The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Tomorrow……
I’m getting a bucket list gun.
Funny in that it’s not valuable because it’s just a blip of history. But I’m excited.

Pics soon.
Of course it’s a shotgun
The man who sold a couple of pistols for me on consignment earlier this year has a Winchester 1893 blackpowder shotgun on consignment right now for $1500.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Just for fun…..it would be the Taurus TX22.

For fun, a bit of target and maybe some showing off….I would go with a Ruger mk IV hunter.

For around the farm, having some fun plinking…….you really can’t beat a Heritage Rough Rider for the money…….and hey throw in the magnum cylinder and you got a bit of power too.

Just for fun…..it would be the Taurus TX22.

For fun, a bit of target and maybe some showing off….I would go with a Ruger mk IV hunter.

For around the farm, having some fun plinking…….you really can’t beat a Heritage Rough Rider for the money…….and hey throw in the magnum cylinder and you got a bit of power too.
Never fire a .22 Mag without serious ear protection. My ears are still ringing after 50+ years!

Reactions: JoAllan

Thanks for all the suggestions from everybody. Ended up buying the Taurus TX22. Tons and tons of fun to shoot and I really like the trigger pull. Put 200 rounds through it this weekend without a hitch. My kid loves it too and with the slide release, mag release, dual safety, and overall feel it has a lot of commonality with other pistols and is a great as a teaching tool.

Debating on a suppressor for it, but will probably end up getting one.

Has anyone seen 16ga on the shelf anywhere? I went to Sportsman's and they had everything but 16. Even the stupid 28 gauge boxes and more 10 gauge than I'd ever seen.

Has anyone seen 16ga on the shelf anywhere? I went to Sportsman's and they had everything but 16. Even the stupid 28 gauge boxes and more 10 gauge than I'd ever seen.

I never realized 28 gauge was a thing until the covid shortage. And I swear that almost every walmart I've visited over the past year had 28 gauge.

I never realized 28 gauge was a thing until the covid shortage. And I swear that almost every walmart I've visited over the past year had 28 gauge.
I've never known anyone that had a shotgun in 28ga. I don't think I've even seen a 28ga shotgun. I don't know what you would use it for. And the shells are like $1 each even before covid.

Federal Premium has 16 gauge in stock; however you have to pay $12 shipping unless you spend $150.

The good news now is they have a bit of most stuff in stock…….so if someone wants to get some 9mm, 380, 38 special….ect all together…….it’s free shipping (well spending $150).

I hate to buy a few boxes of something and have to pay for shipping. I try to buy at least $150 at a time (when shopping at federal premium)

VN Store

Back