The Solution to Our Problems:

I quit reading after “I am not a betting man”. All of that talking and your first sentence told me all I needed to know. See ya Saturday. Looking forward to it.
I figured as much old friend. You have sashayed your way around this board, knowing that you may not have to answer for your egregious effronteries without the sheriff of Knoxville-- the much respected ol' lion of neyland-- at the end of the line to make you answerable. But recall what I have warned you when your joy turns to ashes: the storm is coming for you, and at its head....CPF!!

I figured as much old friend. You have sashayed your way around this board, knowing that you may not have to answer for your egregious effronteries without the sheriff of Knoxville-- the much respected ol' lion of neyland-- at the end of the line to make you answerable. But recall what I have warned you when your joy turns to ashes: the storm is coming for you, and at its head....CPF!!
Ohhhhhh, I am scared. I love keyboard toughguys. But thanks for the warning. You gonna be so talkative Sunday?
4-BB47806-5790-445-D-8755-207756526489.gif

I haven’t read the whole thread. But has human or animal sacrifice been floated out as a solution?

Ohhhhhh, I am scared. I love keyboard toughguys. But thanks for the warning. You gonna be so talkative Sunday?
4-BB47806-5790-445-D-8755-207756526489.gif
I think you mistake me my dear fellow. I am not referring to a physical reckoning, but a reckoning on the scoreboard, that would indubitably occur if CPF were manning the ship. Alas, we may lose the game, but the war is far from over.

As an aside, perhaps you can remind us which team has more recently won a national championship????? I await your answer with breathless anticipation.

It's, uh, "glad-handing". Gland-handing sounds like either a medical term, or something one of the wino's on Cumberland tries to do, publicly.

I think it is something the doctor does to me during my annual exam.

I think you mistake me my dear fellow. I am not referring to a physical reckoning, but a reckoning on the scoreboard, that would indubitably occur if CPF were manning the ship. Alas, we may lose the game, but the war is far from over.

As an aside, perhaps you can remind us which team has more recently won a national championship????? I await your answer with breathless anticipation.
Lol, didn’t see this post until just now. And I admit I have no rebuttal for the “who won a NC most recently”. But I love it when people go that route in an arguement. Because I can stop, because I won. If the best rebuttal you got is to throw up that as a comeback, well then I know you can’t think of anything of substance to come back with. And I am not going to kick you while your down. Good game.;)

Lol, didn’t see this post until just now. And I admit I have no rebuttal for the “who won a NC most recently”. But I love it when people go that route in an arguement. Because I can stop, because I won. If the best rebuttal you got is to throw up that as a comeback, well then I know you can’t think of anything of substance to come back with. And I am not going to kick you while your down. Good game.;)
Swagger it, swagger it, my disdainful cock-a-whoop. The days of glorifying yourself will soon be at an end, because inevitably.....inexorably.... the righter of wrongs will return to avenge us, and our honor will be besmirched no more.
And to the Vol faithful, remember that the night is darkest before the dawn. But there will be light my friends...there will be light.

Swagger it, swagger it, my disdainful cock-a-whoop. The days of glorifying yourself will soon be at an end, because inevitably.....inexorably.... the righter of wrongs will return to avenge us, and our honor will be besmirched no more.
And to the Vol faithful, remember that the night is darkest before the dawn. But there will be light my friends...there will be light.
Lol, folks like you crack me up. Use thirty words where four would work just fine. Your honor is forever besmirched, sorry to inform you. Show me on post where I glorified myself....
And maybe there will be light. But it’s 50/50 at best that the light is a train. And if it isn’t a train, then I will congratulate you if we’re still around when that day comes. I am pretty sure I got 30-35 years left in me, although you never know. You?

Is the installation of the ol’ warhorse, the favorite and first son of Tennessee football, Phil Fulmer, as head coach. His kind is not made for slick veneered board rooms and gland-handing over-proud boosters. His ilk is too noble for such vainglorious pursuits. He needs to be in the muck and mire with his men, leading our loyal lads against the barbarous Bulldogs and terrible Tiders. And if the last decade has taught us anything, it is that we can ask for no better general than our much ballyhooed coach, who led us to the most halcyon of heights.

Think about the instant upgrade in coaching we would receive—he has forgotten more than the likes of Kirby Smart will ever know!! This decided schematic advantage would obviously stand us in good stead my dear fellows. And that is to say nothing of the incredible boon his presence would be on the recruiting trail. Do you perchance recall names like Manning, Wilson, and Haynesworth?? All answered the call when CPF darkened their doorstep.
He is the holder of an NC, multiple SEC crowns, and several East banners. Who on the current, or indeed any, staff has accolades that can match those of the Vol Navy’s admiral?? My friends, the answer is as plain as day for those with the eyes to see.

