The Solution to Our Problems:

Is the installation of the ol’ warhorse, the favorite and first son of Tennessee football, Phil Fulmer, as head coach. His kind is not made for slick veneered board rooms and gland-handing over-proud boosters. His ilk is too noble for such vainglorious pursuits. He needs to be in the muck and mire with his men, leading our loyal lads against the barbarous Bulldogs and terrible Tiders. And if the last decade has taught us anything, it is that we can ask for no better general than our much ballyhooed coach, who led us to the most halcyon of heights.

Think about the instant upgrade in coaching we would receive—he has forgotten more than the likes of Kirby Smart will ever know!! This decided schematic advantage would obviously stand us in good stead my dear fellows. And that is to say nothing of the incredible boon his presence would be on the recruiting trail. Do you perchance recall names like Manning, Wilson, and Haynesworth?? All answered the call when CPF darkened their doorstep.
He is the holder of an NC, multiple SEC crowns, and several East banners. Who on the current, or indeed any, staff has accolades that can match those of the Vol Navy’s admiral?? My friends, the answer is as plain as day for those with the eyes to see.

And can you imagine the raucous scene the next time Alabama visits Neyland, if CPF were at the helm?? Fulmer is the panacea that Saban fears, never doubt it. I expect during the pre-game handshake, in an effort to overcompensate for his anxiety, Saban will bluster with false bravado, which will be silenced with nothing but a steely gaze from our head coach, followed by this exchange: “Fate (Saban) whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm’. The warrior (Fulmer) whispers back, ‘I am the storm’”. At which point, the stadium will erupt, as the fans await the inevitable thrashing of those crimson scoundrels.

Frankly, if we don’t see improvement and are getting axe murdered every weekend- I say **** it. Let’s do it.

Is the installation of the ol’ warhorse, the favorite and first son of Tennessee football, Phil Fulmer, as head coach. His kind is not made for slick veneered board rooms and gland-handing over-proud boosters. His ilk is too noble for such vainglorious pursuits. He needs to be in the muck and mire with his men, leading our loyal lads against the barbarous Bulldogs and terrible Tiders. And if the last decade has taught us anything, it is that we can ask for no better general than our much ballyhooed coach, who led us to the most halcyon of heights.

Think about the instant upgrade in coaching we would receive—he has forgotten more than the likes of Kirby Smart will ever know!! This decided schematic advantage would obviously stand us in good stead my dear fellows. And that is to say nothing of the incredible boon his presence would be on the recruiting trail. Do you perchance recall names like Manning, Wilson, and Haynesworth?? All answered the call when CPF darkened their doorstep.
He is the holder of an NC, multiple SEC crowns, and several East banners. Who on the current, or indeed any, staff has accolades that can match those of the Vol Navy’s admiral?? My friends, the answer is as plain as day for those with the eyes to see.

And can you imagine the raucous scene the next time Alabama visits Neyland, if CPF were at the helm?? Fulmer is the panacea that Saban fears, never doubt it. I expect during the pre-game handshake, in an effort to overcompensate for his anxiety, Saban will bluster with false bravado, which will be silenced with nothing but a steely gaze from our head coach, followed by this exchange: “Fate (Saban) whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm’. The warrior (Fulmer) whispers back, ‘I am the storm’”. At which point, the stadium will erupt, as the fans await the inevitable thrashing of those crimson scoundrels.
E65F55E3-4F2B-4243-B463-C3E3A818A6BA.gif

Minor problem with your proposal, OP: the coach you tell us will strike fear in Ol' Saban lost to him by 24 and 20 points, respectively, the last two times they played one another. Other than that, perfectly good bourbon-inspired nonsense you have composed.

Lol, Fulmer is the solution to all the problems. Man some people have lost their minds. Much in the same way that everyone forgot what Chaney’s first go round in Knoxville was like (he was let go for good reason). But he was along for the ride at UGA, where the stacked roster of 4-5 star studs would make anyone look good calling plays somehow whitewashed everyone’s mind. Now you want Fulmer back? Does anyone remember how it ended last time? But I guess he has caught up with the times now. Lol, I said when he wedged his fat ass in as AD that his ultimate goal was to regain his “rightful”spot. Prolly why he torpedoed several coaches who were interested in the job for The rising star that is Jeremy Pruitt. He knew that he would stand a better chance of getting to ride in and be the savior.
Lol, sure let him take the reigns again, the rest of the SEC agrees, Tennessee and Fulmer deserve each other.

Blue font?

Sure thing, Phil.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Friends, Tennesseans, country(wo)men, lend me your ears:

First, I apologize for my spelling misstep. In my zeal to proffer what I purport is a certain fix to our football woes, I was overly hasty and did not re-read my message as thoroughly as I would have liked. Mea culpa.

