The Official Tennessee vs. #13 Ole Miss Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, SEC Network

My how things change in a month. I'll admit I was wrong. Picked 4-8 possibly 5-7. 6-6 is guaranteed now possibly 7-5 if we can pull this game out. I'm so glad I was wrong. Didn't expect the Defense to be this much improved. Really they've improved across the board. Heupel's doing a great job of changing the culture and getting the players to buy in. Seems like for the first time in 20 years the administration is all on the same page and pulling in the same direction. One of the biggest questions I had about Heupel was recruiting. We may have to wait to determine that because of the NCAA but the teams improvement isn't going unnoticed by recruits. If the defense can get a few stops maybe a turnover or two , Tennessee's got a great shot of winning this game. Go Vols!

Oh no, you don't, CJ. You don't get to reinvent what you were saying after the fact, heh. There was no 'possibly 5-7' in your early-season posts. You said 4-8 was our ceiling, more than once.

You said, and I quote (even though you deleted the post on the 2nd of October):

CJBlaze said:
Dude you're so delusional along with the local media it's obvious. Keep believing and keep getting disappointed. Wow can't believe people can't see this team is a 4-8 team. Of course the media is gonna keep selling hope. It drives tickets and internet hits.
and
I want to know what kind of players we're gonna recruit when we go 4-8? I hear a lot of if's and but's. Well you know the rest.
and
Yepper we will lose this game. Might as well get prepared. Delusional people kill me. LMAO
[that was right before the Mizzou game]

I could go on and on. You were pretty damn sure of yourself in your negativity in the first third of the season.

But you admit you were wrong, so...all is forgiven, heh.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Man I’m so pumped for tonight’s game. This is the most Volnation has been into a game in a very very long time.

I don’t know if we will win but no one expected us to be where we are right now thinking we had a chance in this game. If we were able to be a ranked team and Kiffin, it’ll feel like TN football is coming back and we will be ranks with national exposure not to mention help with recruiting

We need this win bad but if we can just keep it close that should also seem like a win

Oh no, you don't, CJ. You don't get to reinvent what you were saying after the fact, heh. There was no 'possibly 5-7' in your early-season posts. You said 4-8 was our ceiling, more than once.

You said, and I quote (even though you deleted the post on the 2nd of October):

and

and

[that was right before the Mizzou game]

I could go on and on. You were pretty damn sure of yourself in your negativity in the first third of the season.

But you admit you were wrong, so...all is forgiven, heh.

Go Vols!
Keepin' receipts. 😂

Good Morning Volunteers!! I am so looking forward for tonight and all I can say on this one is both teams have shown they can score so I'm guessing it will come down to whichever team makes the fewest mistakes will come out the Victor...... Come on Tennessee let's hold mistakes back and drive it down their throat!!

Go Big Orange

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
The media will be upset…but act like they expected it all along and called it to their friends before the season.
And chalk it down to TN just beating a bad Ole Miss team lol. Ridiculous. It pains them to give the Vols any credit.

Ok, Defense, you have played fantastic. Way way better than hoped for. And we are proud of you guys. But we got a big ask for today. High flyin' Matt "the OK" Corral comin' to town today to try to run it up on you. But guys, just pick your spots, get a few stops and steal a couple of turnovers and Hendo Cinco and his boys will put up enough points to get us this one. Let F Gooooo! Go Vols!!

I ordered an orange (my section color) pull over jacket on the 12th. Paid for two day expedited delivery, should have been here yesterday. Now, by end of business today. I hope it comes in before I leave or I'm in trouble. I have plenty of warm white, not orange. Ugh.......

VN Store

Back