The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #9 Florida Atlantic NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, TBS

tonybasilio dot com

Official Pool For The Round Of 16 In NYCNY:
spacer.gif
Three officials per game will be chosen for two games ...​

Jeb Hartness - Did Two FAU games early in yr.
spacer.gif
He's an ACC official ... This would favor FAU.
=======
Paul Sells - Big 10 Guy
spacer.gif
Hasn't worked a game for either team.
=======
Larry Scoratto - Big 10
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Police Chief in Ft Lauderdale. Got fired last year.
=======
Brian Dorsey - Did a couple Tennessee Games
spacer.gif
@Ole Miss @A&M
=======
AJ Desai - Did Duke game other day
spacer.gif
20 whistles in that game. 16 were on Tennessee.
=======
Jeff Anderson - Multiple Final Fours
spacer.gif
Does few SEC games. Not done the Vols this season.
=======
Clarence Armstrong - Alternate both games.
=======
'For the second straight game a power 5 team from a power 5 league is going to go into the NCAA Tournament game without representation on the floor. Tennessee is the Washington DC of college basketball taxation without representation.' Refalytics Judd said ...

Who’s blowing the whistles tonight?
We will find out after the first game starts. Be three of Jeb hartness, Paul sells, Larry scoratto, Brian Dorsey, aj Desai and Jeff Anderson. Whoever does the first game, we will get the others. Prefer to avoid desai and hartness. Pretty sure Anderson did the Tennessee Purdue sweet 16 game

Don’t have a clue how to calculate probabilities of the matchups. In their 4 guard sets IF IF IF JP and Key can defend their assignments on one end they both could have advantages on the other. For sure they could be part of a less physical defense. Close whistles on both ends should help them and especially Santiago. Bigs need to protect the rim and use their strength to accept contact staying in their cylinders, especially their arms.

If they shoot over us for high % and win so be it.

Reactions: walkenvol
tonybasilio dot com

Official Pool For The Round Of 16 In NYCNY:
spacer.gif
Three officials per game will be chosen for two games ...​

Jeb Hartness - Did Two FAU games early in yr.
spacer.gif
He's an ACC official ... This would favor FAU.
=======
Paul Sells - Big 10 Guy
spacer.gif
=======
Larry Scoratto - Big 10
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Police Chief in Ft Lauderdale. Got fired last year.
=======
Brian Dorsey - Did a couple Tennessee Games
spacer.gif
@Ole Miss @A&M
=======
AJ Desai - Did Duke game other day
spacer.gif
20 whistles in that game. 16 were on Tennessee.
=======
Jeff Anderson - Multiple Final Fours
spacer.gif
Does few SEC games. Not done the Vols this season.
=======
Clarence Armstrong - Alternate both games.
=======
'For the second straight game a power 5 team from a power 5 league is going to go into the NCAA Tournament game without representation on the floor. Tennessee is the Washington DC of college basketball taxation without representation.' Refalytics Judd said ...
maurey hanks just said we get scoratto, Dorsey, and desai on the Basilio show

We will find out after the first game starts. Be three of Jeb hartness, Paul sells, Larry scoratto, Brian Dorsey, aj Desai and Jeff Anderson. Whoever does the first game, we will get the others. Prefer to avoid desai and hartness. Pretty sure Anderson did the Tennessee Purdue sweet 16 game

Jeff Anderson called the Lamonte Turner foul. Honestly, I think he is a great ref, though.

There certainly have been some ups and downs this season, but I must admit I sure have enjoyed it. This has been one of the most memorable season of my lifetime for our BBall program. I have a sneaky suspicion that we are about to beat the snot out of the owls. I predict a low scoring affair and the good guys come out on top by 16.

This game has massive implications to it. Do NOT underestimate FAU. My biggest concern is that we play down in our intensity from last week and get upset. This team is small and fast and will try to push tempo a LOT. We gotta dictate game speed and kill then on the boards and defensively, because they can flat shoot it.
What massive implication does it have? From what I understand, it has a single, easily understandable implication: If we win, we get to play another game.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Jeff Anderson called the Lamonte Turner foul. Honestly, I think he is a great ref, though.

That was a monumentally dumb play by Turner, whether it was a foul or not. The guy was falling out of bounds when he shot the ball; no need to go lunging at him given where he was on the floor.

Reactions: Chunkyvol12
Same shot but from the opposite side of the floor that Green hit right before halftime on us. Without the Green ish foot kick there was no contact. I thought LT did the right thing. JMO

That was a monumentally dumb play by Turner, whether it was a foul or not. The guy was falling out of bounds when he shot the ball; no need to go lunging at him given where he was on the floor.

He was standing right in front of him when he shot. It wasn't remotely dumb. Good lord.

Same shot but from the opposite side of the floor that Green hit right before halftime on us. Without the Green ish foot kick there was no contact. I thought LT did the right thing. JMO

Even with the foot kick out there was barely any contact. It was a horrible call by any rational analysis.

Yep, you get like 3ish hours for free and can watch multiple games at once even. Even then you can sign up for a free account to watch more games after the free preview is done.

I didn't even realize there was a time cap, but honestly I haven't used it much the last 2 years.

Reactions: orangejuice
MY main worry is turnovers and horrible shooting (in the infamous, MSG of course). Otherwise, I think we got this one. FAU is going to pressure from the outset, Key and Santi have to be able to shoot and handle ball pressure tonight. Crisp passing. Our BIG's gotta be BIG! Nothing comes easy for the Owls after Nine, Hoot, Hoot!

No it was a monumentally bad call. Go to the rule book Rule 4 either 18 I think GUARDING or 39 VERTICALLY and go to the bottom and find the reference to unnatural motion (like kicking a leg out) and check when it was added to the book. The uproar about THAT call brought that on. Just like the Gafney rule in football. Otherwise known as the A. Matthews bad call rule. He awarded them two TD’s that game that would have been overturned by replay. At the same goal line. Also not a coincidence he was SOON moved to Rocky Goode’s crew where neither could call a UT game in the future.

VN Store

Back