The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

I’m seeing msrp on those close to $3k.. why so expensive? I know it’s a great brand, but looks like a pretty plain 9mm to me
I think MSRP is $2800 iirc. Street price is high because of availability.

It’s popular because A, it’s a K&K and B, it’s as close to an MP5 as you can get civilian wise (the previous attempts weren’t as close/good

Reactions: JoAllan
I think MSRP is $2800 iirc. Street price is high because of availability.

It’s popular because A, it’s a K&K and B, it’s as close to an MP5 as you can get civilian wise (the previous attempts weren’t as close/good
Jealous... That would be a cool gun to have. I love my Charger.

Reactions: YankeeVol
So...started yesterday and ended yesterday with fatality accidents on the Interstate. First one just after 0500, so they called me out early for my scheduled 0700-1900 shift, and the 2nd one at roughly 1430. 2nd one was bad. Tractor-trailer crossed over into opposing lanes. 6 vehicles, 14 total victims, and unbelievably only one fatality so far. Interstate was completely shut down for over 6 hours. And I have never seen the log jam on secondary roads like I saw yesterday. According to the DoT regional office, at it's worst point there was literally a 50 mile backup. Somehow, the major area media markets had yet to publish it. I guess gang-related shootings in Jax and Savannah are what people really want to read about.

We're out there...our 5-person shift; another off-duty shift we had to call out; GSP, including the SCRT team; MCCD, since a commercial vehicle was involved; DoT; and officers from surrounding jurisdictions who came to help. We had to shutdown the interstate, divert traffic to secondary roads, work the intersections, and then try to clear the vehicles stuck between the nearest exit before the accident and the accident site, which was a 6-mile stretch. Plus deal with the rubberneckers on the opposite side who created their own logjam, leading to cars getting off the interstate for no reason other than to try to get around that mess.

I have been in this line of work...full and part time...for 21+ years. I have seen worse crashes, but in all that time I have never seen a traffic jam as large as what we had to deal with yesterday, and I lost count of the number of acts of impatience, frustration, arrogance, ignorance, and pure selfishness that I witnessed yesterday. Motorists were going the wrong way on the shoulder of the interstate to get out of the jam. On secondary roads, they were running stop signs, red lights, and one another off the road just to try and get where they wanted to go, without any regard for their fellow man. We had several near-misses at intersections where an officer almost got hit by a motorist. It was maddening, it was disgusting, and it was heart-breaking to see people treat one another, and us, that way. And they were blowing up our 911 Center wanting to know (a) what the problem was, (b) how long the interstate would be shut down, and (c) was there a way around the mess. No ****, there were literally hundreds of 911 calls for that.

We simply did not have the manpower to deal with that behavior, so in most cases we had to let it go. Trying to keep everyone safe meant that those who put self above all else got away with it. I went home exhausted, pissed-off, and reminding myself that this is my last year on the road. It's not like it used to be. Motorists, especially on the interstate, will run you off the road to get where they're going 5 minutes sooner. We've all seen it, and I see it all the time. And when it comes to speed, or moving violations, I have always been one to give you the benefit of the doubt, and a break when I could. I'd lower the speed, or ignore the secondary infractions in order to avoid what we call "stacking tickets". If there was a way to avoid an arrest, I almost always took it.

I was still pissed-off when I woke up this morning. Church didn't help, and I'm still mad as I type this. I'm about fed up with the crap I'm seeing out there on the roads. We've forgotten how to exercise patience, self-discipline, and respect for our fellow man. We no longer care that our actions can, and sometimes do, put others at risk of harm. We are starting to look a lot like those who whistle past the graveyard when it comes to deaths due to gun violence, blaming the gun instead of the person holding it. We blame the car, traffic, our cruise-control, our kid who has to pee, or the "idiot who cut me off" for the fact that we were going 105 miles per hour, and consequences be damned. All that matters is that I get where I'm going as fast as I can get there. I pay taxes. I pay your salary. Don't you have better things to do than sit out here and harass people who aren't doing anything wrong?

So, I took an oath to "Serve and Protect". I take that oath seriously. Starting tomorrow, I will be protecting those of you who obey the law from those who don't. If they want a break, they can ask you for it.

Rant over.

So...started yesterday and ended yesterday with fatality accidents on the Interstate. First one just after 0500, so they called me out early for my scheduled 0700-1900 shift, and the 2nd one at roughly 1430. 2nd one was bad. Tractor-trailer crossed over into opposing lanes. 6 vehicles, 14 total victims, and unbelievably only one fatality so far. Interstate was completely shut down for over 6 hours. And I have never seen the log jam on secondary roads like I saw yesterday. According to the DoT regional office, at it's worst point there was literally a 50 mile backup. Somehow, the major area media markets had yet to publish it. I guess gang-related shootings in Jax and Savannah are what people really want to read about.

