The Official #1 Tennessee vs Vandy SEC Tourney Game Thread (Thursday 7PM EST SEC NETWORK)

Looking at last year's bracket, why did Alabama flip to the 2nd bracket after beating TN?? Trying to figure out the scenarios for time and date if Vols win or lose game one.

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 2.22.25 PM.png

Reactions: VolPack22
Looking at last year's bracket, why did Alabama flip to the 2nd bracket after beating TN?? Trying to figure out the scenarios for time and date if Vols win or lose game one.

View attachment 457322
Essentially with one loss you're in the looser's bracket. They way they did this bracket it's really confusing. There are easier ways to show it.

Essentially with one loss you're in the looser's bracket. They way they did this bracket it's really confusing. There are easier ways to show it.

Is this right?

So we play Wednesday at 4:30. If we win, we play again Thursday, if we win Thursday (2-0) we don't play Friday, then single elimination Saturday, Championship on Sunday.

Lose 1 like last year and it becomes single elimination (play every day until we lose or win the championship)

After giving it some thought, I don’t really care if it’s the rebels or vandy boys. It’ll be fun kicking either one in the teeth, again!!
😎
GBO!!

I don't really mind either. IF they beat us once, they'll likely run into us again a 2 days later and we will smoke them the 2nd time (AKA. See Bama in Hoover last year)

On a softball note, Lady Vols drop the game to Oregon State - forcing decisive game 7 to see who advances to Super Regionals. Important to note... Stanford is 3 outs away from ending Alabama's season.. so LV's would host Supers if they can win game 7!

Is this right?

So we play Wednesday at 4:30. If we win, we play again Thursday, if we win Thursday (2-0) we don't play Friday, then single elimination Saturday, Championship on Sunday.

Lose 1 like last year and it becomes single elimination (play every day until we lose or win the championship)
I don't really like the idea of Saturday being single elimination, but I understand the reason they do it.

On a softball note, Lady Vols drop the game to Oregon State - forcing decisive game 7 to see who advances to Super Regionals. Important to note... Stanford is 3 outs away from ending Alabama's season.. so LV's would host Supers if they can win game 7!
Here at the if game...lets do this ladys!!🥎🍊🔥20220522_171825.jpg

VN Store

Back