The Official #19 Tennessee vs. Kentucky Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, CBS

I said blaming the refs is a loser mentality, and anybody that has played athletics past middle school would tell you the same. Thats different than calling you a loser.

Not playing any victim card. I dont really see any reason to get upset over discussing basketball with total strangers on social media. So maybe quit transposing your disposition and hurt feelings onto others.

Seems like your feelings are hurt because I pointed out that TN’s losses came when the not so deep rotation was limited even more with quick whistles (as well as injuries). You quoted my post and dove straight into your narrative of suggesting a poster is a “loser”. Your last sentence above fits you to a T.

Last edited:
Seems like your feelings are hurt because I pointed out that TN’s loses came when the not so deep rotation was limited even more with quick whistles (as well as injuries). You quoted my post and dove straight into your narrative of suggesting a poster is a “loser”. Your last sentence above fits you to a T.

Hahaha. Good talk man.

ON has really improved as the year has progressed. Playing more aggressive and physical. For the life of me I can’t understand why his mins aren’t going up because the other posts are not playing well at all

His “per 40” stats are promising, a better sub than EJ has been. He’ll benefit a lot from this next off-season & getting another year working on his game.

Reactions: Lankykong and Hbg
lack of big man recruiting was exposed today. Don’t complain about PG. Ky doesn’t have a PG either. The talent difference was inside. Ky had Sarr, Jackson, etc. Tennessee had Fulky, EJA & Plasvic(either who played).

I still am liking what I see from Olivier, this being a free year means he could be here another 3 seasons. I think he could step up his role next season, especially if Pons & Fulky don’t return.

Not sure where Pember, Plavsic or Gaines fit in. All 3 have great size & length, just not sure they are really going to be contributors at this level. Hoping I’m wrong.
I actually agree on ORN. He’s not been completely useless the last couple weeks so he may be slowly figuring it out some. Right now we have too much dead weight at the back end of the roster. Pember, plavsic, anosike and gaines are not providing anything. I’m hoping anosike is just going to follow the year 2 is the year that a lot of juco guys seem to go through but he doesn’t provide anything right now.

I think it’s probably a foregone conclusion we’re not winning anything of merit this year. Just too inconsistent. I just hope we’re able to keep one of Johnson/Springer and then pull BHH to reclassify. Next year could be another shot at the F4 if that happens. If we lose both the freshmen it might not be so fun.

We will either win the National Championship or lose in the first round. It will all depend on what team shows up.
We’ll win our first round game by 25. Points and shoot 60 % from 3. Second round we’ll lose by 15 and shoot 20% from 3. Jekyll and Hyde team

I actually agree on ORN. He’s not been completely useless the last couple weeks so he may be slowly figuring it out some. Right now we have too much dead weight at the back end of the roster. Pember, plavsic, anosike and gaines are not providing anything. I’m hoping anosike is just going to follow the year 2 is the year that a lot of juco guys seem to go through but he doesn’t provide anything right now.

ORN is not completely useless but he is still far from adequate.

Not looking good for a bye in the SECT.

Guess it won't matter except that if we lose early, our seeding will go down. May rather have a 6 seed as opposed to 5.

I said that Bailey is a ball hog. He often is. I didn’t say that he’s garbage or doesn’t deserve a scholarship or isn’t SEC level or sucks.

You’re obsessed with me. It’s kind of creepy.

I agree with this post. Bailey does hog the ball but at this point we need an offensive player with some moxie. Someone has to compensate for below average post play.

Reactions: vols 30
ON has really improved as the year has progressed. Playing more aggressive and physical. For the life of me I can’t understand why his mins aren’t going up because the other posts are not playing well at all
It’s cause he is horrible... not hard to see

Not looking good for a bye in the SECT.

Guess it won't matter except that if we lose early, our seeding will go down. May rather have a 6 seed as opposed to 5.

Top 4 get a double bye. Bottom 4 (bottom 2 with Auburn out) get no bye. The other 6 (7 this year) get a single bye. If TN wins out they should get the double bye. They lose a tie-breaker with Florida but with teams playing so many different number of games, head-to-head tie breakers may not matter. There will be many different winning percentages with so many different numbers of games played.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
UK is better than their record indicates. UT is not as good as everyone thought they were. If UT doesn't get it together, their tournaments will not go well. Hope they do.

Sometimes certain teams just struggle down the stretch...This UK team has been frustrating. To me we have had maybe 10 games where we choked. Even some of the double digit losses were games we led at half or late but then fell apart for 10 minutes. Heck, the first UT game was like that. In an alternate universe we have 15 or 16 wins wondering how lucky UK is to have won so many tight games.

Reactions: camp_steveo
Top 4 get a double bye. Bottom 4 (bottom 2 with Auburn out) get no bye. The other 6 (7 this year) get a single bye. If TN wins out they should get the double bye. They lose a tie-breaker with Florida but with teams playing so many different number of games, head-to-head tie breakers may not matter. There will be many different winning percentages with so many different numbers of games played.

Thanks. Yes, I was referring to the double bye. Another loss in either regular season or in tourney jeopardizes our seeding unless we get into the finals. I just fear the 5 seed.

Sometimes certain teams just struggle down the stretch...This UK team has been frustrating. To me we have had maybe 10 games where we choked. Even some of the double digit losses were games we led at half or late but then fell apart for 10 minutes. Heck, the first UT game was like that. In an alternate universe we have 15 or 16 wins wondering how lucky UK is to have won so many tight games.
As long as they aint playing the Vols, I hope they win. ;)

VN Store

Back