The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

I just dropped DirecTV for YouTube TV. Saving over $100 per month and I still have every channel I would want. It works great on the go via my iPad as well.

I’ve been streaming for over a year now. We have DTV Now, Amazon Prime and Netflix. Love our combo and we’ve save over $1,000

This month marks our 2 year anniversary of cutting to cord and going with PSVue and DirecTV Now (alternating every few months or so). We have been saving $80 a month and getting just about everything we were getting with regular cable and figured us saving a nice $1,920 over the last 2 years :)

I went to PSV December ‘16. I’ve saved a ton. They just updated a few days ago on the phone app and you can watch it anywhere now. Not just “home”. It’s awesome.

I went to PSV December ‘16. I’ve saved a ton. They just updated a few days ago on the phone app and you can watch it anywhere now. Not just “home”. It’s awesome.

Wait................I switched to DTVNow this month to get a FireTV box for free. When did PSV do this? That's awesome lol

Wait................I switched to DTVNow this month to get a FireTV box for free. When did PSV do this? That's awesome lol

Just 3 days ago. Ha

I tried it at work and sure as crap, I was watching live tv, my shows, etc. no limits.

Awesome.

Attachments

• 04285FD7-4D74-44C3-B773-960606D479F4.jpg
    04285FD7-4D74-44C3-B773-960606D479F4.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I gotta get rid of my cable. I just need to figure out an internet provider that will be unlimited since I will be strictly streaming. I have att now and it is unlimited but only because I have uverse. Any thoughts?

I gotta get rid of my cable. I just need to figure out an internet provider that will be unlimited since I will be strictly streaming. I have att now and it is unlimited but only because I have uverse. Any thoughts?

All depends on ISPs in your area. We have ATT Fiber and it's unlimited.

I think we pay 70 a month. I was paying 70 a month for like 50MBPS speed and 250 or 500 GB cap every month with Comcast.

yeah looks like I will pay 50 a month for 1 TB. Not too bad. Getting Sling I think and it will be 25 a month gonna save about 60-70 a month!

yeah looks like I will pay 50 a month for 1 TB. Not too bad. Getting Sling I think and it will be 25 a month gonna save about 60-70 a month!

Had UVerse with 24mbps. Cut UVerse, upgraded to fiber 300mbps with 1TB of data for an extra $5. Closest I have come is 700GB of usage in a month using PSVue.

I was concerned on the data usage by streaming all the time, but I rarely get over 500GBs

Sounds like you will have the 300mbps right? With the 1TB cap? If they offer Gigapower, there isn't a cap on that since august of 16.

Had UVerse with 24mbps. Cut UVerse, upgraded to fiber 300mbps with 1TB of data for an extra $5. Closest I have come is 700GB of usage in a month using PSVue.

I was concerned on the data usage by streaming all the time, but I rarely get over 500GBs

Is that still att?

Sounds like you will have the 300mbps right? With the 1TB cap? If they offer Gigapower, there isn't a cap on that since august of 16.

No thats to keep the 24 i have now i have no problem streaming with 24.

As a heads up - DirecTV Now has a pay for 3 months get a free AppleTV 4K.

I was going to do the 3 month trial for 10/mo but saw this deal. Netted an AppleTV 4K for $105.

I've been using PSVue for about 6 - 8 months. Bothered by occasional buffering so thought I'd check DTV Now. So far in my limited side by side PSVue has a more consistently stable stream. The difference I find is that DTVNow reduces the quality of the picture while PSVue tends to pause it. Watching basketball on DTVNow resulted in frequent changing between HD and what looked like crappy phone video (blocky, pixelated).

Both have their annoyances but for the price either beats what I was paying with regular DirecTV.

If you want a good deal on an AppleTV 4K - sign up - you won't find one cheaper and you get 3 months of programming.

As a heads up - DirecTV Now has a pay for 3 months get a free AppleTV 4K.

I was going to do the 3 month trial for 10/mo but saw this deal. Netted an AppleTV 4K for $105.

I've been using PSVue for about 6 - 8 months. Bothered by occasional buffering so thought I'd check DTV Now. So far in my limited side by side PSVue has a more consistently stable stream. The difference I find is that DTVNow reduces the quality of the picture while PSVue tends to pause it. Watching basketball on DTVNow resulted in frequent changing between HD and what looked like crappy phone video (blocky, pixelated).

Both have their annoyances but for the price either beats what I was paying with regular DirecTV.

If you want a good deal on an AppleTV 4K - sign up - you won't find one cheaper and you get 3 months of programming.

I was literally coming into this thread to post the same thing. I got fed up with my cable company and signed up for DirecTV Now 2 weeks ago. I've liked it so far. I miss the DVR, but supposedly that's coming in the next couple of months. Had the same annoyance in a couple of games, but for the 50%+ less than cable, it's hard to beat. Plus, the ability to view it anywhere on your phone is a big bonus.

big problem I have is the same garbage cable company is the only real option I have for internet and 20 Mbps is the best they offer.

It’s insane reading what y’all were paying for cable and internet. Both Virginia Beach and now DC have vastly lower rates for an internet/cable combo. Getting the sports channels I want plus 150 mbps is costing me $115 a month. It just wasn’t worth worrying about streaming for what little I would I would save

It’s insane reading what y’all were paying for cable and internet. Both Virginia Beach and now DC have vastly lower rates for an internet/cable combo. Getting the sports channels I want plus 150 mbps is costing me $115 a month. It just wasn’t worth worrying about streaming for what little I would I would save

I was over $220 for obviously outdated technology and 16mbps. Until we moved here, I didn't even know internet could move that slow without AOL sound effects.

For me, Internet was 65 and DTV was over 100 when you count paying for HD, DVR, 3 boxes, local TV and the programming package.

I'm saving about 75/mo by going streaming.

I have DVR, HD and a ton of wasted channels in order to get SEC Network. If I were in an SEC market, I could save around another $20.

Last edited:
I WAS paying $120 for DTV a year ago. I still pay $65 for 50Mbps internet, but I pay $10 for DTVnow and haven't missed a thing.

Thank you extra $110/month. And no contract. To get the $60 DirecTV rate you gotta contract up.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back