The SEC is trying to form a super-conference with the ACC and Big12

It's deja vu all over again.

The virus starts up North and West, and people down South are like "No big whoop! We'll be fine!".
Now look where people are dying in droves.

Then football was cancelled up North and West, and people down South are like "No big whoop. We'll be fine!"
Guess where people will be dying in droves this Fall.

There's no fixing stupid.

Please anoint that fool Clay Travis (Betting Handicapper / Epidemiologist) as your "CV19 Hoax King" for life, sit back, and watch it all burn down.
Droves? It's all basic math and so far no one seems to have much more than a 1st grade education.

Twitter is blowing up opposing the Big Ten shutdown. Iowa and Nebraska are loudly complaining and want to play football. Ohio State players want to join the SEC. Michigan's radical guvner has shut Michigan and Michigan State football down. You can rely on guvners in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania to follow suit. It may be too late now but finally there are some people PUSHING BACK AT THIS NONSENSE. It will all be over after the election.

0C802653-639E-40E9-88C4-072C26607AF9.jpeg
I do not think the individual thinks the NFL plays 12 games, but divisional games and then each division plays 1-2 other divisions.
Division champs in playoffs with a couple wildcards thrown in.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNHopeful505
Oh, sure, Clay. A bunch of 19 and 20 year olds are gonna stand up to the UT Chancellor and tell him "No, we are concerned about our heath and spreading the virus."

Dipsh*t.
Well the Chancellor is a Woman. Not to mention you don't speak for these kids so stop trying to instill your fear in them

Oh, sure, Clay. A bunch of 19 and 20 year olds are gonna stand up to the UT Chancellor and tell him "No, we are concerned about our heath and spreading the virus."

Dipsh*t.

Tennessee chancellor Donde Plowman is a female, but I wouldn't expect you to have an informed take on anything.

Why? I thought the goal was to play a conference only schedule? What does it matter what the other conferences are doing if you play a conference only schedule? I thought that was the entire point of it

Precisely.

SEC dropped its non-conference opponents to ensure the SEC could have control over its own destiny.

Now?

Pretty obvious that the SEC heads are ducking for cover. The legal liabilities here are significant.

Reactions: TrueOrange
Is he going to unilaterally rework Nebraska's media deals? Or will the Cornhuskers be playing with neither fans in the stands or on television?
Every available game is going to be ratings bonanza...line forms to the left.

Perhaps the SEC smells blood in the water. The Big12 and ACC likely would be heavily damaged and not survive as conferences if the season was cancelled. This is a hostile takeover by the SEC.
That seems crazy to me. The rest of big time college sports would never allow that to happen. If sec, big 10, acc, big 12, pac 12, and N.D. Agree to continue without NCAA support that would create a super organization. dont know if that’s good or not

That seems crazy to me. The rest of big time college sports would never allow that to happen. If sec, big 10, acc, big 12, pac 12, and N.D. Agree to continue without NCAA support that would create a super organization. dont know if that’s good or not

The conferences have been working to free themselves from the NCAA for years now. and with the lack of leadership coming from the NCAA over the pandemic, this is the opportune time to strike.

We've been heading towards this for a while now. This is just the opportunity they have been waiting for

I like UT's odds here.

EfBdRo8XkAIz51K

Saban would never allow it

Yes PLEASE let Ohio state play in the SEC. Give them Bama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, and then see how they feel. Then they can play us, Auburn and A&M. Guarantee they wont be undefeated.

Just cancel the season geez it’s not hard and come back in September 2021 when we have a vaccine and this virus under better control.
A big problem with that is that this virus isn't going anywhere, and the overwhelming majority of folks polled stated they would not take the vaccine. IMO, this virus will have a huge presence for several years until the masses trust and accept a vaccine. Spring or next Fall most likely will still see massive positive cases. Of course, I also believe that the "shut down the world mentality" will change in early November.

If you push back schedule to the Spring, the really good NFL draft picks may opt out because it is so close to draft day. Also Spring is the height of the flu season.

The only positive would be potential vaccine availability.

Reactions: SpookyAction
And we haven’t had a win of great significance since 2001 against anybody and haven’t won a SEC title since Bill was getting a BJ from Monica. Facts are facts unfortunately we haven’t been revelant or a power player in a long long time in college football.
Ok soooo your saying just because we haven't had a big win since 2001 "which is bull hockey"..Beating Miami in the orange bowl in 2003 wasn't signifigant?.... We will NEVER beat another good opponent again?..Or win another championship?...Let me ask you this, Why in gods name do you even watch football with that kind of attitude?...It sucks..Just because we haven't been good lately doesn't mean we won't be good later....Jesus get a clue.

Last edited:
And we haven’t had a win of great significance since 2001 against anybody and haven’t won a SEC title since Bill was getting a BJ from Monica. Facts are facts unfortunately we haven’t been revelant or a power player in a long long time in college football.
Why you keep saying “we”?

Reactions: DustyRockSolid

VN Store

Back