The Nick Saban Thread (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got to admit Rev . . . The Tide has hired some guys with the personality of a doorknob. (Saban, Dubose, Perkins, Stallings....)

Start all you want bud. i dare ya

Haha, I will spare you this time, as you don't know who I am.

200px-WillFerrell.jpg

I think that Saban has made a huge mistake returning to the SECW now that the O train is running in Oxford.

Let me remind all the quick to forget bammers. As I daily deal with the delusional hatred for Phil here in Birminghell, let me take this opportunity to remind all of the crimson nation of just one little teensie weensie thing...........................

Nick Saban was one of the coaches who while at the University of Michigan State, WROTE A LETTER TO THE NCAA COMPLAINING OF RECRUITING VIOLATIONS BEING COMMITTED BY THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA. And all we have heard for the last five years is how pitiful it is losing scholarships and being on probation. NICK SABAN HELPED PUT YOU THERE!!
Now please tell me that people have to learn to forget so I can throw Fulmer in your face. Or please give me the classic Bammer comeback As long as he wins I don't care!!

Let me remind all the quick to forget bammers. As I daily deal with the delusional hatred for Phil here in Birminghell, let me take this opportunity to remind all of the crimson nation of just one little teensie weensie thing...........................

Nick Saban was one of the coaches who while at the University of Michigan State, WROTE A LETTER TO THE NCAA COMPLAINING OF RECRUITING VIOLATIONS BEING COMMITTED BY THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA. And all we have heard for the last five years is how pitiful it is losing scholarships and being on probation. NICK SABAN HELPED PUT YOU THERE!!
Now please tell me that people have to learn to forget so I can throw Fulmer in your face. Or please give me the classic Bammer comeback As long as he wins I don't care!!

saban just did what fran did to bama, and saban will eventually do it at bama. someone will offer him a better job or more money and he'll take it.

saban just did what fran did to bama, and saban will eventually do it at bama. someone will offer him a better job or more money and he'll take it.

No college will be able to significantly top what Bama offered. He won't be welcome in the NFL anymore. He'll be in Tuscaloosa for awhile.

There is no guarantee he will win at Bama. He didn't at Miami and only had moderate sucess at Michigan State. The patience of the Bama fans will be very short.

Found this on another board. Very good fark. Carry on.

Attachments

• sabancash.jpg
    sabancash.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 65
This guy was ran out of Mich. St after the 1999 season. Saban took over LSU in 2000 with very good talent and had a very average FB team. In 2001 Saban's team finished in 3 way tie for SEC west division and backed into SECC game where they pulled off huge upset by beating Tennessee; actually game UT lost rather than LSU winning. In 2002 LSU was big favorite to win the SEC West division but blew the west division by losing to a very average Arkansas team in last regular season game. In 2003 LSU won the NC with an excellent senior laden team inherited from the previous LSU coaching staff. In 2004 LSU was huge favorite to win the SEC West division but choked in losing to Ole Miss/Ark coming down the stretch and finished 2nd in SEC West and then lost to an average Iowa team in bowl game - Saban's last game as LSU coach.

In Saban's 5 years at LSU his teams finished 4th - SEC West {2000}, SEC Champion {2001}, 3rd SEC W {2002}, NC {2003}, 3rd SEC W {2004}. On the surface that's not bad for a 5 year run, but when you consider that he bombed out in years 2000/2002/2004 it's not that stunning. In 2000 LSU was picked 2nd in SEC West division and finished 4th; in 2002/2004 LSU was favored to win SEC Championship and didn't even their own division.

I know Alabama fans are expecting the Tide to over take Auburn/LSU/Ark in 4 years. They may surpass Ark. within 4 years but will never catch LSU/AUB in the next 4 years. LSU/AUB have way too much young talent on hand and both are having a great recuiting class coming on board for 2007 which will keep both schools way ahead of Alabama. My guess is that 4 years from now Coach Saban is going to be catching a lot of heat from some of bama lunitic fans.

