The Official Tennessee vs. Purdue Music City Bowl Game Thread, 3:00 PM ET, ESPN

I mean it honestly could go both ways but what drives me nuts is, how many times have you seen a play where the ball carrier is laying on a defender, no body part down and makes the crazy big play or TD. No one blows a whistle, no one rules forward progress stopped. They watch the play unfold into some awesome spectacle of a play. Why can’t that happen to us? Why do we always get bitten by the early whistle or the insane, once in a lifetime call.
GBO!!
Great question for the league office Monday morning.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Sure, sort of like the Football Gods will do a reasonable solution to the fake injury thing.
Don't put any money on solutions unless Nick tells them to

Not going to lie; that one's upsetting but hard to find the perfect answer to.

I want them to stop doing that, but I also don't want for one of our players to get injured against another team running an always no huddle offense and be able to get off the field.

Nor do I want to have to regularly deal with a situation of another team notices that one of our players went down during the play or near its end and for them to immediately call a no huddle play to either force a penalty or get a defender ejected.

Vegas making money on our fanbase

Ok, but what you would be saying here (based on the discussion for the comment you responded to) would be that the NCAA has officials call games against Tennessee because Las Vegas tells the NCAA to so that Vegas can make more money?

We overperformed this year. I honestly look for us to take small step back next year trying to deal with success. Hooker is human and I hope he doesn’t play like this next year. I thought Milton was playing QB. Year 3, I think we take a step to 8 wins.
Up-tempo will never succeed in a full game because it wears down our own offensive line. For that reason we may take a step back but we could improve immensley on defense. This is my hope but a couple of teams in the east are gonna be more competitive. I don't understand why UT was beaten 16-0 in the 2nd qtr. tonight. Find that answer out and i may be optimistic but if linked to up-tempo, I doubt it. Back to being a rug

Honestly the last few plays of the regular time , we had 3 timeouts with enough time and opportunity to give our kicker a better chance than 56 yds . That’s just my opinion . Yeah dbs didn’t play well, DLine was well, our DLine we have seen for years, got some studs coming in to fix that . But the last seconds of the game was on the coaches. Also, I loved the effort and grit at the end but for us to go down 2 drives there and score easily and to not come up with a win there was disappointing. However , can see the kids playing hard and trying . Like I said got some dudes coming in to help in areas we need help the most . Looking forward to ‘22. GBO!

Missed this game cause of work but recorded it.

Kinda glad I did that was nervewracking and disappointing.

Really worried what Purdue would have done if they had their full range of players.

Still, that last call was BS. But UT also shouldn’t have got themselves in that situation.

Our win streak over the Big Ten is over.

Yeah kick the FG. I said early in the season and I’ll continue to say it. There’s no I in team ! You put the trust in TEAM ! This is why we got blown out in games and this will be why we don’t win close games more than not. Trust the kicker/punter and or your defense. Okay let’s say we kick the FG. Now you put the trust in your kicker. Next your defense goes out there and put it all on the line. There not guaranteed nothing and possibly a turnover you don’t know. But this is a TEAM effort. This way of playing isn’t TEAM effort it’s the I !!! Mark my word you don’t win championships with this mentality. These are just flashy fun statistical numbers and games. It want win you 10 11 12 or championships.
Your points are valid. Honestly I think if it weren't a meaningless bowl game it would have been called differently

Forward Progress
ARTICLE 2. Forward progress is a term indicating the end of advancement
by the ball carrier or airborne pass receiver of either team and applies to the position of the ball when it became dead by rule (Rules 4-1-3-a, b and p;
Rules 4-2-1 and 4; and Rule 5-1-3-a Exception) (A.R. 5-1-3-I-VI and A.R.
8-2-1-I-IV) (Exception: Rule 8-5-1-a, A.R. 8-5-1-I).

Rule 4
Ball Declared Dead
ARTICLE 3. A live ball becomes dead and an official shall sound his whistle or declare it dead:
a. When it goes out of bounds other than a kick that scores a field goal after
touching the uprights or crossbar, when a ball carrier is out of bounds,
or when a ball carrier is so held that his forward progress is stopped.

By evidence of no whistle by any official, seems the players progress continued forward until the ball broke the plane of the goal line at which time there was a whistle stopping play.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Honestly the last few plays of the regular time , we had 3 timeouts with enough time and opportunity to give our kicker a better chance than 56 yds . That’s just my opinion . Yeah dbs didn’t play well, DLine was well, our DLine we have seen for years, got some studs coming in to fix that . But the last seconds of the game was on the coaches. Also, I loved the effort and grit at the end but for us to go down 2 drives there and score easily and to not come up with a win there was disappointing. However , can see the kids playing hard and trying . Like I said got some dudes coming in to help in areas we need help the most . Looking forward to ‘22. GBO!
Exactly, game should have been won in regulation

Reactions: ChrisVFL
My only guess is the ref off camera to the right was waving it dead and didn't have the whistle in his mouth to blow it dead

Dont you think he stepped in too quick with out any reason to stop or did he make the call on the field knowing replay would overturn it if he made the wrong call...

Reactions: Vol 67
Explain the no TD ruling, logically, without bias or passion. Please, make it make sense. The floor is yours **** face.
I don't need to explain the ruling in not a ref. I want you to explain to me why a coach would hand the ball to a player that does not break takles instead of giving your team multiple opportunities to win. Instead of all our nothing

Dont you think he stepped in to quick with out any reason to stop or did he make the call on the field knowing replay would overturn it if he made the wrong call...
No clue man..... I was just saying what I think is what happened out of frame as far as a ref saying the play was dead
They probably should've talked it over more but you know refs don't like to correct themselves...

If his forward progress was ruled stopped, why was it reviewed? Forward progress is not reviewable.
Yet another fine question for the shepherds of our fine conference. I think we’re up to 7 very difficult questions that demand answers.

I have a strong idea that could level the whole playing field in a season:

Go to the flea markets and shady wholesalers and buy only unlicensed products. This is our Boston Harbor. We might also not have to struggle with the fact that a 2nd team qb with charisma signs a life changing money deal before he ever takes a snap…for a tax payer funded state school! Wake up. Pull your head out. Get wise. Or get sheared.

VN Store

Back