The Tuesday night "Fire Currie" Thread [merged]

Ya that’s just what we need , I’m sure a coach would love to come somewhere that just fired their head coach Ad ! Great spot to come coach. Not to mention we have been the punching bag of the sports media for days now

Mississippi State just hired Moorehead from penn State. Took them less than 48 hours to land a proven coach. Meanwhile the three stooges are still running around looking. This is the worst coaching search I've ever seen and Currie is a fool. #cleanhouse

Reactions: 6 people
Only way to get Currie and the rest of the idiot leadership out. Pathetic

I’m mad at the way the admin handled the first part of this search but you can’t blame them for Gundy turning us down. Sounds like they put on the full court press. Would have been nice to see this effort prior to Sunday though.

Reactions: 7 people
I’m mad at the way the admin handled the first part of this search but you can’t blame them for Gundy turning us down. Sounds like they put on the full court press. Would have been nice to see this effort prior to Sunday though.

Your last sentence is exactly why we can blame them.

Reactions: 4 people

I agree. They offered Gundy a 2.8 mil, 66% raise from current salary.

The easy thing to do right now is for the ATD to simply hire someone for the sake of pleasing the media and fanbase. They deserve all the hell they are going to receive until they hire someone, but they need to stay strong and offer big. Someone is going to want a big raise and I am sure our offer of 7mil a year is going to raise some eyebrows that we mean business.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree. They offered Gundy a 2.8 mil, 66% raise from current salary.

The easy thing to do right now is for the ATD to simply hire someone for the sake of pleasing the media and fanbase. They deserve all the hell they are going to receive until they hire someone, but they need to stay strong and offer big. Someone is going to want a big raise and I am sure our offer of 7mil a year is going to raise some eyebrows that we mean business.

That’s the problem. No one wants to come here because the clowns we have leading are making Ian into a laughingstock.

Reactions: 3 people
Mississippi State just hired Moorehead from penn State. Took them less than 48 hours to land a proven coach. Meanwhile the three stooges are still running around looking. This is the worst coaching search I've ever seen and Currie is a fool. #cleanhouse

Define “proven coach”. A 2 year OC and prior head coach at Fordham? You’d be ok with that? No. You wouldn’t. We want bigger and better and it’s gonna take time. We screwed up the beginning of this search but you can’t blame the admin for going after Gundy and him saying no.

Reactions: 5 people

moore head and penn state.

see the issue here?

Reactions: 3 people
Currie basically called 6 or 7 coaches and said the first one to raise their hand is hired. This is an insulting way to hire people and good coaches know it.

Just imagine if we had a real initial coaching search?! 7 million a year and we would’ve landed_______________

Reactions: 1 person
Ya that’s just what we need , I’m sure a coach would love to come somewhere that just fired their head coach Ad ! Great spot to come coach. Not to mention we have been the punching bag of the sports media for days now

Gotta be done immediately. No coach is going to take Currie serious after Sunday.

Protesting isn't going to help. The fans have caused enough problems. Protesting is only going to make the job less desirable. The fans need to sit down and shut up. Gundy just turned down double what he was making, what does that tell you about what he thinks about Tennessee and it's "passionate" fan base. The delusional fans make it hard for us realistic fans.

While I agree that the administration has botched this coaching search beyond repair, if we keep talking about protesting and petitions, we're never going to see nother winning season in Knoxville. Why would anyone want to walk into this environment right now? This is going to be painful.

Protesting isn't going to help. The fans have caused enough problems. Protesting is only going to make the job less desirable. The fans need to sit down and shut up. Gundy just turned down double what he was making, what does that tell you about what he thinks about Tennessee and it's "passionate" fan base. The delusional fans make it hard for us realistic fans.

Get the h*** off of this forum. You’re an embarrassment.

Reactions: 8 people

:banghead2:

And no one wants to work for those. At this point we may be forced to re-hire Derek Dooley. It is that bad.

Will someone please fire this man immediately.

No coach wants to come here as long as the Ad and Haslam are running things. It’s a mess and everyone knows it. It’s not a money issue. No coach wants to work under them. They have to go for us to be able to rebuild.

I have a job. Don't have time to protest over something this stupid. Protesting fans are doing nothing but making the situation worse. Sunday was an exception but can't become the norm. We can't protest everything we don't like. That's what's wrong with our world today.

VN Store

Back