The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Just saw an article an a new Suppressor- Omega 36M. Like a 300 but goes up to 9 mm. I have a lot of Subsonic 9mm ammo, but my baby Glock isn’t quite the perfect candidate for a suppressed handgun. Anyway, this is so new I doubt anyone has any experience, just wondering. The article didn’t test 300BLK which is my primary concern.

Figured since I bought 2 more guns today I'd start a thread where people can share their love of things that go pew.

Here's my first new one: Remington 700p TWS .308
With a Leupold Mark IV scope and Harris bi-pod legs
View attachment 174363
Been on my wish list for a while. Just never got around to pulling the trigger. ;)

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I traded in awhile back now. I've since went 6.5 creedmoor and semi auto (ordered, just waiting now)
Very nice. Might be easier to find that ammo vs the .308 now that folks are starting to stock up. 140 grain?

Yep it’s out there, just double or triple what it was a year ago. Just built a 300 BLK pistol and what I first bought for 30-50 cents per round is now $1 - $2.50. Even the reloading supplies are getting ridiculous. Hope the furor dies down before I run out. 😊

Yep it’s out there, just double or triple what it was a year ago. Just built a 300 BLK pistol and what I first bought for 30-50 cents per round is now $1 - $2.50. Even the reloading supplies are getting ridiculous. Hope the furor dies down before I run out. 😊
Yep. I saw multiple pallets of thousand-round cases of 9mm yesterday. $700 per case plus sales tax.

You got it all put together? I remember you said you were waiting on a few pieces, but I've been hoping you'd post it. Freedom Munitions has 150 gr FMJ reman for 1.18/round in stock right now. I've shot a few thousand of their reman rounds and they're fantastic.

SG ammo currently has 5.56 for those in need. At premium prices, mind you.
223 Remington / 5.56mm NATO Ammo | SGAmmo.com

I'll give Sam and company all the credit in the world for not raising prices until the market demands they do.

I'll also give him credit for keeping his staff on payroll even when there isn't work. Back in 2012-13 during the First Great Shortage, he had them doing "make work" around his business just to make sure they had income. Likely at a loss to his own profits.

Even though I get charged sales tax since I live in Oklahoma, I'd buy from him before anyone else.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I'll give Sam and company all the credit in the world for not raising prices until the market demands they do.

I'll also give him credit for keeping his staff on payroll even when there isn't work. Back in 2012-13 during the First Great Shortage, he had them doing "make work" around his business just to make sure they had income. Likely at a loss to his own profits.

Even though I get charged sales tax since I live in Oklahoma, I'd buy from him before anyone else.
I don’t see anything wrong with people profiting from their labor and investments. Supply and demand, simple as that.

Haven't since 2012 either. Though I still get their emails about "where did you go?"

They won't let me post reviews either lol
I honestly don’t think I’ve ever made a purchase from them. Back in the day when sportsman’s guide had all that sweet Australian and South African .308, I bought a ton of it and other cheap ammo. They always got the majority of my business and still do on certain items.

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever made a purchase from them. Back in the day when sportsman’s guide had all that sweet Australian and South African .308, I bought a ton of it and other cheap ammo. They always got the majority of my business and still do on certain items.

It used to be one of the places for reasonably priced .22 Velocitor as well as the Mk 318 stuff I was using. But ever since they pulled that stunt in 2012, they can eat a fat one.

I tend to think they are mainly supported by those who don't realize the crap they've pulled over time or those who panic and think they "have" to pay for the insane prices.

You got it all put together? I remember you said you were waiting on a few pieces, but I've been hoping you'd post it. Freedom Munitions has 150 gr FMJ reman for 1.18/round in stock right now. I've shot a few thousand of their reman rounds and they're fantastic.

The Odin Works tunable gas block came today ! Finished the upper and took it to the range. Can’t get the bolt to lock back on the S&B subsonic ammo I have, even with it completely open. The Hornady 125 supers lock it back every time. I’ll check for the obvious issues but not sure it’s going to bother me. Don’t plan on shooting many subs until I get the can, which will be 6 months at best. Torn between the Omega 300 and 36M. Leaning toward the 300 because the attachments are so expensive for the 36M.

Reactions: CubsFanTN

VN Store

Back