The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

The Odin Works tunable gas block came today ! Finished the upper and took it to the range. Can’t get the bolt to lock back on the S&B subsonic ammo I have, even with it completely open. The Hornady 125 supers lock it back every time. I’ll check for the obvious issues but not sure it’s going to bother me. Don’t plan on shooting many subs until I get the can, which will be 6 months at best. Torn between the Omega 300 and 36M. Leaning toward the 300 because the attachments are so expensive for the 36M.

I’ve probably got 2-4 months left until my Obsidian 9 is finally mine, got a few boxes of Freedom HUSH waiting for the 300 and I’ve got HUSH, Super Vel Hush Puppy, and some stelth for my M9A3. Will let you know what’s good or not when the time comes if you’re interested.

Reactions: 81Bubbavol
Thought I’d get into NRL22 in 2021. Needed a new stick, of course. Bergara B14R in a KRG Bravo chassis, Athlon Midas TAC 6-24 scope. Hoping to shoot it this weekend

Attachments

• C9B70A7E-2D5C-4102-9A4A-154DAFD59248.jpeg
    C9B70A7E-2D5C-4102-9A4A-154DAFD59248.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: VOLSONLY
Happy New Year, gun nuts!

Love the new CompM4S. That's my primary CQB optic now. Moved the PRO to my spare upper. One of my 16"-ers has a Vortex Spitfire 3X on it (great LPO, highly recommend it), and the other one has a Nikon P223 3x-9x (they don't make this scope anymore, but if you can find one of these, or the 4x-12x model, get it). I use the 50/200 yd zero (MPBR) for my short rifles, and the 16's are zeroed at 100 yds to take advantage of the BDC reticles.

Anyhow, Just wanted to say Happy New Year to my fellow 2A brothers and sisters, and tell y'all that.......uh, oh....hang on......

Crap, every one of my dang AR's just fell in the river. 60 miles offshore. In 800 feet of water. In the dark. Hurricane force winds. 18 foot seas. And dont'cha know, my GPS ain't working. No way I'll be able to go back and fish 'em out...

Some days it don't pay to get out of bed.

Y'all be safe out there, y'hear?

Thought I’d get into NRL22 in 2021. Needed a new stick, of course. Bergara B14R in a KRG Bravo chassis, Athlon Midas TAC 6-24 scope. Hoping to shoot it this weekend
That’s a great setup for NRL matches. Find the right ammo for it and you’ll be very happy. Lapua Center X is very popular in NRL because it shoots so well in a variety or rifles at a decent cost.

Having said all that, do yourself a favor and shoot some groups with the stock that came on the rifle. It’s a very rigid stock with an aluminum mini-chassis molded in it.

Happy New Year to all as well !!

It’s great to be able to learn from all of the experienced folks on here. Looks like the the 2A’s gonna need all the appreciation it can get for the next couple of years, and I can’t think of a better place to share it than Vol Nation !

This is interesting, but I wonder how accurate it is:

"What's Behind the Ammunition Shortage?" What's Behind the Ammunition Shortage?
It’s the same conditions from the last time. People are hoarding popular calibers and you have a large influx of new gun owners also increasing demand. The neckbeards are in a pickle though because people aren’t going to gun shows to buy $40 bricks of .22 right now.

Yeah, idiots on Armslist trying to sell 555 round boxes of .22 for $70. Get a life.

On a related topic, where is everyone finding ammo? I’ve had good luck at Academy in Knoxville, smoky mountain guns and ammo, and bass pro in Sevierville.

I've had good luck at Dunham's although I dont know if yall have those in the Knoxville area. I've done the best regularly checking mom and pop guns shops and online.

Yeah, idiots on Armslist trying to sell 555 round boxes of .22 for $70. Get a life.

On a related topic, where is everyone finding ammo? I’ve had good luck at Academy in Knoxville, smoky mountain guns and ammo, and bass pro in Sevierville.

So... you're saying I should lower my price to $65?

Reactions: 81Bubbavol
What’s does your ideal basic personal arsenal look like? Which would cover most of your bases? Up until the last couple years all of my firearms were for sporting. Mostly shotguns as I primarily like to shoot birds and clays. For rifles, a .22, a .225-250 and a .308 although I don’t hunt very often anymore.

