The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

What’s does your ideal basic personal arsenal look like? Which would cover most of your bases? Up until the last couple years all of my firearms were for sporting. Mostly shotguns as I primarily like to shoot birds and clays. For rifles, a .22, a .225-250 and a .308 although I don’t hunt very often anymore.

In the personal/home defense space I have a M&P Shield 45, M&P 9c, and now a FN 15 5.56. Just curious what others would consider a well-rounded personal arsenal?

I just buy it all so I dont miss anything.

What’s does your ideal basic personal arsenal look like? Which would cover most of your bases? Up until the last couple years all of my firearms were for sporting. Mostly shotguns as I primarily like to shoot birds and clays. For rifles, a .22, a .225-250 and a .308 although I don’t hunt very often anymore.

In the personal/home defense space I have a M&P Shield 45, M&P 9c, and now a FN 15 5.56. Just curious what others would consider a well-rounded personal arsenal?
Mine is posted here somewhere 15-20 pages back (maybe more recently)

It's since changed, a lot.

Last edited:
I can't figure out what's up with the braces. I thought the ATF issued a letter indicating that they're not going to pursue this but then I see that PSA is no longer including braces with their AR and AK pistols.

I like the Sig Romeo 5 for a budget optic. I don't know whether you need the riser to co-witness on a PC Charger. Sometimes you can find Romeo 5s that do not come with riser for a lower price.

I like the Sig Romeo 5 for a budget optic. I don't know whether you need the riser to co-witness on a PC Charger. Sometimes you can find Romeo 5s that do not come with riser for a lower price.
It does not come with irons. Not sure if I should put some on or just a lower-profile red dot.

I just scratched up my barrel from installing my new hand guard. The heat shield scratched the finish up several times while I was trying to adjust it onto the barrel nut. 🙄

My OCD has kicked in and I can’t stand to see a brand new rifle scratched up from my silly mistakes.

Anyone know how to cope with this? Lol

Any thoughts on the Vortex Strikefire II for the rifle, with the option of adding the 3x mag later if I desire? Then I could move the Romeo to the pistol...

Last edited:
I just scratched up my barrel from installing my new hand guard. The heat shield scratched the finish up several times while I was trying to adjust it onto the barrel nut. 🙄

My OCD has kicked in and I can’t stand to see a brand new rifle scratched up from my silly mistakes.

1AEDCBF4-9E56-445F-93E8-C353DFFFF108.jpeg

A little oil/CLP doesn’t blend it in? Isn’t it covered by the hand guard? I get it though. 😁

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
Any thoughts on the Vortex Strikefire II for the rifle, with the option of adding the 3x mag later if I desire? Then I could move the Romeo to the pistol...

Probably one of the best scopes for the money.

I'll also give my canned answer to look at Primary Arms

Reactions: BennesseeVols

Drink a beer or two.

VN Store

Back