The Official Tennessee vs. Purdue Music City Bowl Game Thread, 3:00 PM ET, ESPN

How can I answer your question? It is a question based on opinion and guess work. I have an ideal of coaches I feel could have reached the same record but nothing that can be proven so why engage? Your keyboard cowboy response was stfu was for what - expressing a fact? So if you tell me to stfu for facts, I can only imagine your response to option and (un)educated guesses.
Lol yep uneducated stupid and absolutely no thought to the disgrace that has become College Football and it's Officials. Yes there are good coaches out there. Yes ours made mistakes surely, they all do every game. There is a fact for you. And again I do not know if we would have won the game at the end but we were sure as hell robbed of a chance to know.... I will leave it at UTC

We overperformed this year. I honestly look for us to take small step back next year trying to deal with success. Hooker is human and I hope he doesn’t play like this next year. I thought Milton was playing QB. Year 3, I think we take a step to 8 wins.

I don't view him as a high calibre CFB coach in power 5. He doesn't understand 4th down situations at all. Could have easily kicked a FG in OT and played a 2nd OT. Way too emotional and up-tempo is seemingly built into his thought process. I don't see the advantage of the hurry-up when there are several ways it can be negative to your own team. Why didn't he take the FG? Then depend on the defense especially when he should have saw Purdue running in fresh troops at the goal line. In his 1st year he strikes me as a good offensive coordinator and a sub-par game manager. No explanation exist as to why he didn't take points other than lack of knowledge. Doesn't deserve HC pay in SEC period. And if Kiffin actually offered Golesh I wish he would have left but this is a bad taste in my mouth at the moment.

WHY DIDN'T THE TEAM PLAY WELL ??
He also passed up a FG early in the game that would have won it in regulation.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Vegas baby
Exactlu and that's all it is. Line changed 1.5 pts in last hours.ACC Refs on the take just like Pittsburg game. Games are decided before kick-off these days. But you believe what you wanna believe. Santa Claus is coming to town and my Grinch-azz gonna rob him like UT'S BEEN ROBBED.

Soon as I learned early ACC officials were involved expect a mess starting with the inability to spot the ball. It's a disgrace to the point I'm gonna quit watching. And as I expect Alabama gets no-calls when they hold every play the game is simply rigged and who has interst in that?

Reactions: FlVols and 1985Vols
We overperformed this year. I honestly look for us to take small step back next year trying to deal with success. Hooker is human and I hope he doesn’t play like this next year. I thought Milton was playing QB. Year 3, I think we take a step to 8 wins.
Luckily this game has little impact on 2022 I honestly believe. He's pointing to the entire year and the players (both current and recruits) know they got royally screwed today.

Nope. The call was accurate. Learn the rules.
You play to the whistle. The call was wrong.
Whistle doesn't matter when forward progress has determined to have been stopped. They explained it on the broadcast.

He was stopped short, they weren't letting him move forward, he had to reach his hand out to score but at that point he had already been stopped and the ref saw and called it. That's the rule. It was the right call whether we like it or not.
You obviously dont bleed orange.

666 - 128 3 ints - held Purdue to 4 FGS and we scored more points since the ball crossed the goal in OT
An enjoyable game to watch for year one coach who played more players than any coach in history while dealing with a massive transfer portal drain. Sorry you guys didn't like it.

Wow - I was disappointed when we lost but felt pretty good about the performance against a Purdue team that beat #2 Iowa and #3 MSU for a 8-4 season ranked 30th in the AP. Our Vols were short handed as usual and they played one heck of an offensive game with 288 passing yards and 5 TDs with no ints. along with 378 rushing yards. Our D scored 3 ints and held Purdue to 4 field goals in red zone trips .
All in all an exciting high scoring football game for the team that played more different players and loaded up the transfer portal on a new coaching staff.
They never quit - even when Purdue `scored with under 3 min left the offense loaded up and scored again with 1:37 to go to tie it up.
Then our Vols score a TD in OT - except the one ref decided it was a dead ball score.
The game was terrific except our given score. Enjoyable exciting and a credit to this year one Hoopill's team with 666 yards minus 128 on 15 whistles to 61 on 5 for the Boils.
But reading this thread people had a dismal time watching a festival of ineptitude badly coached and called - what a bummer
I was pretty proud to be a Vol fan today then I read Vol Nation
I would like to congratulate the Vols on a great effort that showed promise for the future when we have fewer transfers and more players. This Music City bowl performance is something to build on that should have ended in our favor since we scored more points.
Sorry you guys didn't enjoy it as much as I did.

For those complaining about horrible clock management with this offense clock management will always be an issue

Unfortunately, I don't think you are correct on "The whistle is the be all end all"
I'm sure you watched the Ole Miss game where we stripped the qb of the ball. A quick forward progress call cost us a chance to get the ball on that play.

Hopefully, I will live long enough to see us get some breaks and that SOB Sankey to get his rear end fired and bama to... (you threaders can finish this to your desire)
…herpes of the eyes and antibiotic resistance.

Exactlu and that's all it is. Line changed 1.5 pts in last hours.ACC Refs on the take just like Pittsburg game. Games are decided before kick-off these days. But you believe what you wanna believe. Santa Claus is coming to town and my Grinch-azz gonna rob him like UT'S BEEN ROBBED.

Soon as I learned early ACC officials were involved expect a mess starting with the inability to spot the ball. It's a disgrace to the point I'm gonna quit watching. And as I expect Alabama gets no-calls when they hold every play the game is simply rigged and who has interst in that?

Anyone who doesn't think games are rigged with EVERYONE betting these days; is very Naive. Millions are laid down every week. (Like 100 Million).

Reactions: 99grad and OG.V83

VN Store

Back