The Official Tennessee vs. #13 Ole Miss Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, SEC Network

that would be the obvious answer and I would agree but one could also argue UGA last season . It’s easy to forget after the ensuing years worth of shat show but The Vols were riding an 8 game win streak, sitting at 2-0 and ranked #14 before the wheels fell off .

I think I have erased most of the 2020 season from my memory bank…

But you’re right it might be a more apt comparison. Riding high following wins over USCjr and Mizzou.

I wouldn’t call Mississippi’s D “opportunistic”…….they simply haven’t made many turnovers on offense.

Their D is tied for 25th along with 18 other teams in fumble recoveries.

Their D is tied for 88th along with like 19 other teams in interceptions.

Mississippi certainly ain’t no juggernaut “opportunistic” turnover machine…….that’s for sure.

Not saying that doesn’t change…….but right now…….they AINT.

I wouldn’t call Mississippi’s D “opportunistic”…….they simply haven’t made many turnovers on offense.

Their D is tied for 25th along with 18 other teams in fumble recoveries.

Their D is tied for 88th along with like 19 other teams in interceptions.

Mississippi certainly ain’t no juggernaut “opportunistic” turnover machine…….that’s for sure.

Not saying that doesn’t change…….but right now…….they AINT.

South Carolina was a turnover machine and we saw how that ended.

Reactions: JoAllan
Trevor has the Rebel on upset alert and he gave a strong explanation because the Volunteers offense has been a terrific scoring offense equal to what the great 2016 Volunteers had.
Also the whole home field advantage vs the Rebels.

My how things change in a month. I'll admit I was wrong. Picked 4-8 possibly 5-7. 6-6 is guaranteed now possibly 7-5 if we can pull this game out. I'm so glad I was wrong. Didn't expect the Defense to be this much improved. Really they've improved across the board. Heupel's doing a great job of changing the culture and getting the players to buy in. Seems like for the first time in 20 years the administration is all on the same page and pulling in the same direction. One of the biggest questions I had about Heupel was recruiting. We may have to wait to determine that because of the NCAA but the teams improvement isn't going unnoticed by recruits. If the defense can get a few stops maybe a turnover or two , Tennessee's got a great shot of winning this game. Go Vols!

VN Store

Back