Saban is not someone to bank your recruiting on. He can win in college. Bama will perform better under him. But, no one dominates now the way Bama once did. Not in the SEC especially. Bama will have to face the fact that although they are still a major program, they will not ever be od time Bama again. And Saban won't be around long enough to see his first recruiting class graduate. Bama could have found a better long term fit. Saban is only a quick fix operating in his own time frame. Why would you recruit a coach at such a high salary that has never stayed long anywhere, and repeatedly denies his intentions. He has sung the same song everywhere he has been. The only saving grace is when he does leave Bama it won't be for a raise. That was the only smart move on Mal's part was to out price any on-comers looking to steal Saban in a couple of years. For someone as desparate as Bama, I just think they settled for gold plating, instead of real gold. They don't have a knack for hiring the right guy.

This guy was ran out of Mich. St after the 1999 season. Saban took over LSU in 2000 with very good talent and had a very average FB team. In 2001 Saban's team finished in 3 way tie for SEC west division and backed into SECC game where they pulled off huge upset by beating Tennessee; actually game UT lost rather than LSU winning. In 2002 LSU was big favorite to win the SEC West division but blew the west division by losing to a very average Arkansas team in last regular season game. In 2003 LSU won the NC with an excellent senior laden team inherited from the previous LSU coaching staff. In 2004 LSU was huge favorite to win the SEC West division but choked in losing to Ole Miss/Ark coming down the stretch and finished 2nd in SEC West and then lost to an average Iowa team in bowl game - Saban's last game as LSU coach.

In Saban's 5 years at LSU his teams finished 4th - SEC West {2000}, SEC Champion {2001}, 3rd SEC W {2002}, NC {2003}, 3rd SEC W {2004}. On the surface that's not bad for a 5 year run, but when you consider that he bombed out in years 2000/2002/2004 it's not that stunning. In 2000 LSU was picked 2nd in SEC West division and finished 4th; in 2002/2004 LSU was favored to win SEC Championship and didn't even their own division.

I know Alabama fans are expecting the Tide to over take Auburn/LSU/Ark in 4 years. They may surpass Ark. within 4 years but will never catch LSU/AUB in the next 4 years. LSU/AUB have way too much young talent on hand and both are having a great recuiting class coming on board for 2007 which will keep both schools way ahead of Alabama. My guess is that 4 years from now Coach Saban is going to be catching a lot of heat from some of bama lunitic fans.

Excellant synopsis.:thumbsup:

Nick Saban.... Pftt, so what? Mal Moore and the Bammer BoT plus all the unrealistic expectations from the moronic fans have and will continue to drag this program down.

Nick Saban dosent give a rats ass about Bama. To quote Al Yankovic, he's all about the Benjamin's...

This situation further erodes the character and integrity of UAT by the way they handled UAB's run at Jimbo Fisher. It is beyond outrageous that the Bammer Board of Trustees, led by Bryant Jr. deny UAB's bid for Fisher on grounds that he cost too much. When infact 1/2 of Fisher's proposed $600k salary was going to come from boosters. Now these scumbags go out and break the bank for Saban. - UAB should revolt if bamma goes after Jimbo for OC. I guess the tidenation will now have to look at the boosters harder than ever to pay the players now that the coffers are empty.

Bama reminds me of summer vacation. No class.

No college will be able to significantly top what Bama offered. He won't be welcome in the NFL anymore. He'll be in Tuscaloosa for awhile.

first off there are a few colleges that could offer competitive deals, but i doubt they would as it is unlikely any will be as desperate as bama was.

the nfl is always full of desperate teams, and if TO can keep getting picked up i refuse to count anyone out. if a team thinks a guy has a chance to help them win they'll get him, despite how he handled this situation. that and i think he wants to coach in the nfl, but at the dolphins he wasnt just the coach. he made every personnel decision and had to manage a 21 coach staff. that probably left little room for actual coaching. if he takes another nfl job he wont be the gm and the coach. the salary cap makes that nearly impossible.

that said he will probably be at alabama long enough to beat phil enough times that he'll have to retire and probably win a seccg or two. but he has never stayed in one place too long and i doubt they'll change that.

With Saban taking the Alabama job, UT will be able to chalk up another team that we'll be lucky to beat once every 5 years. Also, Saban's move to Alabama will lead to the end of Fulmer's career at UT within the next 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back