The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

Its natural that it sits behind a paywall from streaming content, I mean there are costs associated to stream that to you no?

There are costs to broadcasting, period, but we don't pay a TV tax like they do in the UK to receive content through an antenna.

I get that channels that you normally can't get without a cable/satellite TV subscription sit behind paywalls to access streaming content. IMO, it doesn't make sense for NBC, FOX, etc to do the same, the commercials are still there, so the content is still getting paid for.

There are costs to broadcasting, period, but we don't pay a TV tax like they do in the UK to receive content through an antenna.

I get that channels that you normally can't get without a cable/satellite TV subscription sit behind paywalls to access streaming content. IMO, it doesn't make sense for NBC, FOX, etc to do the same, the commercials are still there, so the content is still getting paid for.
There are additional cost to bring it to you via streaming is all I am saying. Additional costs to just the OTA signal.

Reactions: volinbham
Since Windows 10 killed off Media Center I decided to get the Amazon Recast which can record OTA channels and push them to any other device. I like the idea of being able to use one antenna for all TV’s/devices and access it anywhere. Still using Sling for football season. UI can still be very derpy but overall it works. I’ve noticed it has a tendency to get hung up on ads played from the on demand sections.

What’s this Pluto TV? They have Comedy Central, old war movies and a channel w chicks dancing around in their underwear

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
source.gif

Recently moved over to YTTV and as someone who has literally tried all of the streaming options, YTTV has been by far the best experience. The menus are great and outside of no NFL network, the channel lineup is the best out there and a lower price than my previous favorite PSVUE. I dont like it being in 720, but I havent noticed it a ton honestly.

Recently moved over to YTTV and as someone who has literally tried all of the streaming options, YTTV has been by far the best experience. The menus are great and outside of no NFL network, the channel lineup is the best out there and a lower price than my previous favorite PSVUE. I dont like it being in 720, but I havent noticed it a ton honestly.
Agree with all of this.

Pluto is getting to be a great for a free streaming service but I am afraid they to will eventually start charging with the more programming they are adding. I have an over the air antenna also one of the old ones not one you stick in a window and I get like 38 channels that way all HD. One other thing with pluto is if you have an over the air antenna it will show up in their channel guide. I would just like to get a streaming service that has all espn and NFL network plus NBA and NBCSN for me plus the lifetimes and Hallmarks for the wife. Fubo offers a lot of channels but no espn.

I changed to the new Comcast streaming modified from last week. This is even better. 600bps internet service plus 130 cable channels including 2 ESPN channels and 2 SEC network channels, HBO, Showtime, Star, phone service for $135. This enables me to drop Hulu which was costing me $50 per month. (You need to install a 1,000bps modem in the Comcast system to get these higher internet speed offers)

For those who jumped over from the dying PSVue to YTTV, strong rumor that Sony is working to add a application for the console for YTTV. Look for it in Feb.

My father 'n'law won a 30 day free trial with a new local iptv television company. StarLink-TV. Their premium service allows 4 devices at the same time, ppv/dvr/streamed movies/ hundreds of live TV channels/From what he showed me.. possibly every sports channel there is. lol no joke/ hd/and maybe most importantly, local channels. He showed it to me, and he was getting NBC,CBS,and Fox, ABC ect for most, if not all U.S regions. It has multiple ESPN " extra" channels. Must be the alternates. it's 25 bucks a month. I'm going to switch to it from, Youtube TV. Just thought I would pass this along.

Has anyone heard of or tried Orby TV ? It's a satellite TV service offered by places like Best Buy. It's like $40 a month for about 50 channels includinget all locals. Doesn't include sports channels however.

My father 'n'law won a 30 day free trial with a new local iptv television company. StarLink-TV. Their premium service allows 4 devices at the same time, ppv/dvr/streamed movies/ hundreds of live TV channels/From what he showed me.. possibly every sports channel there is. lol no joke/ hd/and maybe most importantly, local channels. He showed it to me, and he was getting NBC,CBS,and Fox, ABC ect for most, if not all U.S regions. It has multiple ESPN " extra" channels. Must be the alternates. it's 25 bucks a month. I'm going to switch to it from, Youtube TV. Just thought I would pass this along.
Looks legit.

VN Store

Back