The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

Is there a "Last Channel" button in YouTubeTV? Only had a few minutes last night and couldn't find one. And Freak was no help.

That may be a deal breaker. I'm often switching between games or shows. Odd.

I'll have more time with it tonight or tomorrow to check it out.

That may be a deal breaker. I'm often switching between games or shows. Odd.

I'll have more time with it tonight or tomorrow to check it out.
It's the same way on DTVNow and Hulu Live. You can navigate pretty quickly, but instant channel changes are a trade-off.

Reactions: volinbham
It's the same way on DTVNow and Hulu Live. You can navigate pretty quickly, but instant channel changes are a trade-off.
I am using Hulu Live and that is one thing that I miss.

I am using Hulu Live and that is one thing that I miss.
I'm sure that will become less and less of a thing as internet speeds increase, but it is something to get used to. At least in Hulu you can set up favorite channels and navigate to recent channels. I also have a second screen in my basement though to combat all of that.

I'll see how I like it but I'm thinking the $5 saving off PSVue isn't worth losing my last channel button. Still going to give it a try though.

I use YouTube on Roku. If you hit the down arrow it will then allow you to go back to your last channel. Just have to hit the down arrow twice and then select it. It’s not “instant” but you don’t have to go to the guide either.

BP4Prez wins. Down 3 times will let you return to the previous channel. Good. So far, YoutubeTV seems to work well.

The Digital recorder was
6293207_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=11;canvasWidth=60
Mediasonic - Digital Converter Box with DVR - Black with tax $54.61 at Best Buy
You'll need a memory stick to store the video, I had a spare 32GB which has been fine.
It has an HDMI output so I just ran it through my home theater system to make the install easy.

I recently picked up an Ematic AT103B Digital Converter Box with Recording at Walmart. I wasn't happy with the first recordings and was disapointed with it as the two shows recorded on playback had buffering issues and skipped several minutes this was using a new Sandisk 164GB thumb drive that I bought specifically for it. The next night I used a half full 1TB HDD and a week later have had no more issues and I'm very pleased with it. The shows look really good when I play them back through my Sony UBP-X800 UHD player to my Vizio V-Series 43" 4K TV.

I hooked the Ematic to my kitchen Samsung HDTV using a HDMI cable and used a coax splitter from the old school rabbit ears already hooked to the tv for the signal. The best part I can switch to the HDMI source to set up my recordings and switch back to the TV if anyone wants to watch something else as the TV stays off most of the time. I don't know if it matters but I make sure to turn the box off before removing the HDD.

For those who have tried YouTube TV and Vue did you notice any difference in quality between the two?

Anybody have advice on improving streaming on Firestick? It buffers slot on movies we rent and stuff, Internet is strong m. Could it be interference from our older lcd TVs? Thanks all.

What sort of router do you have? If it's buffering a lot that tends to be the internet connection. Usually ends up being the router unless you have kids and 12 devices streaming crap all over the house.

Is the buffering on everything or just specific apps?

Anyone else get tired of seeing the same ads all the time? I'm guessing these platforms aren't selling ads as effectively as established cable providers -- my PSVue is overrun with PSA's and dead air with no commercials at all.

So Playstation Vue is shutting down in January. I may go back to YouTube but I'd like to get NFL Network. Anyone have a service they are happy with that carries NFL Network?

I'm guessing Sling is the only other option to get NFL Network. Fubo has it by no ESPN, so that's a deal killer. Anyone here use Sling?

I'm guessing Sling is the only other option to get NFL Network. Fubo has it by no ESPN, so that's a deal killer. Anyone here use Sling?
I did. Switched to YouTube TV instead. Sling isn't bad, but they lost local Fox Sports (so no Preds or Grizz).

The NFL Network isn't even that good lol.

I did. Switched to YouTube TV instead. Sling isn't bad, but they lost local Fox Sports (so no Preds or Grizz).

The NFL Network isn't even that good lol.
Yeah, you're probably right. It was actually Red Zone that I watched on Vue. My biggest issue with YouTubeTV was only three simultaneous streams, but I don't know that I'm going to match the five streams I had with Vue. But not having local FOX is a deal breaker, so thanks for letting me know.

Yeah, you're probably right. It was actually Red Zone that I watched on Vue. My biggest issue with YouTubeTV was only three simultaneous streams, but I don't know that I'm going to match the five streams I had with Vue. But not having local FOX is a deal breaker, so thanks for letting me know.
Them dropping regional fox sports is the only reason I decided to switch

VN Store

Back