We're out there...our 5-person shift; another off-duty shift we had to call out; GSP, including the SCRT team; MCCD, since a commercial vehicle was involved; DoT; and officers from surrounding jurisdictions who came to help. We had to shutdown the interstate, divert traffic to secondary roads, work the intersections, and then try to clear the vehicles stuck between the nearest exit before the accident and the accident site, which was a 6-mile stretch. Plus deal with the rubberneckers on the opposite side who created their own logjam, leading to cars getting off the interstate for no reason other than to try to get around that mess.

I have been in this line of work...full and part time...for 21+ years. I have seen worse crashes, but in all that time I have never seen a traffic jam as large as what we had to deal with yesterday, and I lost count of the number of acts of impatience, frustration, arrogance, ignorance, and pure selfishness that I witnessed yesterday. Motorists were going the wrong way on the shoulder of the interstate to get out of the jam. On secondary roads, they were running stop signs, red lights, and one another off the road just to try and get where they wanted to go, without any regard for their fellow man. We had several near-misses at intersections where an officer almost got hit by a motorist. It was maddening, it was disgusting, and it was heart-breaking to see people treat one another, and us, that way. And they were blowing up our 911 Center wanting to know (a) what the problem was, (b) how long the interstate would be shut down, and (c) was there a way around the mess. No ****, there were literally hundreds of 911 calls for that.

We simply did not have the manpower to deal with that behavior, so in most cases we had to let it go. Trying to keep everyone safe meant that those who put self above all else got away with it. I went home exhausted, pissed-off, and reminding myself that this is my last year on the road. It's not like it used to be. Motorists, especially on the interstate, will run you off the road to get where they're going 5 minutes sooner. We've all seen it, and I see it all the time. And when it comes to speed, or moving violations, I have always been one to give you the benefit of the doubt, and a break when I could. I'd lower the speed, or ignore the secondary infractions in order to avoid what we call "stacking tickets". If there was a way to avoid an arrest, I almost always took it.

I was still pissed-off when I woke up this morning. Church didn't help, and I'm still mad as I type this. I'm about fed up with the crap I'm seeing out there on the roads. We've forgotten how to exercise patience, self-discipline, and respect for our fellow man. We no longer care that our actions can, and sometimes do, put others at risk of harm. We are starting to look a lot like those who whistle past the graveyard when it comes to deaths due to gun violence, blaming the gun instead of the person holding it. We blame the car, traffic, our cruise-control, our kid who has to pee, or the "idiot who cut me off" for the fact that we were going 105 miles per hour, and consequences be damned. All that matters is that I get where I'm going as fast as I can get there. I pay taxes. I pay your salary. Don't you have better things to do than sit out here and harass people who aren't doing anything wrong?

So, I took an oath to "Serve and Protect". I take that oath seriously. Starting tomorrow, I will be protecting those of you who obey the law from those who don't. If they want a break, they can ask you for it.

Rant over.

For the most part, cannot say I blame you at all.

However, I also think there are poor to no plans to deal with that kind of mess, or at least seems like it. For example, the simple thing of using the on ramps to get vehicles off the interstate. Why not? Why not have plans to train auxiliaries to assist with messes like this? An extra 100 auxiliaries to expedite traffic flow could go a long way.

Don't misunderstand, I completely understand where you're coming from and feel you're justified with your plan. Be cool brother.

Rant over.
As the slow driver in the slow lane in the f250 ……go get them.

Rant over.

Hang in there, bud. People drive like idiots more and more these days, and what gets me is that the problem isn't that they *can't* drive reasonably safely, it's that they *choose* not to do so.

Side note: If you don't mind me asking, was this on 95? You're absolutely right about the news outlets preferring to cover gang stuff in Atlanta and Savannah.

For the most part, cannot say I blame you at all.

However, I also think there are poor to no plans to deal with that kind of mess, or at least seems like it. For example, the simple thing of using the on ramps to get vehicles off the interstate. Why not? Why not have plans to train auxiliaries to assist with messes like this? An extra 100 auxiliaries to expedite traffic flow could go a long way.

Don't misunderstand, I completely understand where you're coming from and feel you're justified with your plan. Be cool brother.

Yeah, we did that. Once we had the interstate shut down, we reversed the flow to allow the vehicles that were trapped south of the shutdown point to travel north in the southbound lanes and exit on the on-ramps. We have a plan for that type of thing. Remember, we can reverse all 6 lanes for hurricane evacuation. It was the vehicles still on the interstate (prior to the shutdown point, and those on the secondary roads, that were the problem.

It would take forever to lay it out road by road and intersection by intersection, but for a relatively small, largely rural agency, we have a solid Command & Control structure, and professional deputies. Yesterday, it was simply a dozen or so of us, plus another dozen or so other officers, up against thousands...if not tens of thousands...of motorists who left every lick of their common sense and decency at home when they got in their vehicle.

You cannot expedite traffic flow when you are jamming three lanes wide on a controlled-access high-speed roadway (interstate) into one lane wide at lower speeds, and then you add in stop signs, traffic lights, and intersections.

