The Nick Saban Thread (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Saban's 5 years at LSU his teams finished 4th - SEC West {2000}, SEC Champion {2001}, 3rd SEC W {2002}, NC {2003}, 3rd SEC W {2004}. On the surface that's not bad for a 5 year run, but when you consider that he bombed out in years 2000/2002/2004 it's not that stunning. In 2000 LSU was picked 2nd in SEC West division and finished 4th; in 2002/2004 LSU was favored to win SEC Championship and didn't even their own division.

I would be delighted for Tennessee to bomb out every other year like that if you sandwich two SEC championships and a national championship in between.

He will be great for 4 or 5 years at Bama...then when a big NFL team offers him 8 million..he will be gone.

No NFL team will offer him a job again. Why would any NFL owner throw a lot of money at a guy who's already walked away from the pro game once because he liked college better?

I agree that this contract locks him in at Alabama for awhile. The only way he's not there for most of this contract is if he's so horrible that they decide to eat the $32m and cut him loose. Every cent of that contract is guaranteed, so it's hard to imagine how bad he'd have to be for that to happen.

No NFL team will offer him a job again. Why would any NFL owner throw a lot of money at a guy who's already walked away from the pro game once because he liked college better?

I agree that this contract locks him in at Alabama for awhile. The only way he's not there for most of this contract is if he's so horrible that they decide to eat the $32m and cut him loose. Every cent of that contract is guaranteed, so it's hard to imagine how bad he'd have to be for that to happen.

Also, he took a paycut to come back to the college game. So the idea that an NFL team could lure Saban back with more money is pretty baseless.

I have a feeling that SACS is going to be visting good ole T-town and look for a severe punishment from them to Bama

Just took a look at the tide boards...my eyes rolled to the back of my head about ten times. You would think by reading their remarks that Jesus Christ descended from heaven to coach the team. The main mod said this proves Bama as one of the four best jobs in the country and that this will give them more attention then the nc game. Seriously guys?...and you wonder why everyone makes fun of your fan base.

The funny thing is that they are ALREADY preparing for him to leave, saying his departure in five years (theyll be lucky if he stays that long) wont be a bad thing.

Its like dating someone you know wont work out in the long term, but the short term will be worth it. Bama fans cant see past tomorrow, obviously.

I love it they are already saying "He needs to get a little Humility, he isn't very much of a people person.
There were crowds of people at the airport, acting crazy, one lady was screaming, hugged him and kissed him, scared him to death. He was trying to get in the car and she said when are you going to start work, he said "I am already at work" she then kept asking for him to say Roll Tide, he finally mumbled "yeah ummm uh roll tide" I loved it. Then to find out the lady made the newspaper:

Colette Connell, one of the more exuberant fans at the airport, even had her own Saban cheer: “Praise the Lord, God is so good, Nick is now in the Bama hood."
Later that day, Connell was arrested for driving under the influence.

clip courtesy of the Tuscaloosa News.

I love it they are already saying "He needs to get a little Humility, he isn't very much of a people person.
There were crowds of people at the airport, acting crazy, one lady was screaming, hugged him and kissed him, scared him to death. He was trying to get in the car and she said when are you going to start work, he said "I am already at work" she then kept asking for him to say Roll Tide, he finally mumbled "yeah ummm uh roll tide" I loved it. Then to find out the lady made the newspaper:

Colette Connell, one of the more exuberant fans at the airport, even had her own Saban cheer: “Praise the Lord, God is so good, Nick is now in the Bama hood."

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

:lolabove:

32 Mil for 8 years. I guess with that salary the players will have to take a pay cut!

Just watch how those ticket prices will soar.

Anyone watching his press conference? Came out swinging by saying that all of those players you saw last night for LSU "were all primarily recruited by ME when I was there." :lol:

:eek:lol: :lolabove: :post-4-1090547912: :lol:

what I took away and noticed at the press conference.

1. He never one used the words University of Alabama, crimson tide, tide, or even roll tide. It was just we, I, that team.

2. He said it is great what has happened up til now, what other people up till now have done, but that was then and this is now. It is about the here and now.

3. His wife told him to tell everyone about their relationship with LSU and how that will affect the team now. He said that he had a close relationship with LSU and the people of LA and that will not change and that they need to respect that.

Lastly more than once, maybe 3-4 times he made it a point to say everyone needs to do THEIR part. He went out of his way to make sure they realized that they need to know their role, know where they stand, and do that and let him run his part.

3. His wife told him to tell everyone about their relationship with LSU and how that will affect the team now. He said that he had a close relationship with LSU and the people of LA and that will not change and that they need to respect that.

Sounds like someone wants his LSU job back :eek:lol: If Les has one bad year look for Saban to be the next coach.

Sounds like someone wants his LSU job back :eek:lol: If Les has one bad year look for Saban to be the next coach.

I can seriously see him taking the Alabama to wait until Miles is fired, then taking the LSU job back. It'd be the only other college job to intrigue him.

He made a point of saying that his next stop would be his Summer home on Lake Burton in north Georgia... how many other schools and teams have heard that line I wonder?

...she then kept asking for him to say Roll Tide, he finally mumbled "yeah ummm uh roll tide"

1. He never one used the words University of Alabama, crimson tide, tide, or even roll tide. It was just we, I, that team.

2. He said it is great what has happened up til now, what other people up till now have done, but that was then and this is now. It is about the here and now.

Very interesting. Saban and Alabama may not be such a good fit, culturally.

Everything will be fine as long as they're winning -- and by winning, I mean multiple SEC championships and a NC in the next five years, because that is what their expectations are now. Anything short of that and both parties in this marriage may get pretty sick of each other.

I can seriously see him taking the Alabama to wait until Miles is fired, then taking the LSU job back. It'd be the only other college job to intrigue him.

Good point -- I hadn't thought about LSU. I can absolutely see that, too. Saban gets sick of the RTR crowd, the bitching of people because he's only one one SEC championship and no NC yet, the LSU job comes open....it could happen.

With Saban taking the Alabama job, UT will be able to chalk up another team that we'll be lucky to beat once every 5 years. Also, Saban's move to Alabama will lead to the end of Fulmer's career at UT within the next 5 years.

OH FREAKIN SPARE ME! You sound like a bammer, posts like this make it painfully obvious that the number of posts has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of posts.

You sound like a fair weather fan that will be the first to stand up and say "I told you so!". Have a little faith in the Vols. I recall people saying the same thing when Spurrier came to SC. I personally am GLAD that Saban went, I think that the second coming will give the bamanation a false sense of security. Saban isn't is great as everyone thinks he is. When he was givin' parity - he failed. It will take at least 4 years for bama to get the kind of players it will need to be truly competitive on a national championship level or to achieve 10 win seasons EVERY year.

Mark my words, the bammers and the Bot will run him out of town before his 6th year. Every coach will be compared to Paul Bryant - and all will be found wanting.

i'll have to congrat the bamers if they can get saben. i'm 100% sure they will beat us next year if he is at the helm. hopefully he will turn them down. atleast they are not going to settle with being middle of the road.
Then please don't watch the game....Play with your Transformer collection or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back