The Official Tennessee vs. Purdue Music City Bowl Game Thread, 3:00 PM ET, ESPN

You mean the strategy that lead to the most points in team history and a top ten offense?

Yeah that sounds terrible!
Still centered on a gimmick. Nothing wrong with being the fastest play caller in the country but be willing to adapt and change when needed. Boxing would be a good analogy here. Ali did not win his fights by throwing jab after jab (I am old enough to remember watching many of his fights) he used his skills to take what the other guy gave him. That is all I am saying.

There are numerous individuals in this thread who should consider working their way either through the coaching ranks to D1/FBS level or working through graduate school and earning a PsyD in sports psychology. The wealth of knowledge contained in your posts would surely revitalize any program.
Earning those degrees doesn’t automatically mean you have a monopoly on the obvious and make decisions based on common sense.

Reactions: SAPPER 5 and OG.V83
What kind of ref, besides a corrupt one, doesn't wait until a knee, elbow, whatever goes down, especially in that situation.

Then they call PI on us a hundred times and don't call the hold on Tillman at the end if regulation.

Line judge marked it a yard extra for Purdue pretty much all game.

Something was afoot on this game.
The only thing afoot was the one we lacked at the end. Yes we learned that it’s not only the SEC refs that suck.

No.

“Rules” only apply to those who aren’t wearing crimson red.

It’s corrupt garbage by the NCAA. They’re not even trying to hide it anymore.

Ok. But - and I ask because I want to understand this argument better - what exactly is gained then for them by us losing or them being specifically against us?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
How quickly fans go from being all in and all vol to a tough loss blaming the coach,asking him to be fired blah blah blah. Y’all need to be ashamed of yourselves. Have a nice offseason!
Take it easy man. Nobody is calling for him to be fired. He made some of the most brain dead coaching decisions of the season tonight though. I mean Bush League, shouldn't be coaching JV ball type coaching decisions. F*** that was bad.....

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
You mean when we are faulted for over 100 yards in penalties, they credit for a TD they dropped, miss a blatant pass interference at the end of the game, and then our RB who never stopped moving forward was considered down by forward progress?

Yeah….the refs are innocent here
Maybe you missed all the obvious PI penalties? Let's move on to next year.

Reactions: volnomnom
Still centered on a gimmick. Nothing wrong with being the fastest play caller in the country but be willing to adapt and change when needed. Boxing would be a good analogy here. Ali did not win his fights by throwing jab after jab (I am old enough to remember watching many of his fights) he used his skills to take what the other guy gave him. That is all I am saying.

If you think scoring points is a gimmick, then I have no value for your opinion

Dont be stupid, nobody is calling for JH to be fired. Doesnt mean we didnt see some bad play calling and bad execution tonight. Granted, the reason we have come to expect better is because JH and this scrappy team have given us hope - and yes, the refs were utterly corrupt and stole the game - but tonight, JH, HH and the rest of the team did not give us their best the whole game.

I am still proud of what they did this year.
Bravo and well said. Stings tonight for sure.

We do ourselves a disservice when we pretend a coach is infallible and don’t call out when they are wrong or not performing up to expectations. Doesn’t mean anyone is seriously calling for a firing - that’s ridiculous.

Side judge, unfortunately. Apparently his signal’s the determinant by rule for when forward progress is stopped, not the time it takes for his signal to turn into a following whistle blow by him or the other refs.

That said, it still sucks for a game to end that way and a unfortunate end; don’t get me wrong on that. Maybe it’s something that can be looked into.

Sure, sort of like the Football Gods will do a reasonable solution to the fake injury thing.
Don't put any money on solutions unless Nick tells them to

Some of y’all are disgusting. And just shows just how much you will settle for and how unrealistic your expectations are. We finally have a coach with some balls. He went for it on two 4th downs in overtime because that’s what he thinks of the “Music City Bowl” Championship. I love the dude. And it’s gonna be a great offseason and can finally look forward to an upcoming College Football Season.

It pains me to say it, because I am a die hard fan myself and consider us a big family, but Tennessee has some of the worst fans in all of college football. It’s not the majority of them by any means, but there are a lot of them.

VN Store

Back