The Nick Saban Thread (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VolNRaleighNC

Okay, so I'm a bit of a NegaVol at the moment of writing this but can I please request a package deal for Nick Saban from those Bammers:

Phil "I'm a waterhead and can only play with plastic scissors" Fulmer
Arian "I have an on-the-field drinking problem and can't secure the football" Foster :pardon: (okay...that was mean, my bad)
Lucas "I don't think I've ever played football...just lettered in hot potato" Taylor
Mike "I'm leading the program into the ground :flush: ...and I'm also a waterhead" Hamilton :iamwithstupid:

...Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know, I know. I tad bit too harsh. My apologies. Sort of. In my jest to those above I do apologize...but I am dead serious. I would take Saban in a trade for Fulmer and Hamilton in a heartbeat.

We are in serious TROUBLE (on the field and in recruiting) if Saban is BAMMER...only 'til the end of the day to find out

Lucas Taylor was ok as a freshmen, but I noticed this year that he really isn't that good as a WR. He dropped more passes than I can count, looked like he was scared to take a hit, and ran backwards when we needed first downs. I just don't know about him anymore.

Lucas Taylor was ok as a freshmen, but I noticed this year that he really isn't that good as a WR. He dropped more passes than I can count, looked like he was scared to take a hit, and ran backwards when we needed first downs. I just don't know about him anymore.
The TD pass to Coker against UF was Taylors lone highlight for 2006.

i'll have to congrat the bamers if they can get saben. i'm 100% sure they will beat us next year if he is at the helm. hopefully he will turn them down. atleast they are not going to settle with being middle of the road.

I can recall a bumper sticker during one of the early low points of the Majors era: "Go, Johnny! Go! (and take DeVoe!)"

plus ca change

I can recall a bumper sticker during one of the early low points of the Majors era: "Go, Johnny! Go! (and take DeVoe!)"

plus ca change

well i think we are at the late points of the fulmer era and from what i'm hearing and seeing people for the most part realize the team is going nowhere.

You think UT is bad..you should check out the Michigan boards! They finished 10-2, with a 3 point loss AT Ohio State and they want Carr to resign!

i used to live in toledo ohio, i know the fans. they were ready to can him when they lost to OSU. that is his problem tressel owns him.

Then you remember when Carr used to own Cooper!

yep and that finally got the best of coop. just like you can say, saban, richt, tubberville, spurrier all own phil. anymore i don't look so much at the teams we play as to the coach on the other sideline. when there is a good coach on the other sideline bet against UT it is easy money.

Field Goal Phil gets outcoached almost everygame. No passion and no guts. 4th and 2 and he kicks a FG on the first drive?!?!? Have some guts show your team you believe in them don't settle for a FG.

Field Goal Phil gets outcoached almost everygame. No passion and no guts. 4th and 2 and he kicks a FG on the first drive?!?!? Have some guts show your team you believe in them don't settle for a FG.

Playcalling like that cost Shula his job (and getting beat by Auburn 4 straight times). At least y'all were beat by a good Penn St. team...not a 6-6 average team. I hope we get Saban, but I'm not holding my breath after the RR debacle.

You think UT is bad..you should check out the Michigan boards! They finished 10-2, with a 3 point loss AT Ohio State and they want Carr to resign!

Carr is 1-5 in his last 6... and he has to face it... Tressel is going to show up for the big game every single time...

But at least Carr has championships.

....and UT slides down another notch in the SEC.
It will take him a year or two to get things righted down there. If Hamilton wises up and upgrades the UT staff within that timeframe I'd say the Vols have a chance to stay in contention with 'em.

Carr is 1-5 in his last 6... and he has to face it... Tressel is going to show up for the big game every single time...

But at least Carr has championships.
People seem to forget that Carr was on the hotseat bigtime at the beginning of this season.

It will take him a year or two to get things righted down there. If Hamilton wises up and upgrades the UT staff within that timeframe I'd say the Vols have a chance to stay in contention with 'em.

They almost beat us with Shula this year. If Saban were there next year, I have no doubt they will be favored to win.

Everywhere I am going to seek corroboration is jammed up with heavy traffic, Miami Dolphin boards and Bama boards. Something is happening. Old TennStud on the Scout board says a press conference on ESPN is eminent. Take it for what it's worth.

He signed the papers about an hour ago. Details to follow. Thanks everyone for making this dream come true!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back