The Stop Being Negative Thread (merged)

Give our team a chance! The season just started. We have along way to go and a great coach to get us there! Rome wasn't built in a day! We as TN fans have lived through season after season of crapy coaching don't you guys think it will take a little bit to turn it all around. Give coach Pruitt a chance and the team sometime, or as usual the big mouth, instant gratification, football wanna-bes will run off a guy who truly wants to get TN back to our football tradition! Watch and see!

Lower the competition and you may see some wins, otherwise get used to losing

I was telling a friend today that there is no objective, measurable evidence that Tennessee is any better this year. Today proved it. Most, if not all, of our hopes were on subjective observations...the team gave up last year, practices look better with new staff, we Weren’t as bad as the 4-8 record said.

This whole program is in shambles. I hope today was just “growing pains” and that Pruitt is indeed the answer, but hope is all we have. Because the evidence that we’re better sure isn’t there.

It's hard for a Zebra to lose its stripes

I don't think simply losing is so unexpected but to lose by that much is unacceptable. To not score from first and goal twice as a SEC team playing a non-defensive team is unacceptable. There's losing and then there's getting dominated. We got dominated. And it wasn't all because of Grier who youve all crowned as the next Tom Brady until the next decent team comes around and slaps him in the mouth.

There is nothing instant nor gratifying about the state of Tennessee football for the past 11 years. How do people still not recognize this? Did you just miss the years in-between Fulmer being fired and Pruitt being hired? We are in the 11th year of a rebuild. These "fans are impatient" takes need to stop. I don't believe anyone expected Pruitt to come in here and make us SEC East champions in year 1 but we definitely expect to compete better than we did in that game.
What I’m saying is that they need to get rid of the instant gratification thought cuz that’s not reality. I’m one of those guys that didn’t expect to go 8-4 like some of these guys were. Now that we lost one game some people are claiming Pruitt is not going to cut it out as ahead coach. That drives me crazy when I hear that

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It
All Abooooaaarrrd the NEGA VOL Express, next stop VN!
IR+1.jpg

You know how to stop negativity? Play good football. You don't even have to win. Just compete. I did expect at least that much. 33-21 or 36- 28 would be acceptable but that's not what happened. We looked soft out there except for Guarantano and Jordan. No fire at all.

Reactions: photovol
Negavols thought Pruitt would come in and in 9 months with limited practices would magically win the east....they clearly have no clue about football and how down we really are with talent

Reactions: WeeohdeeWood
I expected to not be completely embarrassed by a mid tier big 12 team. I also expect a 5-7 season with hopes of 6-6 but that team we saw Saturday was as unprepared as any I've seen in an opening game. There are concerns and no one should be buying into another unproven coach until given a damn good reason to.

Reactions: Thorp32
Brutal but a fair assessment of what we've done and (possibly) continue to do.
If CJP's team doesnt improve much this season and if he doesnt have elite recruiting while here, the writing is on the wall.

And after all these debacles if the well is dry w Pruitt we are really S.O.L. This last search was a meltdown of biblical proportions. I have 0 faith in Admin to do even a competent job if this expiriment fails. Hopefully he can bring us back to at least relevance in the East, but if not this search was the final nail in the coffin.

Honestly I quit listening to talk radio, SEC network, reading the blogs watching the coaches shows, no more donations, no more buying seats, and tickets. I watch the games now if I have time, but it is no longer a priority.

The admin has made us a laughing stock since the initial firing of Fulmer. When it stops then I will begin support financially again.

I am far from calling for his head. I thought the last hire was critical for rejuvenating this program, the administration whiffed that chance. Recently I was hoping good coaching alone could turn things around, nope. I was expecting us to look competent at minimum but did not see much outside of QB and running back. They pretty much threw us around on the line of scrimmage. I will not attack the coach unless he loses to Vandy. That is my line in the sand.
After the first couple of series our offensive line held its own and, at times, looked outstanding in both the run and passing games. Jahmir Johnson is going to be a player and we have enough over there to be really good if coaches can find the right combo. The defensive front 7 weren't horrendous as some say but have to make improvement. The DB's will improve because they are babies and the mistakes they made are coachable.

After the first couple of series our offensive line held its own and, at times, looked outstanding in both the run and passing games. Jahmir Johnson is going to be a player and we have enough over there to be really good if coaches can find the right combo. The defensive front 7 weren't horrendous as some say but have to make improvement. The DB's will improve because they are babies and the mistakes they made are coachable.

After watching his TV program I am encouraged. Looked like he wanted get to the film study instead of being on that dullard show. I agree with him.

CJP doesnt get my faith. He must prove he is great. So far, so bad.

This...

He obviously has time to improve, but as of now he looks lost...

It's one game. But he has failed in his one chance. His next one is this week. We'll see how it goes.

Give our team a chance! The season just started. We have along way to go and a great coach to get us there! Rome wasn't built in a day! We as TN fans have lived through season after season of crapy coaching don't you guys think it will take a little bit to turn it all around. Give coach Pruitt a chance and the team sometime, or as usual the big mouth, instant gratification, football wanna-bes will run off a guy who truly wants to get TN back to our football tradition! Watch and see!

My question is how many posts have been merged in this thread? There'v been many. CJP is a good man.........give him a chance.

This...

He obviously has time to improve, but as of now he looks lost...

It's one game. But he has failed in his one chance. His next one is this week. We'll see how it goes.
Explain looks lost... I'll hang up and listen.

VN Store

Back