And can you imagine the raucous scene the next time Alabama visits Neyland, if CPF were at the helm?? Fulmer is the panacea that Saban fears, never doubt it. I expect during the pre-game handshake, in an effort to overcompensate for his anxiety, Saban will bluster with false bravado, which will be silenced with nothing but a steely gaze from our head coach, followed by this exchange: “Fate (Saban) whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm’. The warrior (Fulmer) whispers back, ‘I am the storm’”. At which point, the stadium will erupt, as the fans await the inevitable thrashing of those crimson scoundrels.

"too noble for such vainglorious pursuits", "leading our loyal lads", "much ballyhooed coach, who led us to the most halcyon of heights", "stand us in good stead my dear fellows", "incredible boon", "Do you perchance recall".

A college professor of mine handed back to the class some papers he had just graded. One of my classmates was shocked to find these words written in red at the bottom of his paper: "You, sir, should not be allowed in public with a writing instrument of any kind.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
"too noble for such vainglorious pursuits", "leading our loyal lads", "much ballyhooed coach, who led us to the most halcyon of heights", "stand us in good stead my dear fellows", "incredible boon", "Do you perchance recall".

A college professor of mine handed back to the class some papers he had just graded. One of my classmates was shocked to find these words written in red at the bottom of his paper: "You, sir, should not be allowed in public with a writing instrument of any kind.
I am attempting to elevate the level of discourse beyond the petty sniping that has beleaguered our ranks lo these past 10 years, my dear fellow. Apologies if I have offended in any way.

Lol, folks like you crack me up. Use thirty words where four would work just fine. Your honor is forever besmirched, sorry to inform you. Show me on post where I glorified myself....
And maybe there will be light. But it’s 50/50 at best that the light is a train. And if it isn’t a train, then I will congratulate you if we’re still around when that day comes. I am pretty sure I got 30-35 years left in me, although you never know. You?
I leave all things in God's hands my old friend ("Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?" [Luke 12:25] ). So I dare not presume to think that I will be alive then, though I hope I will. Perhaps by then, you will have seen the error of your ways, and converted to cheering for a team that is worthy of such devotion--the University of Tennessee??

That change of heart is more likely to occur than seeing your disgraceful dawgs ever hoist a national title trophy aloft!! Have you ever witnessed such an event my dear fellow?? Methinks not, but I could be wrong of course. It looks like this:
Fulmer-Fiesta%20Bowl%20Pic%20Cropped.jpg

Look at the lion of Knoxville-- the titan of CFB!!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
lol, your one funny dude. Omg “The titan of CFB”...more like the great pumpkin. Yep that is the old NC trophy. At first I thought it was the “Fulmer Cup”. A trophy he is more well known for. Talk about disgraceful. But hey why are we arguing? We both want Fulmer back as your HC. I hope on all that is holy that he comes back, he hasn’t scared anyone in CFB in decades. Except maybe some small children who were afraid he might eat them.

lol, your one funny dude. Omg “The titan of CFB”...more like the great pumpkin. Yep that is the old NC trophy. At first I thought it was the “Fulmer Cup”. A trophy he is more well known for. Talk about disgraceful. But hey why are we arguing? We both want Fulmer back as your HC. I hope on all that is holy that he comes back, he hasn’t scared anyone in CFB in decades. Except maybe some small children who were afraid he might eat them.
My dear fellow, perhaps you could opine about your team's most recent performance???? The thrashing suffered at the hands of the downtrodden SC program must surely have humbled you??

Reactions: Big Al Orange
My dear fellow, perhaps you could opine about your team's most recent performance???? The thrashing suffered at the hands of the downtrodden SC program must surely have humbled you??
What is their to say. When you turn the ball over 4 times (we hadn’t had an Int all season), miss two FG (we hadn’t missed a fg all season). And continue to run the ball up the middle when they are stacking the box with 8-9 men (I thought Chaney was back calling our plays). Then you get what you deserve, which we did.
We had no business having a chance to win. But with all of that we still should have won. Defense was great as usual (gave up 10 points, still no rushing TD’s allowed all season).
And I am not sure why you think I would be humbled, find a post where I have been bragging about UGA. You won’t. In fact your the only person who has had an issue with me on here. I didn’t come and don’t come here to troll or belittle y’all on your season, but since you think I should be humbled, I am happy to tell that I haven’t been.
As I said we gave that game to them, only allowed 10 points. It wasn’t like we were getting drug up and down the field all day by Ga.State.:rolleyes: And all of the goals are still there for the taking, hopefully this will light a fire under some guys asses. If not then we won’t have to worry about who wins the west.

