The Official #1 Tennessee vs Vandy SEC Tourney Game Thread (Thursday 7PM EST SEC NETWORK)

Everyone mentions some of the great teams that failed to win the College World Series or fail to even make it out of their regional or super regional.

What are some of the underdog teams in the past that surprised everyone by winning it all that nobody expected?
What about Fresno State? Weren’t they a regional 4 seed? Don’t remember the year but that run was crazy.

I’m just as upset that the Lady Vols lost as the next guy, but I’ve never understood that firing mentality thing. Dooley, Donnie Tyndall, it was pretty obvious. Somebody like Rick Barnes...get outta here!
Karen has put in her time and has earned a chance to bounce back imo.
Another thing that grates on me is singling out players. You win as a team and you lose as a team!
I am in no position to dog a kid, while sitting on my couch, drinking beer.🤷‍♂️
GBO!!
Well stated. Singling out players grates on my last nerve. 🍊🍊🍊👍🍊🍊🍊👍

softball forum is a tough place to post in. They have their regulars and they don’t care about people showing up to show support for just a game every now and then. That said I’m watching the game and hope our ladies pull it out.
That's pretty much any Lady Vol forum. The regulars somehow think it's their forum and their Lady Vols and any comment elicits a quick and possessive response...like 'get outta here, outsider'..lol. Some really weird folks there.

softball forum is a tough place to post in. They have their regulars and they don’t care about people showing up to show support for just a game every now and then. That said I’m watching the game and hope our ladies pull it out.
Yup. Honestly its the worst forum on the board, Im used to go in there every once in a while, but its just not worth it.

I’m telling you that’s why it’s always been hard for me to be a Vol fan. A coach can be the best in the world today and lose one game tomorrow and there are those, maybe not everyone, that wants to fire them. I lived around too many of them in Johnson city for 14 years
Every fan base has them, unfortunately. A vocal minority that in the end really understands little about how any specific sport works.

I’m telling you that’s why it’s always been hard for me to be a Vol fan. A coach can be the best in the world today and lose one game tomorrow and there are those, maybe not everyone, that wants to fire them. I lived around too many of them in Johnson city for 14 years
It's very unfortunate. Softball has been frustrating for the last few years, but getting rid of Karen would a dumb move. They tried that with Phil in 08 and look at what happened to football, let's let her be until her current deal expires then see where they should go from there.

Every fan base has them, unfortunately. A vocal minority that in the end really understands little about how any specific sport works.
What I'm afraid of is. If baseball doesn't end up winning it all how many of those people are going to go after Vitello? Like I get it it would be frustrating, but it's baseball which is as much a sport of luck as it is a sport of talent. Sometimes the ball just doesn't fall.

What I'm afraid of is. If baseball doesn't end up winning it all how many of those people are going to go after Vitello? Like I get it it would be frustrating, but it's baseball which is as much a sport of luck as it is a sport of talent. Sometimes the ball just doesn't fall.
Posts will be deleted as quickly as drive-bys post them……..:)

The Vols were the “Everything School” in the SEC this year

C4BC1118-21F9-4DF5-8B70-C826A80AF4D1.jpeg

This stat is an average of each school’s win % in conference play, across the 9 sports the SEC keeps track of W/L records, & at least 13 schools play in. Here’s the full breakdown:

01C71676-2B83-4D67-B241-FAEE83089C05.jpeg

The Vols were the “Everything School” in the SEC this year

View attachment 457445

This stat is an average of each school’s win % in conference play, across the 9 sports the SEC keeps track of W/L records, & at least 13 schools play in. Here’s the full breakdown:

View attachment 457446
Tennessee has much to offer collegiate athletes. We (as fans) have known this. We just needed to get the idiots out of the way.

I really don’t worry about what they think because they have so little understanding of what baseball entails. I suspect Tony knows these fans well enough that he puts little credence into what they say.

There better be a total of zero

Social media has made it to where every can have a voice and has made it much worse.

Guys!
Baseball is IT right now.
The only team sport still going. Individual track and tennis events remain but that's secondary
So the last sport standing is Tennessee's best sport.
We have the chance to have a phenomenal event to end a school year and kick off 2022-2023 with a boom
I want to see that damn NCAA trophy everywhere! MSU drug their copy all over central Mississippi.
I'm all in.!
Provided I can get into regionals and supers.
Already planning Omaha

Crazy song/video!! On a side note re: In ACC tourney (just cuz y'all have been very kind to me,) GT plays Pitt tomorrow at 11 AM. Jackets swept em in last series. Pitt will probably come out with a chip on the shoulder. I think GT can do it again. GBO!!!!
Go yella jackets!
GBO!!

That's pretty much any Lady Vol forum. The regulars somehow think it's their forum and their Lady Vols and any comment elicits a quick and possessive response...like 'get outta here, outsider'..lol. Some really weird folks there.
They once reported me for reading a public police report lol

Reactions: Juanita

Anyone that questions Vitello is a moron.

Tournament time is part skill, part luck, and there’s nothing saying a team like Kentucky can’t suddenly get hot and randomly win the SEC tournament or something.

Unfortunately, some people only see individual wins and losses rather than the overall body of work.

VN Store

Back