What got to me was the, for want of a better term, the 1%-er's. They made their presence felt yesterday. We had a Major on our Admin staff going around delivering coolers full of iced bottled water for us to hand out to those who needed it. We probably spent a grand on water and ice yesterday trying to make sure people could handle the heat while they waited in traffic. Are there things we could have done better? Yes, probably. We will have a formal hot-wash meeting middle of next week.

What got to me was those who, by their actions or their words, convinced me that they could not care less about anyone other than themselves. That's the part that got to me. The complete lack of humanity that I witnessed in a small but significant number of people. That's what I remember, and let me assure you...they will remember me next time we meet.

Rant II over.

Hang in there, bud. People drive like idiots more and more these days, and what gets me is that the problem isn't that they *can't* drive reasonably safely, it's that they *choose* not to do so.

Side note: If you don't mind me asking, was this on 95? You're absolutely right about the news outlets preferring to cover gang stuff in Atlanta and Savannah.

Yep.

Yeah, we did that. Once we had the interstate shut down, we reversed the flow to allow the vehicles that were trapped south of the shutdown point to travel north in the southbound lanes and exit on the on-ramps. We have a plan for that type of thing. Remember, we can reverse all 6 lanes for hurricane evacuation. It was the vehicles still on the interstate (prior to the shutdown point, and those on the secondary roads, that were the problem.

It would take forever to lay it out road by road and intersection by intersection, but for a relatively small, largely rural agency, we have a solid Command & Control structure, and professional deputies. Yesterday, it was simply a dozen or so of us, plus another dozen or so other officers, up against thousands...if not tens of thousands...of motorists who left every lick of their common sense and decency at home when they got in their vehicle.

You cannot expedite traffic flow when you are jamming three lanes wide on a controlled-access high-speed roadway (interstate) into one lane wide at lower speeds, and then you add in stop signs, traffic lights, and intersections.

What got to me was the, for want of a better term, the 1%-er's. They made their presence felt yesterday. We had a Major on our Admin staff going around delivering coolers full of iced bottled water for us to hand out to those who needed it. We probably spent a grand on water and ice yesterday trying to make sure people could handle the heat while they waited in traffic. Are there things we could have done better? Yes, probably. We will have a formal hot-wash meeting middle of next week.

What got to me was those who, by their actions or their words, convinced me that they could not care less about anyone other than themselves. That's the part that got to me. The complete lack of humanity that I witnessed in a small but significant number of people. That's what I remember, and let me assure you...they will remember me next time we meet.

Rant II over.
I’m surprised it’s taken you this long. Bravo.

Reactions: Orangeslice13

Rant II over.

Gotcha.

If it ain't, it'll do till a mess gets here.

Reactions: GreyWolf1129

Rant II over.

Thank you for all you guys do!!!!

Reactions: ACvol3
Anybody seen five seven anywhere around the Knox area?

Have you tried looking for the Ruger 57?

They are much easier to find. Also just my opinion but the Ruger version is a much better firearm…..better quality, more reliable.

Don’t get me wrong FN makes some great firearms……I simply think the Ruger is much better between the two (model firearms…not brands).

The bass pro website in Kodak says they have it in stock $749.

I have seen the Ruger in my area (middle Tennessee) from $649-$699.

If your stuck on the FN 57…..I get it; however if your not I suggest do some research on the Ruger, and I’m sure you can find it in your area……..and much cheaper.

Reactions: ACvol3
Have you tried looking for the Ruger 57?

They are much easier to find. Also just my opinion but the Ruger version is a much better firearm…..better quality, more reliable.

Don’t get me wrong FN makes some great firearms……I simply think the Ruger is much better between the two (model firearms…not brands).

The bass pro website in Kodak says they have it in stock $749.

I have seen the Ruger in my area (middle Tennessee) from $649-$699.

If your stuck on the FN 57…..I get it; however if your not I suggest do some research on the Ruger, and I’m sure you can find it in your area……..and much cheaper.
Sorry, I meant the 5.7x28 ammo. My girlfriend is trying to find it for her dads bday present. He is a ruger nut and had to have it when it came out. That’s interesting though! I don’t follow Ruger or FN closely, but I would’ve guessed that the FN was superior. I guess it makes sense though, since the ruger is a much newer design.

Reactions: JoAllan
Gun broker had some for $59 a box (50 rounds) with no cc fees.

Saw 500 rounds on discount ammo(online shop) for $325

I haven’t seen it around local at all in over a year.

It’s about 3 weeks away or so but I guess you could try the gun show in Knoxville August 14-15 I think.

Good luck.

Picked up the SP5 today. Maaaaaaaay have brought home something else as well…

View attachment 381873
View attachment 381874

I have been thinking seriously on the fnx tac.

I don’t currently have a Double/single 45, and I’ve never had an fnx.

Once you shoot it and get a good feel about it let us know your thoughts……I mean I know it’s BIG, but other than that.

congrats as well.

VN Store

Back