The Solution to Our Problems:

“The Solution to Our Problems:”

I think I finally figured it out. Gatorade is made by gators or some crap like that.....and I read somewhere is can give you Aids (that’s why they had to label it on the bottle).

Power Aids is for wuss’s and I think can also give you Aids.

They need to empty the freakin coolers and fill it with Jolt Cola.....”all the sugar and twice the caffeine” and doesn’t cause Aids.

660A78A2-FB3C-49EA-82CE-AE7F9B01E024.png

Reactions: CR-vol
Lol, what do I care? Hell yes bring back Phil. It won’t set you back but maybe another 8-10 years. So by all means. I change my opinion, and now want Fulmer back at Tennessee.
Oh ****, your last line was scary. I bet your foes are on notice now and making strategic plans for when the inevitable happens. 👍
Your fear of the return of Fulmer is evident for all to see. Each calumny you direct towards the redoubtable giant of Vol football serves only to reinforce the veracity of our claim, that CPF is the hero we need now, in our darkest hour. The very fact that the enemies of Tennessee football do NOT want CPF is very telling. With the general at the helm, we would soon return to the propitious peaks we were accustomed to in yesteryear. Victory is at hand, we must simply have the courage to step boldly through the doorway of fate.

Is the installation of the ol’ warhorse, the favorite and first son of Tennessee football, Phil Fulmer, as head coach.
What in the name of all that is sane are you talking about? Do you not recall the lazy azz years of Phil? Would not recruit. Had sloppy practices, such that he closed them to the writers/press. It was embarrassing to watch his interviews. He knew the end was near and tried to hang on as long as he could. Yeah... bring him back, cause that really makes sense... but to whom?
Do you not recall the NC, multiple SEC crowns, and innumerable East titles?? When is the last time we came close to recreating the magic that permeated Knoxville when CPF was commanding the sidelines, inspiring confidence in our squad and fear in the opposition??
Sometimes it is hard not to think that Tennessee gets what "it" deserves--cast aside a living legend who has poured his blood, sweat, and tears in service of the school he loves, all to be unceremoniously discarded when ne'er-do-wells that are comically his "superiors" (in job title only, that is for certain) make the infamous decision that he is "expendable". Laughing is all that you can do, because the alternative is crying.

Your fear of the return of Fulmer is evident for all to see. Each calumny you direct towards the redoubtable giant of Vol football serves only to reinforce the veracity of our claim, that CPF is the hero we need now, in our darkest hour. The very fact that the enemies of Tennessee football do NOT want CPF is very telling. With the general at the helm, we would soon return to the propitious peaks we were accustomed to in yesteryear. Victory is at hand, we must simply have the courage to step boldly through the doorway of fate.
lol, my fear. I am not afraid of Fulmer coming back (in fact I pray he does). I mean anyone with half a brain knows that was his grand plan from the start. Why hire Pruitt over some well respected and innovative coaches who were interested? Why? It is an easier path for him, plus he gets to look like a hero. And I am going to out myself, I am a DAWG to the bone. Now I know that by me letting this out is just gonna open me up to insults and smartass comments regularly. But before all that starts let me say this. I have been a member here for over a year and a half. I don’t come here and try and start trouble. I don’t insult anyone, and I understand that my perspective on things is a little different from everyone else’s here because most all of you are diehard vol fans.
But anytime I do post I am as honest as I can be, and don’t say things to try and troll. When I post something, it is because I have an opinion to add to the discussion.
And I will say again. IMHO, bringing Fulmer back as head coach would be the final nail in the coffin. Honestly I felt that way about him becoming the AD. As I said I think his plan from the start was to get the HC’s job back. And it was all I could do to keep my mouth shut when you guys were going nuts over hiring Chaney. Most ALL UGA fans wanted him gone and were relieved when he left. And the “Big bank take little bank” comment was hillarious, mostly because we knew pretty much word for word what you guys would be saying during the games because we had been saying the same things for 3 years. But sure from the outside it looked like he was killing it. Truth is with the talent we have right now I could call the plays and be almost if not more successful than Chaney. He is not the answer, and I give it 2 years before he is gone. And I know that you all thought that if you got Chaney you could get Pittman (and that would kill us, seriously). But we know what we have in Pittman and fortunately he loves and wants to retire in Athens. And we won’t let someone else get him due to $$.
So there, if think I am afraid of Fulmer you are reading me wrong, I welcome it. I just was saying that I don’t think he is the right man for your job.Now let the bashing begin.