What is their to say. When you turn the ball over 4 times (we hadn’t had an Int all season), miss two FG (we hadn’t missed a fg all season). And continue to run the ball up the middle when they are stacking the box with 8-9 men (I thought Chaney was back calling our plays). Then you get what you deserve, which we did.
We had no business having a chance to win. But with all of that we still should have won. Defense was great as usual (gave up 10 points, still no rushing TD’s allowed all season).
And I am not sure why you think I would be humbled, find a post where I have been bragging about UGA. You won’t. In fact your the only person who has had an issue with me on here. I didn’t come and don’t come here to troll or belittle y’all on your season, but since you think I should be humbled, I am happy to tell that I haven’t been.
As I said we gave that game to them, only allowed 10 points. It wasn’t like we were getting drug up and down the field all day by Ga.State.:rolleyes: And all of the goals are still there for the taking, hopefully this will light a fire under some guys asses. If not then we won’t have to worry about who wins the west.
Honestly this is going to feel like an attack on you but it’s not. I felt like the loss to Carolina was as bad as our loss to Ga State. I know Ga State isn’t a great team but Georgia and Carolina should be separated by a good margin as well given the wealth of talent and depth Georgia has. You have most positions filled with five star players. And to be fair I hate y’all but I hate Carolina as well so whatever.

Honestly this is going to feel like an attack on you but it’s not. I felt like the loss to Carolina was as bad as our loss to Ga State. I know Ga State isn’t a great team but Georgia and Carolina should be separated by a good margin as well given the wealth of talent and depth Georgia has. You have most positions filled with five star players. And to be fair I hate y’all but I hate Carolina as well so whatever.
It was a bad loss to be sure. But as bad as Ga.State you can’t be serious. I am not going to go over the list of reasons why (I like to be in bed before midnight).
But a loss is a loss. We gave that game away, and still should Have won. But at the same time you have to give some credit to SC. They got their turnovers and that was just as much them as us. So while you won’t get me to say they are a better team than us. But they won the game, so I tip my cap. On to the next.

Is the installation of the ol’ warhorse, the favorite and first son of Tennessee football, Phil Fulmer, as head coach. His kind is not made for slick veneered board rooms and gland-handing over-proud boosters. His ilk is too noble for such vainglorious pursuits. He needs to be in the muck and mire with his men, leading our loyal lads against the barbarous Bulldogs and terrible Tiders. And if the last decade has taught us anything, it is that we can ask for no better general than our much ballyhooed coach, who led us to the most halcyon of heights.

Think about the instant upgrade in coaching we would receive—he has forgotten more than the likes of Kirby Smart will ever know!! This decided schematic advantage would obviously stand us in good stead my dear fellows. And that is to say nothing of the incredible boon his presence would be on the recruiting trail. Do you perchance recall names like Manning, Wilson, and Haynesworth?? All answered the call when CPF darkened their doorstep.
He is the holder of an NC, multiple SEC crowns, and several East banners. Who on the current, or indeed any, staff has accolades that can match those of the Vol Navy’s admiral?? My friends, the answer is as plain as day for those with the eyes to see.

And can you imagine the raucous scene the next time Alabama visits Neyland, if CPF were at the helm?? Fulmer is the panacea that Saban fears, never doubt it. I expect during the pre-game handshake, in an effort to overcompensate for his anxiety, Saban will bluster with false bravado, which will be silenced with nothing but a steely gaze from our head coach, followed by this exchange: “Fate (Saban) whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm’. The warrior (Fulmer) whispers back, ‘I am the storm’”. At which point, the stadium will erupt, as the fans await the inevitable thrashing of those crimson scoundrels.
If Fulmer installs himself as HC again the program is finally finished.

Reactions: Holly Springs 3

I have to ask. What is "gland handing?"

Doesn't sound sanitary.

I have to ask. What is "gland handing?"

Doesn't sound sanitary.
Glad handing is the same thing as a $100 hand shake in essence. He is sayin the only way for y’all to get back to winning regularly would be to offer more money to the recruits than they already are, (I am fairly certain he was implying that the vol coaches and boosters aren’t paying kids now since the good one‘s are all going elsewhere). Because there isn’t a power 5 team in the country that isn’t paying players. Except maybe a Duke, or Vanderbilt. And they do as well just not near enough.

VN Store

Back