The Official Cincinnati Bengals Thread

I bet Bengals hope they face anyone in the Super Bowl except the 49ers if they get that far.
Meh .... It's all about the Jimmies and the Joe's.

We'd have Joe this time.

It's been a dream season regardless of what happens now.
Anything extra is gravy.

The only thing that could ruin the season would be Pittsburgh knocking us out in the AFC Championship.

Reactions: MAD
Upsetting the Titans in Nashville is particularity pleasing to me.

I shared why a couple of years ago in another thread. If you stop believin'...
I will never be a Tennessee Titans fan.

I hate them because I'm a Bengals fan and I went to see the Titans VS Bengals game Week-15, Dec 10th 2000.

A little history. Memphis got snubbed(Memphis deserved it, but still got snubbed) by the NFL when the league expanded to Carolina & Jacksonville in the 90's. As a teenager, I really wanted Memphis to get a team.

So what does Bud Adams do in 1998, a few years after the NFL's expansion? He stops by Memphis with the Oilers, not to reconcile the NFL's defaulting(admitedly deserved) of their promissory expansion letter to Memphis, but to park his team for a year while Nasheville built his new stadium...... Essentially the Oilers just stopped by because they were out of toilet paper....

Yes I was bitter about Memphis not getting a team and the Oilers relocating to Nashville...
'F$#K You NFL', 'F-You Bud Adams', 'Oilers YOU SUCK', and 'Nashville you can tongue kiss my rear cheeks.'

Then what happens? Nashville gets handed the 1999 AFC champion Super Bowl team on a silver platter.

Now we get to 2000. The Titans are 10-3 needing a win to wrap up homefield advantage. The Bengals are 3-10 and wrapping up the worst 10 year run in NFL history.

I should have received a medal for being willing to go to the game!!!!

I got heckled and ridiculed relentlessly all throughout a 35-3 slaughter by 65K obnoxiously drunk, mullet headed, Nashville rednecks who were all pretending to be lifelong fans. It was like I'd died and was stuck in a Busch beer commercial being filmed in hell.
Wish I could have been there for this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATC_VOL
Upsetting the Titans in Nashville is particularity pleasing to me.

I shared why a couple of years ago in another thread. If you stop believin'...
Wish I could have been there for this one.
MemphisVol77, I'm in Nashville, and I'm really sad you are upset about the Titans being in Nashville. I was really happy when the NBA Grizzlies came to Memphis. I'm proud of my state.

MemphisVol77, I'm in Nashville, and I'm really sad you are upset about the Titans being in Nashville. I was really happy when the NBA Grizzlies came to Memphis. I'm proud of my state.
I'm actually long over Memphis not getting a team...... Memphis couldn't/wouldn't support an NFL team anyways. The Grizzlies are a great fit though.

I'll still never be a fan of the Titans. Maybe in another 20 years I'll forgive the fanbase.....

Our Bengals look very overmatched in this game but let's hope they can play a little better defense than what Buffalo showed which was abysmal. Ball control and defense is their only hope.

Win or lose it's great to have another week of football in Cincinnati

Win or lose it's great to have another week of football in Cincinnati
Had to like because I agree with that.

Drop the "very" and I'll agree with the rest about being overmatched.

Right now the spread is at 7 and I guess that's fair. I don't gamble at all, but I could see it going to 8/9.

I think the Chiefs are gonna score late in the 4th to put it away, but it's gonna be another high scoring shootout. We'll be in the game.

While I accept our OL sucks, they can't sh!t the bed again as bad as they did last week. I don't think they will either. The Chiefs don't have a DL anything like those damnable Titans, the Chiefs had the 3rd fewest sacks in the league this year. The Titans kept Burrow from throwing a TD pass, but Burrow still managed to throw for 330+ yards even after taking 9 sacks.

Stylistically the Titans were a nightmare match up, their strength on the DL exploited our weakness at OL, creating a perfect storm that we barely survived.

Don't forget just 3 weeks ago Burrow threw for the same amount of TD's and more yards than Josh Allen did last night against KC.

4th qtr with the score tied at 31, Zac Taylor had the nerve to go for it on 4th & 1 near the goal line with a little under 2 minutes left. He knew not to give Mahomes a chance to win or tie with more than a minute on the clock.

Somebody has to bump this. Might as well be a native who grew up between Cincy and Dayton and watched the first fall camp practices of Paul Brown's expansion Bengals when the QB was Greg Cook.

Burrow is the magic man. Legend in the making. Such great toughness on that team.

"Who dey!"

A great win for the Bengals because the Bengals outplayed the Chiefs.
Joe Cool continues to show he’s a Dynamite QB because in 3 games vs Magical Mahomes he has outplayed him.

The Bengal Tigers continue to be an entertaining team to watch, the defense plays great even without an Aaron Donald, Fred Warner, or other talked about great Defense Players.

20215EED-DD57-435E-8CE8-18DF52D4E5DD.jpeg65D0FBD3-F945-4096-BA3D-01C5371B408F.jpeg

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I bet Bengals hope they face anyone in the Super Bowl except the 49ers if they get that far.

I would want to see that 2023 Super Bowl mainly because the Bengals realistically could get their Hollywood Happy ending which is they win a Super Bowl.
It would most likely be an amazing thrilling Super Bowl.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

VN Store

Back