lol, my fear. I am not afraid of Fulmer coming back (in fact I pray he does). I mean anyone with half a brain knows that was his grand plan from the start. Why hire Pruitt over some well respected and innovative coaches who were interested? Why? It is an easier path for him, plus he gets to look like a hero. And I am going to out myself, I am a DAWG to the bone. Now I know that by me letting this out is just gonna open me up to insults and smartass comments regularly. But before all that starts let me say this. I have been a member here for over a year and a half. I don’t come here and try and start trouble. I don’t insult anyone, and I understand that my perspective on things is a little different from everyone else’s here because most all of you are diehard vol fans.
But anytime I do post I am as honest as I can be, and don’t say things to try and troll. When I post something, it is because I have an opinion to add to the discussion.
And I will say again. IMHO, bringing Fulmer back as head coach would be the final nail in the coffin. Honestly I felt that way about him becoming the AD. As I said I think his plan from the start was to get the HC’s job back. And it was all I could do to keep my mouth shut when you guys were going nuts over hiring Chaney. Most ALL UGA fans wanted him gone and were relieved when he left. And the “Big bank take little bank” comment was hillarious, mostly because we knew pretty much word for word what you guys would be saying during the games because we had been saying the same things for 3 years. But sure from the outside it looked like he was killing it. Truth is with the talent we have right now I could call the plays and be almost if not more successful than Chaney. He is not the answer, and I give it 2 years before he is gone. And I know that you all thought that if you got Chaney you could get Pittman (and that would kill us, seriously). But we know what we have in Pittman and fortunately he loves and wants to retire in Athens. And we won’t let someone else get him due to $$.
So there, if think I am afraid of Fulmer you are reading me wrong, I welcome it. I just was saying that I don’t think he is the right man for your job.Now let the bashing begin.
I rest my case my dear fellows. A Dawg wants no part of Fulmer....need I say more???? Fulmer is superior to Kirby in every way imaginable--knowledge, recruiting, accolades, etc. There is no doubt in my mind that UT would soon rule the league again if we but showed the good sense of re-installing the ol'warhorse in his rightful position as HBC.

I rest my case my dear fellows. A Dawg wants no part of Fulmer....need I say more???? Fulmer is superior to Kirby in every way imaginable--knowledge, recruiting, accolades, etc. There is no doubt in my mind that UT would soon rule the league again if we but showed the good sense of re-installing the ol'warhorse in his rightful position as HBC.
Lol, you have lost your ever loving mind. Where did I say we were scared of Fulmer? I didn’t. I PRAY that his ultimate plan works out, and he gets his job back. Fulmer’s time has long since passed. So just like you all thought we were upset when you hired Chaney. We weren’t. We wanted him gone a year earlier. And in case nobody has ever told you...From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU. So sure do us another solid and bring the pumpkin back.

Lol, you have lost your ever loving mind. Where did I say we were scared of Fulmer? I didn’t. I PRAY that his ultimate plan works out, and he gets his job back. Fulmer’s time has long since passed. So just like you all thought we were upset when you hired Chaney. We weren’t. We wanted him gone a year earlier. And in case nobody has ever told you...From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU. So sure do us another solid and bring the pumpkin back.
The "pumpkin" as you so disgracefully describe him, has won more national championships than you have likely ever seen in your lifetime. All those resources, all that fertile recruiting ground, supercoaches, etc.....and what do you have to show for it my dear friend?? In the history books, Tennessee will always reign supreme over your troubled dawgs.

