREAT!!!!

Yep, goodbye DTV (since 2000), hello Youtube TV.
Thanks everyone for their input here, as well as in the "Question for Freak" thread I started, for helping me get to where I needed to be.

Saving money, still get to see what I and my family watch, and have figured out how to continue to record games for the collection.

source.gif

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Just discovered the Sideclick remote. If you're tired of multiple remotes, it's glorious.

To me the YouTube Live + Philo for 70 a month is the best deal...you get Nick Disney Hallmark that are tough to get with one service...I got Philo mostly for Science Channel..A&E and History...I've been watching alot of Motor Trend and the Olympic channel since football season ended....cool stuff
I agree with this. Not much is lacking with this combined lineup. Still missing NFL network but thursday night games are streamed on Prime so that's okay.

VN Store

Back