The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

Let me start with Have NOT read this thread so you guys may have discussed it. What was the ruling NCAA used to remove Fur Coat from dugout area?
Basically the AA and SEC got their feelings hurt and dont like UT winning.
They want UT to tone it down. It would be nice to have a non-controversial, methodical blowout W tomorrow.
I'm surprised they didn't do it before regionals. They've already warned UT to contain the coat and hat to the dugout and wanted UT to stop it weeks ago. They went after other schools, too, but UT is the one that's really gotten under their skin. SEC has been an a$$ about it, too. They've been concerned about excessive celebrations causing "volatile" situations, and UT's fanbase is always the poster school for that, thanks to the media.

UT has known people were gunning for them and didn't take it seriously enough. I expect UT to focus their anger and take care of business tomorrow, with Omaha on the line. But if this is going to be nanny sports, they'd better ban those damn cowbells.
UT was actually told to keep the coat and hat in the dugout a while back. The players used to run them out to home plate and dance around, celebrating with the crowd. That rustled others intensely, so UT watered the celebration down weeks ago. The media still plays it up, though, showing it in the dugout, even though the players don't keep the coat or hat on long or make much ado about it at all, anymore.

Excited that it’s gameday! I think if our guys continue the same approach they had yesterday, they should be fine. ND is a great team and it will still be a battle. That said, I feel like our guys have the momentum with our home crowd and Drew back, I sincerely hope there will be no ejections today. The crew chief will behind home plate, so that’s something to monitor.

Happy that our bullpen is fresh so our guys can be all hands on deck. ND will also be ready with their bullpen. They won’t go quietly. I’ve a good feeling about today, It’s a good day to get another W!

They are looking at ND in their rear view mirror this morning. Hopefully they will still be eating dust this afternoon!

VN Store

Back