Reactions: AM64
Let me ask you this: do you really think Kirby Smart is superior to Phillip Fulmer in anyway????

Respectfully, the modern game of football had passed Fulmer by long before he was fired. I admire him and appreciate his time here, but his record against ranked teams in his waning years was abysmal. The game changed, and he didn't. Installing him as head coach 1) isn't happening, and 2) would be a disaster if we did.

Reactions: volinSmyrna
Respectfully, the modern game of football had passed Fulmer by long before he was fired. I admire him and appreciate his time here, but his record against ranked teams in his waning years was abysmal. The game changed, and he didn't. Installing him as head coach 1) isn't happening, and 2) would be a disaster if we did.
Your tempered response is warmly welcomed my friend. However, we must agree to disagree. You state that the game has changed....does it not stand to reason that CPF might also change, and adapt to the modern game?? He has shown a proclivity for success, and more importantly, success at UT, which is not something that any other coach of the last decade can say?? His recruiting was impeccable, his knowledge of the game undeniable, and his love for the school unassailable. Take a look at the trophy cabinet in Neyland.....most of it was wrought at the hands of the Formidable Fulmer!!

SIAP but I doubt AD Fulmer does anything to change UTs fate against Saban. Pretty sure he is 0-2 against Saban while he is at Bama. Including Sabans first year which wasnt good at all.

Not sure how often they played when Saban was at LSU.

Your tempered response is warmly welcomed my friend. However, we must agree to disagree. You state that the game has changed....does it not stand to reason that CPF might also change, and adapt to the modern game?? He has shown a proclivity for success, and more importantly, success at UT, which is not something that any other coach of the last decade can say?? His recruiting was impeccable, his knowledge of the game undeniable, and his love for the school unassailable. Take a look at the trophy cabinet in Neyland.....most of it was wrought at the hands of the Formidable Fulmer!!
I am attempting to be respectful here, because you obviously have a love for UT and especially Coach Fulmer. But much of what you are asserting is emotionally driven and demonstrably false.

But hey...Go Vols.

Many would take Fulmer 11/10 times if he were to tangle with that most foul of miscreants, Nick Saban. Fulmer is an anathema to Saban, because Saban fears that his grip on the SEC would be irrevocably lost if Fulmer were to enter the fray once more.

I am attempting to be respectful here, because you obviously have a love for UT and especially Coach Fulmer. But much of what you are asserting is emotionally driven and demonstrably false.

But hey...Go Vols.
The winter of my discontent has been forged in the crucible of ingratitude that I have borne witness to time and time again on this board. How long must we hear of "Philopotamous", "Phatlock", "PhiLLLLL" etc.....the man heaved the school on his broad shoulders and carried the program to a NC, multiple SEC titles, and innumerable East crowns...a 152-52 record doesn't happen by accident.

Now, in the depths of our despair, a beacon of hope lays before us, and for some unfathomable reason, we do not grasp it with both hands. Vol nation is rife with backbiting and infighting, and all of it stems from the fall of a once proud program. The answer to our problems is clear.....let us join as one to return CPF to his rightful role as the HBC!!

Many would take Fulmer 11/10 times if he were to tangle with that most foul of miscreants, Nick Saban. Fulmer is an anathema to Saban, because Saban fears that his grip on the SEC would be irrevocably lost if Fulmer were to enter the fray once more.
Are you by chance a member of Monty Python?

Saban got his grip on the SEC while Fulmer was in charge of UT.

Looks like Fulmer is 1-4 against Saban. He has a 20%win percentage against the guy who fears him?

This is why we cant have nice things.

Keep smoking the good stuff.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol

Looks like Fulmer is 1-4 against Saban. He has a 20%win percentage against the guy who fears him?

I am now quite confident we are being trolled. He's committed...I'll give him that.

