The Tuesday night "Fire Currie" Thread [merged]

I agree with you, but how do you propose we overthrow the billionaire Haslams?
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_filename_640.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Tennessee football as the over forty crowd here has known it is gone forever. The last ten years and the last three days have put a stake in our heart. No decent coach in his right mind is going to step into this situation. The Nineties aren't coming back. We are the equivalent of Kentucky and Vandy now. That is just reality and is the new normal that Vol fans will have to adjust themselves to.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm an embarrassment? No your an embarrassment. I bet you never graduated from UT. What the fans did Sunday was stupid, it hurt UT's image. I've been recruited by schools who have explained to me that the stupidity of some students and fans does not represent their school.
I graduated from U.T. over 45 years ago, and I am embarrassed by the mob rule that has taken place. People need to sit back , and let the people in charge do the job they were hired to do. The inmates are running the asylum, and it's a bad look.

I wonder how they would like it if someone was looking over their shoulder, threatening them, criticizing them, and telling them how to do their job. That is, if they have a job.

Very obvious that Currie has never hired a football coach and regardless of who is hired Currie will neverrrrrrr succeed at UT:good!:

Reactions: 1 person
A moment of clarity...
University of Tennessee needs to cut ties with the Haslams, Currie, & Davenport immediately.
These 3 people are causing years of damage to a university that is loved by millions.
Please get on Twitter, Facebook, or email anyone that will listen.

GBO

Reactions: 2 people
The sad thing is less than a week ago we were still a very attractive job. Amazing how one major screw up by an AD can change things so dramatically. I remember thinking back last fall when it was practically a forgone conclusion that Blackburn would be our next AD and then we got Currie. I remember how shocked everyone was. I remember thinking when we made that AD hire that we might end up regretting it. Blackburn was a great AD at Chattanooga and is a UT alum who bleeds O&W and would have been fully committed to making this football program relevant again. Godd@mn you Haslam and Davenport!

It’s crazy as hell to think the success or failure of our football program could potentially hang on whether or not it’s largest donor could see jail time. Let that sink in

I'm an embarrassment? No your an embarrassment. I bet you never graduated from UT. What the fans did Sunday was stupid, it hurt UT's image. I've been recruited by schools who have explained to me that the stupidity of some students and fans does not represent their school.

do you even know what you are trying to say!
just be quiet!

I graduated from U.T. over 45 years ago, and I am embarrassed by the mob rule that has taken place. People need to sit back , and let the people in charge do the job they were hired to do. The inmates are running the asylum, and it's a bad look.

I wonder how they would like it if someone was looking over their shoulder, threatening them, criticizing them, and telling them how to do their job. That is, if they have a job.

It feels good to know others share your view. I feel like there aren’t many around right now.

Currie is safe as long as Davenport is Chancellor. She may not last, but she's not going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

There are others working to overthrow Haslams poisonous grip on UT athletics. They are the majority of boosters, including big names like Charlie Ergen (Dish Network) There is a team of Pro’s who are ready to take the reins and catch us a BIG name coach. The only thing stopping us from saving UT is @UTPresidentJoe and @ChancellorDav bizarre loyalty to Haslam. #SaveUT
-MIT Beaver

Quoting Beaver? Sorry but he is about as connected as I am.

Everyone thinks no one wants to come here because of the UTAD and admin but not one person says it’s also because we have a ton of negativity from our fans even during our good times. This is the SJW era and our fan base has dove right in.

After today's $$$ thrown around there will be plenty new folks more interested. I do kinda like the Kevin Steel idea of VFL with some VFL staffers.

Wasting your breath. We have too many coach worshippers and apologists. They will defend any coach who is hired to the death no matter what. I honestly don't know our program can survive another Dooley or Butch hire...much less another rebuild. Need a REAL coach who can coach up our current talent and compete in 2018.

This 100%. They hadn't even finalized the Schiano hire before there were a half dozen "Coach is exactly what we need", "We need to get behind coach...", and "Coach will bring stability to the program if we give him time" type threads.

Quite possibly. But if theyve got a long term fat contrsct they are in control of their own destiny regardless of who’s the AD. Not saying it doesn’t mater. Just saying it could be overcome. However...

FIRE THAT IDIOT JOHN CURRIE!!!

The constant protests and petitions to fire Fulmer then Dooley then Butch and Schiano are why we can't get a decent coach now. This fan base needs to grow up and stop trying to run the athletic dept. Big Jim needs to realize he's not fit to run a football program and stop trying to control every hire and fire. We just need him to open his wallet and let the people who are qualified to run this program do their job. #stopwiththeprotests

A moment of clarity...
University of Tennessee needs to cut ties with the Haslams, Currie, & Davenport immediately.
These 3 people are causing years of damage to a university that is loved by millions.
Please get on Twitter, Facebook, or email anyone that will listen.

GBO

Damn right! Rise up Volnation! We showed our power on Sunday. However that was only the first battle. The war is not over! Strike back tonight! Students get your arses out of your dorm rooms and march outside Curries office! Take to twitter, Facebook! Whatever it takes to get Currie's ass out immediately! Although we can't fire Haslam, we can fry him in the court of public opinion! He is runs a corrupt business and needs to be exposed! He may run his Browns and Pilot businesses like crap, but your money is no good for our University buddy!

Come on people we just keep rehashing the same thing over and over. Haslam, Currie, Davenport. All 3 are here to stay. We all know it. We just dont want to except it.

Bound to be a factor with coaches. He's proven he has no idea what he's doing.

VN Store

Back