The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

If they did, it must have been recently. I haven't had any problems finding it and I use a lot of it. sgammo.com always has it at a good price.

SG is the only place I know that has any and I'm wondering if that's just remaining stock. I haven't looked everywhere but where I have looked it's either OOS or Midway flatly states "discontinued". They're also currently OOS with the 77g but don't say discontinued.

SG is the only place I know that has any and I'm wondering if that's just remaining stock. I haven't looked everywhere but where I have looked it's either OOS or Midway flatly states "discontinued". They're also currently OOS with the 77g but don't say discontinued.

Interesting. Guess I better buy sgammo out of it. That stuff is a staple to me.

My Shield 9MM arrived at the store. Went and picked it up today.

So now I’ve got it, and my Glock 27. It’s a lot tougher on my thumb than the Glock, really rigid and tight on the slide.

909EBF3E-5E84-4CE0-BDAB-2A206AF3A309.jpeg

Reactions: GreyWolf1129
The slide for my Range Officer came back from Springfield today. The sights they use are Trijicon, and it was neat to see that the rear sight, staying true to the R/O design, is a target-style fully adjustable sight. I tried to take a pic, and eventually will, but it's hard to see everything in enough detail to appreciate it. At least with an iPhone camera.

So...my full-size .45 ACP (Callsign "Thor") is back in service. I allowed myself to completely relax for the first time in 3 weeks, and took a 7 minute nap.

;)

Is there a way to loosen the slide release at all? Or is it supposed to be real hard to depress on this pistol.

My Glock is really smooth.

@Grand Vol
@GreyWolf1129
@DEFENDTHISHOUSE
@YankeeVol

No idea, but there is a Telluric facility here, and I know a pretty sharp pistol guy who works there. It'll be Monday before i see him again, but I'll ask.

I don't know much, but I usually know who to ask.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
Curious as to how many actually use the thumb slide release? I get it for competition / speed. Usually, when I put my stick in I just give the slide another tug. Seems to be less slammies on my parts that way.

Same. The sling shot loads nearly every semi-automatic pistol.

Agreed. My default IWB carries are a Glock 30S and an RIA compact 1911. I appendix carry. Easier to control, and fight over, a gun in front of me, as opposed to one on my hip or my 6. Don't want to shoot what little bit of junk I have left off, so no round chambered. Thus, I have practiced to draw and rack, acquire, and squeeze. I have an extended mag and slide release on my Glock, but I only use the slide release on a combat reload, and yes, I do use it. Keep eyes on target, elevate, eject, load, and drop the slide, then rotate and re-engage, if necessary.

I'm also, if you recall, a "two in the torso, one in the pelvic triangle" advocate. Heads are just too hard to hit, and a .45 in the triangle will most likely (a) break your hip, and (b) sever a major blood vessel. We each have our way.

And while I'm up in the pulpit, can I ask WTF is wrong with these gun nuts comparing the penetration, expansion, stopping power, and gel / tissue damage of any pistol round -vs- the 5.56? There are literally thousands (probably more) of these forums out there, and almost NONE of them address the one key element that makes the 5.56 so much better as a SD/HD platform. Velocity.

Go do your research, if you haven't already. The magic number hovers around 2200 fps for the human body. Below that threshold, most tissue and organs will stretch, and then recover. Above it, they tear and come apart. That simple. Hydraulic shock, folks. It's a game-changer.

I carry a pistol because it's easy to conceal. But if I'm at home or on duty and trouble shows up, I'm bringing an AR to the fight, every time. Indoors or out.

If the Zombies show up, where are we meeting? I'd like to be among people who know what they're doing.

Agreed. My default IWB carries are a Glock 30S and an RIA compact 1911. I appendix carry. Easier to control, and fight over, a gun in front of me, as opposed to one on my hip or my 6. Don't want to shoot what little bit of junk I have left off, so no round chambered. Thus, I have practiced to draw and rack, acquire, and squeeze. I have an extended mag and slide release on my Glock, but I only use the slide release on a combat reload, and yes, I do use it. Keep eyes on target, elevate, eject, load, and drop the slide, then rotate and re-engage, if necessary.

I'm also, if you recall, a "two in the torso, one in the pelvic triangle" advocate. Heads are just too hard to hit, and a .45 in the triangle will most likely (a) break your hip, and (b) sever a major blood vessel. We each have our way.

And while I'm up in the pulpit, can I ask WTF is wrong with these gun nuts comparing the penetration, expansion, stopping power, and gel / tissue damage of any pistol round -vs- the 5.56? There are literally thousands (probably more) of these forums out there, and almost NONE of them address the one key element that makes the 5.56 so much better as a SD/HD platform. Velocity.

Go do your research, if you haven't already. The magic number hovers around 2200 fps for the human body. Below that threshold, most tissue and organs will stretch, and then recover. Above it, they tear and come apart. That simple. Hydraulic shock, folks. It's a game-changer.

I carry a pistol because it's easy to conceal. But if I'm at home or on duty and trouble shows up, I'm bringing an AR to the fight, every time. Indoors or out.

If the Zombies show up, where are we meeting? I'd like to be among people who know what they're doing.
I strongly agree on the head shot. Never shoot the head. Put them center of mass, if it doesn’t work, go for the heaviest bone structure in the human body (pelvic region) to affect mobility.

Pistols are meant to fight our way back to the rifle we shouldn’t have put down in the first place lol

Last edited:

It's my guess that "most" articles are written for what the majority of people not only might have around the house but also carry, which of course will be some form of handgun. If one is in possession of a suitable AR platform rifle it's superior to a pistol in most respects. A rifle carbine shooting standard loads is very loud indoors (though pistols aren't exactly champagne corks) and if you really wanted to maneuver in the tightest of spaces or really needed a free hand a handgun can have advantages. To your point however I'd generally agree. FWIW there's still plenty of people that have started adopting the idea. A Google search will turn up many articles touting the AR's use as a home defense weapon.

Last edited:

Very nice. Love to have your setup.

For me, when it's handguns, it's 10 yards and in while moving and engaging 1 to 3 static targets. Make no mistake, I miss a lot, but for me...if I'm shooting my handgun...I'm in a gunfight.

And remind me to keep you at a safe distance....:cool:

Getting close...Go Vols.

Very nice. Love to have your setup.

For me, when it's handguns, it's 10 yards and in while moving and engaging 1 to 3 static targets. Make no mistake, I miss a lot, but for me...if I'm shooting my handgun...I'm in a gunfight.

And remind me to keep you at a safe distance....:cool:

Getting close...Go Vols.
I try to get out to the range at least twice a week. One day for fun, old rifles, revolvers and one day for carbines and the Glock. I’m 10.5 miles from the range, I shoot and reload a lot.

VN Store

Back