The Official #19 Tennessee vs. Kentucky Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, CBS

If Tennessee had a history of getting to Final Fours, then I would agree that Barnes is underachieving with this program.

However, we’ve not had a coach that took us to a Final Four.

Pearl brought us great moments but it wasn’t all pretty. He got us into this mess and luckily Barnes fell into our laps at the right time.

We’re not an elite team but definitely not “garbage”.

I'm not for firing Barnes, but I also don't think he's doing anything right now which is magically unattainable for us with another coach. He's had two really good seasons here out of six with the rest just ok and I feel confident there are potential coaches for us who could go 8-6 in the conference if Barnes were to call it a day.

2nd...laughable to even mention the refs when you lose by 15. We saw some bad calls but I'm sure it wasn't 15 points worth.

It’s not just missed calls. It’s calling games consistently. Sometimes touching somebody is a foul. Sometimes knocking somebody to the floor is not.

Team sure, style of play, give me Tyndall all day and twice on Sunday.
Tyndall sucks. He couldn’t even post a winning season with a senior Josh Richardson. The greatest thing to ever happen to UT basketball was getting to fire him for free. Dumb hire by Dave Hart. He, and we, got extremely lucky that Texas made Barnes available because this program would be as bad as the football program otherwise.

Reactions: Orangeblood75
Tyndall sucks. He couldn’t even post a winning season with a senior Josh Richardson. The greatest thing to ever happen to UT basketball was getting to fire him for free. Dumb hire by Dave Hart. He, and we, got extremely lucky that Texas made Barnes available because this program would be as bad as the football program otherwise.
I do think we got lucky with Barnes. My other post, is basically lets maybe not expect FF and E8 and be happy with some S16. Its what Barnes is and has been in his career.

Reactions: Vol4life2
You gotta be a moron at this point to even have a discussion about replacing Barnes. The guy would get scooped up quickly if he wants. He would take his excellent staff with him.

Folks on here like UT is a blue blood when it doesn't have a single Final Four appearance. Barnes has consistently given us that chance to breakthrough and by all accounts it's looking better for the future.

Fulkerson and Pons won't be huge losses from a production standpoint. We just need to get some real size from someone that can walk and chew gum at the same time that fits Barnes character and team standards. I don't care if they only block shots. They just need to look intimidating. We'll take 2 or 3 with a single skill and see if a couple of these guys will transfer down a level.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I think his point was Barnes was fired for “underachieving” but his replacement has also underachieved since he’s been there.
Correct. This fanbase is addicted to firing coaches yet never understands that the most important thing is who you hire next.

Dude UK sucked balls in the second half; that's how bad we were today.
Yeah. I saw that. LOL. They made a ton of big shots at critical times. Stats are meaningless without detail. We played worse than them all day. It was a combination of our poor shooting on open shots and their stifling defense. It's a mistake to not believe they're capable of beating anyone.

It’s not just missed calls. It’s calling games consistently. Sometimes touching somebody is a foul. Sometimes knocking somebody to the floor is not.

Again it works both ways. Stop making excuses. We looked like garbage and that still doesn't stop Fulkerson from missing a front end of a 1 and 1 while Jackson and Sarr knock down FT after FT.

Reactions: tnvols72
Yeah. I saw that. LOL. They made a ton of big shots at critical times. Stats are meaningless without detail. We played worse than them all day. It was a combination of our poor shooting on open shots and their stifling defense. It's a mistake to not believe they're capable of beating anyone.

Kentucky did zilch in the 2nd half. That is how inept we were on offense.

Reactions: tnvols72
Yes, KY never has an advantage with officiating.
refs had nothing to do with this game and yes they sucked but you get that in every SEC game. Ky could not throw it in the ocean in the 2nd half and extended their lead from the FT line and Tn could not even make their FTs. Like I said earlier the real Ky 7-13 team showed up in the 2nd half and still won.

Reactions: BreatheUT

VN Store

Back