The Official Tennessee vs. #13 Ole Miss Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, SEC Network

I remember someone hit with a bottle and suffered life changing injury at Neyland. Happens at most sporting events. Especially if alcohol is present. Not a good thing. Denial is pretty dumb.
I'm not denying this ugly event. But I am standing up against using a broad brush to color our fanbase in general. You introduce alcohol to make money and such things as this are a risk. I had nothing to do with that decision......it is easy to look at this in a simplistic manner. It is much more complicated than that. It was awful that it happened. And steps need to happen to reduce the chance of it happening again. But it was not me, nor was it representative of this fanbase.

I'm not denying this ugly event. But I am standing up against using a broad brush to color our fanbase in general. You introduce alcohol to make money and such things as this are a risk. I had nothing to do with that decision......it is easy to look at this in a simplistic manner. It is much more complicated than that. It was awful that it happened. And steps need to happen to reduce the chance of it happening again. But it was not me, nor was it representative of this fanbase.
I’m not broadbrushing either but, I’ve watched a lot of video from last night and seen photos and the projectiles came from all over Neyland and a lot of them. Understand there were over 1,000 arrests and that is before a deep dive into videos. Also understand a lot of Tennessee fans were injured. I hate it for the good fans and supporters of the University. I bleed orange. This was a tragedy for anyone who wants good things for Tennessee. I hope the positives block out the negatives but, bowl picks, recruiting, donations, sanctions and many things were probably negatively impacted by the criminal behavior of thousands of Tennessee fans in the stadium last night. Thankful no one got killed.

VN Store

Back