The Tennessee Walking Horse

Ya, virtually nonexistent these days.

map1.jpg

Ya, virtually nonexistent these days.

map1.jpg

So you are using a 10 year period, 10 years, and there were only a little over 2400 in Tennessee. That's 240 per year average and that's from a "friends of sound horses" or some such. (LMAO I just looked them up they are PETA but say they are different because they only care about horses, but they are concerned with the emotional health, CHIROPRACTIC health yada yada. Bunch of loonies is what they are and they say they are against pads and other safe froms of training so all their numbers should be viewed just like PETA numbers, in other words worth jack).

Do you have any idea how many Walking horses were in Tennessee during that timespan?

So you see even from those numbers (which are suspect because they come from an activist org who considers anything besides positive reinforcement or the use of shoes and pads as abuse they want them shown BAREFOOT) you can see that in fact the great MAJORITY are not sored.

You admit that you have no first hand knowledge, but others on here are around championship caliber horses. Now you are saying it is those with real world first hand experience that are wrong and the one that reads the press clippings from PETA with no actual experience is correct. :no:

That would be like me telling NFL players what goes on in their locker rooms. I have no idea because I have never been there. People that haven't been in a horse barn don't know what goes on in there either.

Last edited:
So you are using a 10 year period, 10 years, and there were only a little over 2400 in Tennessee. That's 240 per year average and that's from a "friends of sound horses" or some such.

Do you have any idea how many Walking horses were in Tennessee during that timespan?

So you see even from those numbers (which are suspect because they come from an activist org who may consider anything besides positive reinforcement as abuse) you can see that in fact the great MAJORITY are not sored.

You admit that you have no first hand knowledge, but others on here are around championship caliber horses. Now you are saying it is those with real world first hand experience that are wrong and the one that reads the press clippings from PETA with no actual experience is correct. :no:

That would be like me telling NFL players what goes on in their locker rooms. I have no idea because I have never been there. People that haven't been in a horse barn don't know what goes on in there either.

So, it's all about PETA, not the truth about the horses? You guys are so brainwashed because of the "hate PETA" meme. You all need to go kick a dog or something.

"Robots", says the guy whose information comes from interest groups and the news media.

In topsy-turvy world, you are brainwashed if you use information and facts. I see. I should just go with my "gut" and off of what I know of that one guy who I met one time.

Hating PETA is perfectly legitimate.

They euthanize more animals annually than a lot of animal shelters.
And this red herring accomplishes what as to this issue?

The ultra defensiveness of you folks is humorous. The outright denials of the foul practices, followed by stating that they had been done away with by the 80's, then when given statistics from the very recent past, you come out to tell everyone that PETA euthanizes animals.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

In topsy-turvy world, you are brainwashed if you use information and facts. I see. I should just go with my "gut" and off of what I know of that one guy who I met one time.

There's a difference between facts presented by groups with agendas and facts presented by sources that are neutral. It's not smart to ingest information without a grain of salt.

The ultra defensiveness of you folks is humorous. The outright denials of the foul practices, followed by stating that they had been done away with by the 80's, then when given statistics from the very recent past, you come out to tell everyone that PETA euthanizes animals.

The "kick a dog" guy was certainly on-topic, too.

There's a difference between facts presented by groups with agendas and facts presented by sources that are neutral. It's not smart to ingest information without a grain of salt.

I could assume that the numbers were exaggerated by ten times or more. It's still obviously happening.

Talk about animal abuse, and suddenly the conversation is about PETA.

Smells like straw man to me.

IP your "facts" are coming from an activist org. that is on par with PETA.

To them anything except positive reinforcment is abuse. They want them shown BAREFOOT are you getting that, barefoot.

You can't trust numbers about hunting/dogs/cats from PETA and you can't trust numbers about sore footed horses from this group either.

I mean they make the claim that "1000" actual violations of the law were cited last year. That's their number. They know that is an extremely low number for the entire US so they say "but if they could inspect more they MAY be able to find 20000".

Give me a break.

I love animals and am big hearted as they come, but what they call abuse is asinine.

I don't advocate abuse of anything, people or animals but these guys are rediculous.

Of course if you want to use their numbers and say there were only 1000 cases of soring in the entire US in the last year go for it. That is miniscule.

I have not seen one person denying that this type of cheating exists, and no one here has defended the practice. It's wrong to abuse animals period.

It's just those of us with actual experience with show quality walking horses know it's blown way out of whack for political gain.

It doesn't have to be. You don't have to hate PETA to see their idiocy.

PETA,at its core, is a fine group and does good.......I believe that they have a lunitic fringe that hide behind the organization to push an agenda, not just protect animals. I used to help fund a local group until they started the radical shat. Bringing attention to abuse is great, taking matters into their own hands is another.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
IP your "facts" are coming from an activist org. that is on par with PETA.

To them anything except positive reinforcment is abuse. They want them shown BAREFOOT are you getting that, barefoot.

You can't trust numbers about hunting/dogs/cats from PETA and you can't trust numbers about sore footed horses from this group either.

I mean they make the claim that "1000" actual violations of the law were cited last year. That's their number. They know that is an extremely low number for the entire US so they say "but if they could inspect more they MAY be able to find 20000".

Give me a break.

I love animals and am big hearted as they come, but what they call abuse is asinine.

I don't advocate abuse of anything, people or animals but these guys are rediculous.

Of course if you want to use their numbers and say there were only 1000 cases of soring in the entire US in the last year go for it. That is miniscule.

I worked in the veterinary industry in the South for five years. I disagree.

For what it's worth, PETA hasn't been mentioned by anyone but people denying there's a problem. The people behind the organizations I have mentioned own, breed, and race horses (which flies in the face of the red herring of them wanting to ban all ownership of animals-- they aren't PETA).

You're not telling us anything new. You continually imply that it's rampant, widespread, and even said that the reason the horses have the gaits they do now is due to torture. See:

There's a reason why the FBI has shut down several of the recent Tennessee Walking Horse judging events in recent years: rampant widespread animal torture.

Linking us an article saying it happens does nothing for you, because none of us deny that it does happen. You just make it sound like having a walking horse in a show is a terrible sin and that the people involved with the horse training are evil.

VN Store

Back