If we, as a community, can overlook this error, I think you will note that no one offered a compelling case as to why CPF should not be the coach of this beloved program. A compatriot suggested Lincoln Riley, a truly comical candidate. What has Riley ever done to be mentioned in the same breath as the venerable CPF?? Though to be fair, there are few that inhabit this mortal coil who can compare with his myriad accomplishments. And does anyone believe Riley knows what it takes to win at Tennessee?!?! Has he lived amongst the fanbase and loved them, as CPF has?? Has he bled in the mud for the glory of the vaunted Volunteer navy, as CPF has?? The answer to these questions is, of course, a resounding "NO!!" my friends.

From beyond the depths of our despair, when all seemed lost, CPF has returned, like a phoenix, rising from the ashes. It is my firm belief that he preserved himself from the plethora of NFL and CFB head coaching opportunities offered to him, because, in his heart of hearts, he knew that Tennessee would need him once again, a veritable Volunteer "spider-sense" if you will. And now, here we are, in our bleakest hour.

The night is truly darkest before the dawn. But there will be light my friends..... there will be light. And that light's name is Phillip Fulmer.

Reactions: Firebirdparts
The solution to our problems is apathy, or alcohol, or medication,....... Or all the above.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
The OP is really funny if you read it with Authentic Frontier Gibberish!

MindlessGloriousGrouse-size_restricted.gif

("I think he said, 'The sheriff is near!' ").

Lol, Fulmer is the solution to all the problems. Man some people have lost their minds. Much in the same way that everyone forgot what Chaney’s first go round in Knoxville was like (he was let go for good reason). But he was along for the ride at UGA, where the stacked roster of 4-5 star studs would make anyone look good calling plays somehow whitewashed everyone’s mind. Now you want Fulmer back? Does anyone remember how it ended last time? But I guess he has caught up with the times now. Lol, I said when he wedged his fat ass in as AD that his ultimate goal was to regain his “rightful”spot. Prolly why he torpedoed several coaches who were interested in the job for The rising star that is Jeremy Pruitt. He knew that he would stand a better chance of getting to ride in and be the savior.
Lol, sure let him take the reigns again, the rest of the SEC agrees, Tennessee and Fulmer deserve each other.

My dear fellows, after much reflection and deep contemplation, my greatest source of concern is NOT the on-field product, as I believe there is an immediate elixir available to us in the form of that most puissant of gridiron warriors--CPF--but the rancour and discord so lamentably evident amongst the Vol brethren. We can be better, and we must do better.

And surely now it is obvious we must unite behind the giant orange power T standard, and elevate the once and future general of Vol football back to the lofty perch from which he was so shambolically cast down?? Join this grassroots movement, as our whisper becomes a roar that will shake our rivals very resolve!!
"TENNESSEE, FULMER, TENNESSEE, FULMER" And then let our foes beware!!

Triumph beckons my friends, do not be laggardly in answering her summons.

That's what makes it funny to me. Idk, I find absurd posts and comments on volnation hilarious.
M'lady, based upon Saturday's result, do you still consider the transition to CPF so outlandish?? We need a strong hand to steady the USS Power T, and there is none steadier than the much lauded CPF!!

Is the installation of the ol’ warhorse, the favorite and first son of Tennessee football, Phil Fulmer, as head coach.
What in the name of all that is sane are you talking about? Do you not recall the lazy azz years of Phil? Would not recruit. Had sloppy practices, such that he closed them to the writers/press. It was embarrassing to watch his interviews. He knew the end was near and tried to hang on as long as he could. Yeah... bring him back, cause that really makes sense... but to whom?

Reactions: Holly Springs 3

As a big fan of RP and as moving as the narrative is, I just don’t think it’ll happen. For good or ill, the Battle Captains time has passed. It’s time for someone else’s epic to be written.

My dear fellows, after much reflection and deep contemplation, my greatest source of concern is NOT the on-field product, as I believe there is an immediate elixir available to us in the form of that most puissant of gridiron warriors--CPF--but the rancour and discord so lamentably evident amongst the Vol brethren. We can be better, and we must do better.

And surely now it is obvious we must unite behind the giant orange power T standard, and elevate the once and future general of Vol football back to the lofty perch from which he was so shambolically cast down?? Join this grassroots movement, as our whisper becomes a roar that will shake our rivals very resolve!!
"TENNESSEE, FULMER, TENNESSEE, FULMER" And then let our foes beware!!

Triumph beckons my friends, do not be laggardly in answering her summons.
Lol, what do I care? Hell yes bring back Phil. It won’t set you back but maybe another 8-10 years. So by all means. I change my opinion, and now want Fulmer back at Tennessee.
Oh ****, your last line was scary. I bet your foes are on notice now and making strategic plans for when the inevitable happens. 👍

VN Store

Back