The Official Tennessee vs. Purdue Music City Bowl Game Thread, 3:00 PM ET, ESPN

Not if your defense can’t get a stop
From the 1 yard line? And a TD still beats us? Hell no.

No, the play where Hooker got very lucky scampering down the sideline for 7 yards and a 1st down. Should have been kicking a field goal there. Forces Purdue to have to score a touchdown. So worst case we go into another overtime. Our defense being tired isn't an excuse. Everybody out there was tired.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Some of y’all are disgusting. And just shows just how much you will settle for and how unrealistic your expectations are. We finally have a coach with some balls. He went for it on two 4th downs in overtime because that’s what he thinks of the “Music City Bowl” Championship. I love the dude. And it’s gonna be a great offseason and can finally look forward to an upcoming College Football Season.
Should of kicked the FG in overtime. We may not have won but it certainly would have improved our chances.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
No, the play where Hooker got very lucky scampering down the sideline for 7 yards and a 1st down. Should have been kicking a field goal there. Forces Purdue to have to score a touchdown. So worst case we go into another overtime. Our defense being tired isn't an excuse. Everybody out there was tired.

Did you have confidence in our defense to get a stop? That’s the obvious issue and why he went for it

And the review booth got the rule wrong, and the announcers did not challenge them on it.

The whistle is the be all end all, else fumble recoveries in many situations wouldn't be reviewable, and any official could arbitrarily decide a play is over at any time whistle or not.
Exactly!

What the ref did was inaccurately rule him DOWN by contact and he did not blow his whistle to stop the play so the players continued to play through the whistle, rendering what that ref thought irrelevant!

Thank you! I hate we lost but that isht at the goal line was actual and ********. Great, gutsy, back yard football play calling and despite the outcome, it actually paid off. This wasn’t Pig Howard’s fumble, Jaylen Wright made the yard to gain with an extra little juice from his ballsy head coach who said, “**** it! Get the damn thing in there!” I love it. GBO! GCJH!
Hooray for you........and Happy New Year. UT isn't in good shape. Ballsey may have cost us the game but you be you. As for me CJH's 4th down decisions whereever they occur on the field aren't intelligent. In time you'll know.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
Explain, using the rules, how forward progress was stopped when he was never down nor did his upper body stop moving toward the goal line.
I mean it honestly could go both ways but what drives me nuts is, how many times have you seen a play where the ball carrier is laying on a defender, no body part down and makes the crazy big play or TD. No one blows a whistle, no one rules forward progress stopped. They watch the play unfold into some awesome spectacle of a play. Why can’t that happen to us? Why do we always get bitten by the early whistle or the insane, once in a lifetime call.
GBO!!

We scored so I really can’t blame the play calling. But did you really think our d would get a stop
Most of Purdue's touchdowns came on long ridiculous bonehead plays, so I think we should have kicked it.

We also should have run it again up the middle when Wright took it to the 3

Made no sense to pass there when we had been gashing them up the gut

And then we use our scat back...

And the refs decide that we aren't allowed a TD

You're saying we should have kicked the FG when we converted on 4th down? Is that like the opposite of hindsight?? I don't trust kickers at this level. In the NFL, sure give them respect.

No reason to hate Purdue…it’s the ACC officiating crew ahd in particular the guy making the terrible call!
Purdue pulled out the faking hurt players all game after the first quarter! Then the fans booed our players who actually were hurt. So I have no problem with his statement.! Don’t forget the no call on Tillman being held.! Game over if he’s able to run under that ball. Db. Holding him impeded his timing.

VN Store

Back