The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

@GAVol are you still with Hulu or did you switch to YouTube TV?

Still on Hulu for now. I'm still happy with it, but may look at switching to YouTube because it's supposedly available now on Firestick and I think it's got the one local channel that in missing on Hulu.

Reactions: Freak
I'm guessing Sling is the only other option to get NFL Network. Fubo has it by no ESPN, so that's a deal killer. Anyone here use Sling?
No locals with Sling. Just signed up for the trial and then canceled pretty quickly.

I do live in knoxville. I hadn’t even checked locals. Looks like YouTube is the move.
Actually I came home this afternoon after hearing about Vue and went to Sling (free trial), signed up, logged on, and couldn’t find locals. Then I started looking to see why.

Loved my PSVue, this sucks. I'll probably trial both Hulu and YTTV this weekend. However couple questions/thoughts.

Do both have the HBO add on? Preferred having HBO in the guide with PSVue.

I'm not very concerned with DVR hours since everything is On Demand these days.

Hulu Live comes with all the Hulu streaming programs/movies, correct?

What's the draw to YTTV? I'm just not seeing it.

This isn't a Toshiba laptop recommendation, just not seeing the YTTV benefits outside of DVR capabilities.

Late add: Disney+, any cash considerations for being a Hulu subscriber?

Last edited:
Loved my PSVue, this sucks. I'll probably trial both Hulu and YTTV this weekend. However couple questions/thoughts.

This isn't a Toshiba laptop recommendation, just not seeing the YTTV benefits outside of DVR capabilities.

For me YTTV is the choice because it provides all the locals and has the best mix of channels (other than NFL). Locals vary by market.

Reactions: Scooter426

In Knoxville, YTTV has all the locals. Hulu is missing NBC. YTTV has more of a traditional guide and easy to use DVR. As you stated, trial them both and see what you think.

Reactions: Scooter426
I thought Vue was fine except how strict they were on viewing outside your home area.

Even though I dislike the evil Google Overloards. YouTubeTV is the best out there now

I thought Vue was fine except how strict they were on viewing outside your home area.

Even though I dislike the evil Google Overloards. YouTubeTV is the best out there now
Vue changed that policy a year or so ago and you could watch stuff outside of your home area. I used it a bit while traveling.

Vue changed that policy a year or so ago and you could watch stuff outside of your home area. I used it a bit while traveling.
Maybe too late for a lot of people. It was frustrating as hell having to try to call and talk to someone over the phone in order to unlock my account because they thought I was sharing. That did it for me

I’ve been considering switching from DirecTV to a streaming service too. I keep hearing hat YoutubeTV is the best. Only holdup is that the wife has to be able to watch the Hallmark Channel and it seems that only Sling offers it. Anyone else unfortunately have this issue and if so, how did you get around it?

I’ve been considering switching from DirecTV to a streaming service too. I keep hearing hat YoutubeTV is the best. Only holdup is that the wife has to be able to watch the Hallmark Channel and it seems that only Sling offers it. Anyone else unfortunately have this issue and if so, how did you get around it?

Frdly. I think that is how it's spelled has it as an addon I believe. Or you can download the app and pay 5.00 a month for streaming.

VN Store

Back