The Official #1 Tennessee vs Vandy SEC Tourney Game Thread (Thursday 7PM EST SEC NETWORK)

I wish the baseball tourney was single elimination like softball. Would effect attendance but the good teams really don’t want to be there for little to gain.

Maybe go back to the old division tournaments only. The SEC is too interested in Alabama tourism than the best interests of their athletes.

I wish the baseball tourney was single elimination like softball. Would effect attendance but the good teams really don’t want to be there for little to gain.

Maybe go back to the old division tournaments only. The SEC is too interested in Alabama tourism than the best interests of their athletes.
I don’t like what money is doing to college sports.

BTW, Arkansas losing in Super regions did not have anything to do with them winning the SEC tournament 2 weeks earlier.

The lack of a reliable 3rd and 4th starter and over reliance on one tired arm did.

As we saw this weekend once again, a team that put up tons of runs one game almost always struggles in game to follow to score again.

BTW, Arkansas losing in Super regions did not have anything to do with them winning the SEC tournament 2 weeks earlier.

The lack of a reliable 3rd and 4th starter and over reliance on one tired arm did.

As we saw this weekend once again, a team that put up tons of runs one game almost always struggles in game to follow to score again.
Correct.
Once in Omaha, everyone is at the least, very solid at the plate and on the mound.
If we make it to Omaha, I really like our depth.
GBO!!

Also North Carolina State turned out to be a good team that would have been in the final had Coach “Check the Bat” not played ridiculous games with COVID rules.

That is a very pro “fire Karen” crowd for a team that has not only made it to every single ncaa tournament, but hosted regionals every single year.
softball forum is a tough place to post in. They have their regulars and they don’t care about people showing up to show support for just a game every now and then. That said I’m watching the game and hope our ladies pull it out.

Looking at last year's bracket, why did Alabama flip to the 2nd bracket after beating TN?? Trying to figure out the scenarios for time and date if Vols win or lose game one.

View attachment 457322
If you look at the Thursday column, the top half of the bracket is the Loser’s bracket while the bottom half is the Winner’s bracket. Florida-Alabama were in the Winner’s bracket for our side, while Arkansas-Vanderbilt were in the Winner’s bracket for Arkansas’ side. They aren’t actually flipping sides per se, but essentially making it a Loser’s bracket and Winner’s bracket. We will only play the teams from Bracket 2 (Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, LSU, Auburn, Kentucky) until we get to the Final.

If we win every game, just follow Arkansas’ path from last season’s tournament.

If we lose our first game, then we will be the 2nd game (Game 10) on Thursday. Win that game and we will be the 2nd game (Game 14) on Friday. Win that game and we will be the 2nd game (Game 16) on Saturday. Win that and we are in the Final.

If we win our first game and lose our 2nd game (Game 12), then we play the 2nd game (Game 14) on Friday. Win that game and we play the 2nd game (Game 16) on Saturday. Win that game and we are in the Final.

Correct.
Once in Omaha, everyone is at the least, very solid at the plate and on the mound.
If we make it to Omaha, I really like our depth.
GBO!!
Everyone mentions some of the great teams that failed to win the College World Series or fail to even make it out of their regional or super regional.

What are some of the underdog teams in the past that surprised everyone by winning it all that nobody expected?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I know it's a dead horse that has been beaten to death, but the depth of this team has me excited for the post season. A ton of really good teams have been in the position TN is in and failed to deliver because they faded late. I dont see that happening with this team even if our main horses fail our secondary horses are still really good and we even kind of have a third tier of horses. I mean how many teams gave 3 guys for Fri, 3 for Sat and 3 for Sunday that'd pretty unheard of but this team had it. We also have 5 starters that we could comfortably to go with at any point. I say all that to say this, buckle up it's about to be one hell of a ride

Everyone mentions some of the great teams that failed to win the College World Series or fail to even make it out of their regional or super regional.

What are some of the underdog teams in the past that surprised everyone by winning it all that nobody expected?
Immediately Coastal Carolina comes to mind.

VN Store

Back