In the personal/home defense space I have a M&P Shield 45, M&P 9c, and now a FN 15 5.56. Just curious what others would consider a well-rounded personal arsenal?

As many different firearms and calibers as you can afford? The proverbial “X+1” philosophy?;)

I went in a different direction. I stuck to two calibers (.45 and 5.56), with multiple weapons in each caliber. That allowed me to stock pile only two types of ammunition, and this way if something happens to one gun I don’t end up with an ammo stash that I cannot use. I simply shift to another gun of that same caliber.

If I had the disposable income available I would have multiple weapons in multiple calibers, but alas I do not, so I had to go with my solution.

I went in a different direction. I stuck to two calibers (.45 and 5.56), with multiple weapons in each caliber. That allowed me to stock pile only two types of ammunition, and this way if something happens to one gun I don’t end up with an ammo stash that I cannot use. I simply shift to another gun of that same caliber.

If I had the disposable income available I would have multiple weapons in multiple calibers, but alas I do not, so I had to go with my solution.

Also get something you’re gonna be inclined to actually shoot. No sense in buying something that’s just gonna collect dust.

Reactions: GreyWolf1129
What’s does your ideal basic personal arsenal look like? Which would cover most of your bases? Up until the last couple years all of my firearms were for sporting. Mostly shotguns as I primarily like to shoot birds and clays. For rifles, a .22, a .225-250 and a .308 although I don’t hunt very often anymore.

In the personal/home defense space I have a M&P Shield 45, M&P 9c, and now a FN 15 5.56. Just curious what others would consider a well-rounded personal arsenal?

I'm of the mind anything subcompact should never come in any other caliber than 9mm. Not to say you can't handle a .45 Shield, but your hands will notice after a while.

But one thing I do tend to stress is like types of calibers and firearms as GW suggested. I personally go with 9mm and .45 for my "needs." Of course, I'm a 1911 guy, so that works well into my armory. But in keeping with your already established line of S&W, I'd suggest a full sized M&P in 9mm. I'd almost suggest trading in that Shield 45 for a 9 as well just to consolidate ammo types.

The other thing that's nice about an AR is the ability to switch uppers as you need them. I have my "SHTF" AR as well as a "spare" with a light barrel that I use for hog eradication. But I have uppers in 6.8 SPC for deer or hog hunting, I "planned" to build a 6.5 Grendel DMR upper eventuality and could get any other caliber I desired if I wanted.

I also have an AR10 platform set up similarly. 16 inch carbine model with a spare 20 inch target upper.

So, you can mix and match uppers with your current rifle and help cut down costs.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I'm of the mind anything subcompact should never come in any other caliber than 9mm. Not to say you can't handle a .45 Shield, but your hands will notice after a while.

But one thing I do tend to stress is like types of calibers and firearms as GW suggested. I personally go with 9mm and .45 for my "needs." Of course, I'm a 1911 guy, so that works well into my armory. But in keeping with your already established line of S&W, I'd suggest a full sized M&P in 9mm. I'd almost suggest trading in that Shield 45 for a 9 as well just to consolidate ammo types.

The other thing that's nice about an AR is the ability to switch uppers as you need them. I have my "SHTF" AR as well as a "spare" with a light barrel that I use for hog eradication. But I have uppers in 6.8 SPC for deer or hog hunting, I "planned" to build a 6.5 Grendel DMR upper eventuality and could get any other caliber I desired if I wanted.

I also have an AR10 platform set up similarly. 16 inch carbine model with a spare 20 inch target upper.

So, you can mix and match uppers with your current rifle and help cut down costs.
I was offered the 45 for dirt cheap so I bought it. Actually shoot it decently well though not often for obvious reasons. But I don’t really have much reason to own it so I’ll probably will trade it in.

Good point about the uppers

I was offered the 45 for dirt cheap so I bought it. Actually shoot it decently well though not often for obvious reasons. But I don’t really have much reason to own it so I’ll probably will trade it in.

Good point about the uppers

A subcompact can come in handy. If you can work the trade, I'd say get the 9mm version of one was to be had.

If you can count em you need more of them. What I tell my wife anyway.

Reactions: txbo

VN Store

Back