Are you by chance a member of Monty Python?
I am one who has long watched UT, and is taken aback by the calamitous fall of this storied institution. The heyday of this program was when CPF was prowling the sidelines, clapping opposing teams into oblivion, while gladdening the hearts of the orange faithful with his winsome personality and winning results.
Saban will rue the day he dared to take the Alabama job....IF CPF is given a chance to vanquish this foul foe, and others like him..... woe betides our enemies. He is truly the antithesis of all that Saban embodies, and to watch CPF dismantle the Bama program on the field and in recruiting is something every UT fan should embrace.

Can you even imagine that post-game interaction after the first of many thrashings CPF inflicts on Bama/Saban?? The deafening roar of the Neyland crowd,the sun-kissed field a chaotic scene of jubilant fans rushing the field..... I imagine that Saban trudges to midfield, understanding that this is an inevitable annual occurrence with Fulmer at the helm. At that point, CPF leans in close and whispers "I am the righter of wrongs. Begone with you, for you shall not trouble Tennessee anymore"

I am one who has long watched UT, and is taken aback by the calamitous fall of this storied institution. The heyday of this program was when CPF was prowling the sidelines, clapping opposing teams into oblivion, while gladdening the hearts of the orange faithful with his winsome personality and winning results.
Saban will rue the day he dared to take the Alabama job....IF CPF is given a chance to vanquish this foul foe, and others like him..... woe betides our enemies. He is truly the antithesis of all that Saban embodies, and to watch CPF dismantle the Bama program on the field and in recruiting is something every UT fan should embrace.

Can you even imagine that post-game interaction after the first of many thrashings CPF inflicts on Bama/Saban?? The deafening roar of the Neyland crowd,the sun-kissed field a chaotic scene of jubilant fans rushing the field..... I imagine that Saban trudges to midfield, understanding that this is an inevitable annual occurrence with Fulmer at the helm. At that point, CPF leans in close and whispers "I am the righter of wrongs. Begone with you, for you shall not trouble Tennessee anymore"
I didn't read any of that crap, but you should definitely request to change your screen name to Shakespearean-VOL. It'll get you all the ladies.

Hamilton did what no other coach could do, he dismantled the program by robbing it of its truest defender, CPF. Do you really think that CPF is not a match for Saban?? Fulmer could coach circles around that man, and could do so while comporting himself with the grace and dignity that befits the HBC of Tennessee.

Never doubt that the one thought that keeps Saban up at night is the idea that opposite him one day, will be the steely glare and resolve of that valiant ol' warhorse, Phillip Fulmer

Hamilton did what no other coach could do, he dismantled the program by robbing it of its truest defender, CPF. Do you really think that CPF is not a match for Saban?? Fulmer could coach circles around that man, and could do so while comporting himself with the grace and dignity that befits the HBC of Tennessee.

Never doubt that the one thought that keeps Saban up at night is the idea that opposite him one day, will be the steely glare and resolve of that valiant ol' warhorse, Phillip Fulmer
L. O. L.

Committed you are, and committed you should be.

Fulmer averaged 9 wins a season. Saban averages 12. Extra playoff games help that but the numbers are weighted to Sabans favor any way you slice it.

Let me ask you this: do you really think Kirby Smart is superior to Phillip Fulmer in anyway????
Lmao, are you serious? Fulmer might and this is a HUGE might (pun intended), be better at the in game coaching. But only because he has about 25 or so more years experience. But he may not be better as it has been a long time since he has coached. And the landscape with today’s kids is different, and maybe the biggest issue Fulmer would have today would be handling the whole social media and the like that wasn’t really around when he last coached (if it was it was in its infancy. But honestly it is a push as far as coaching).
The other main thing to be a successful head coach is recruiting. And Kirby would run circles around Phil, not literally (that could be bad for Kirby's health).And it isn’t just Kirby, our staff is loaded with elite recruiters. I would say Clemson is prolly the creme of the crop, as it seems they get just about everyone they want. But I would put our staff and HC at a close second, then bama.
So I don’t know what you expected me to say. I will take Kirby everyday and twice on Saturday’s.
Honestly, if could hire Kirby right now, or bring back today’s Phil what would you do. I think I know the answer, and I also think I know what you will say.

VN Store

Back