The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

He was trying to make a play. Nothing “hero ball” about it. 99% of the time the 3B job is to field everything they can get to hit in the hole, this was one of the 1% that was better served by the SS.
And the SS was having a bit of trouble delivering an accurate throw to first, no guarantee there either. Lipscomb made the correct play, just booted it…happens!!!

Just think, if Peyton Manning had just stayed away rather than going to Game 1 of the series, we'd be in the CWS....

For those not familiar, I don't blue font. Sarcasm is my default.

Pretty sure we have lost every football game Peyton has attended - and now baseball as well.
But I heard on "The Drive" that Peyton was in attendance at some important basketball wins the past number of seasons.

Anyone know if one of our legendary athletes has ever attended a win of any kind by any UT athletic team ?

I love Peyton like most Vol fans. Great career, huge contributions post college years both financially as well as bringing exposure to our University.
But there has always been something about Peyton's struggles in some bigger games. He really did panic in Gainesville in 1997.
Is he unintentionally bringing some negative energy to Tennessee's sports teams when he attends ?
Sports radio got real nervous when news that he would be in attendance at game 1 of the Super vs Notre Dame. laffs.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Pretty sure we have lost every football game Peyton has attended - and now baseball as well.
But I heard on "The Drive" that Peyton was in attendance at some important basketball wins the past number of seasons.

Anyone know if one of our legendary athletes has ever attended a win of any kind by any UT athletic team ?

I love Peyton like most Vol fans. Great career, huge contributions post college years both financially as well as bringing exposure to our University.
But there has always been something about Peyton's struggles in some bigger games. He really did panic in Gainesville in 1997.
Is he unintentionally bringing some negative energy to Tennessee's sports teams when he attends ?
Sports radio got real nervous when news that he would be in attendance at game 1 of the Super vs Notre Dame. laffs.

We've lost a hell of a lot of football games in recent years, whether Peyton was in attendance or not. By our logic, all of our football season ticket holders are jinxes, cause they were there for all the losses, too.

VN Store

Back