The Lady Vols will be ranked.

We should have have been ranked above Northwestern and Texas..

I don’t think our win over LSU counted toward that voting. I’m not certain but I think the votes are closed before the Sunday games. I could be wrong though. Says 8-1 but most of the votes were cast before we went to 2-0 in SEC play. I figured we would be 22/23 this week and we are.

If we win on Thursday and Sunday we have a good shot to move into the top 15.

One of my favorite gifs. Well, except when its about me...lol.
Forums have a tendency to highlight differences of opinions. Not really sure I've ever felt the need to attempt to persuade someone not to participate.
Totally different if someone comes around trolling, there's a report function and Freak and the other admins seem to do a good job cleaning up those issues.
I remember how rough some of the espn Lady Vol game conversations would get. There were some serious trolls lurking about those threads. Pretty sure that had a lot to do with espn just scrapping those.

Forums have a tendency to highlight differences of opinions. Not really sure I've ever felt the need to attempt to persuade someone not to participate.
Totally different if someone comes around trolling, there's a report function and Freak and the other admins seem to do a good job cleaning up those issues.
I remember how rough some of the espn Lady Vol game conversations would get. There were some serious trolls lurking about those threads. Pretty sure that had a lot to do with espn just scrapping those.
I guess the definition of trolling is different for each poster. I really don't think I troll, I just express my opinion, even if it's negative. But I'm never rude (that I can remember, well except for Coach Jumper once in a while, but I've stopped that) and I never make personal attacks on the players (like their hair).

Some posters feel that if you say negative things you are a troll especially if your first fandom is not the Lady Vols, As most know here mine first team is RU, but my second team is Tennessee. I've been a fan of the Lady Vols for a long time, mainly because of Pat. But I guess that doesn't matter.

I think a difference of opinion is a good thing as long as there is no insulting comments.

Hey, if most posters here want me gone I would leave, but I think with the 1200 likes I have, I don't think that is the majority.

I really don't care that much about rankings but it at least means your winning. I think we'll be about 22 or 23 in the poll.

You and I were correct it appears. I’m thinking the LSU game didn’t go toward this round of voting. If we win Thursday against UGA we should move into the top 20.

If we beat Bama Sunday I think the following week we may move into the top 15. Even if we lose to UCONN but we would have to keep it close. If it’s a blowout is really the only way it can hurt us.

A lot of “IFs” in there lol.

Truly believe we will beat UGA Thursday. The only good team they have played is MSST, a game they lost. I think we will see MSST take two steps back here pretty quick. They haven’t looked great.

We matchup better with UGA and their guards are not nearly as quick as Pointer. They have all had injuries and don’t have that incredibly quick first step like her. Morrison is maybe the closest but she doesn’t have the consistent motor like Pointer.

Really worried about Bama.

You and I were correct it appears. I’m thinking the LSU game didn’t go toward this round of voting. If we win Thursday against UGA we should move into the top 20.

If we beat Bama Sunday I think the following week we may move into the top 15. Even if we lose to UCONN but we would have to keep it close. If it’s a blowout is really the only way it can hurt us.

Truly believe we will beat UGA Thursday. The only good team they have played is MSST, a game they lost. I think we will see MSST take two steps back here pretty quick. They haven’t looked great.

We matchup better with UGA and their guards are not nearly as quick as Pointer. They have all had injuries and don’t have that incredibly quick first step like her. Morrison is maybe the closest but she doesn’t have the consistent motor like Pointer.

GA has 3-4 guards that can go right by you. I`m not saying your wrong all i`m saying is the way Rae and Marta likes to dribble and force there way to the basket could lead to another turnover outbreak. They need to take what the defense gives them. With that said GA is like TN they turn the ball over a lot to.

Georgia looks steadier this year, and I think it all comes down to how well they can defend Staiti. I remember they shut her down but good last year. If they take her out of the game, I don't see Georgia posing much of a threat. Alabama is a different story altogether. They are playing like a top 5 conference team, but have a Murderer's Row sequence coming up with MSST, Tennessee, UK, SC rematch and Georgia over their next 6 games. If they can win 2 of those games, I think they are a tournament team.

The SEC leaderboard is starting to become clearer, and I think it's safe to say that TAMU and SC have established themselves as the teams to beat. I wouldn't be surprised if both are undefeated in conference play when they face off in the last game of the season. TAMU in particular is playing much more team basketball than they did when Chennedy was there and their top 7 are very evenly balanced. Any player can take over in any given game. SC will live or die by Aliyah, but she's a handful. Kentucky is probably the third best, but more vulnerable to upsets from the teams right beneath them than SC/TAMU would be.

MSST will find out how good they are with Alabama, TAMU and SC as their next three games. I thought coming into the season that they could threaten SC as the best team, but they've taken a step backwards under Nikki...but the pieces are there. They might want to think about sending Sidney Cooks to the bench and starting Wiggins or Hayes. I think the Cooks/Carter tandem has not been successful.

I think when the dust settles, it will be SC, TAMU, UK and MSST as the top 4. Will Tennessee's missed games against UK #1 and TAMU be rescheduled, I wonder? If not, I will pick them to finish in the top 4.

I think that most voters don't look at how a team plays in a specific game. Like many here to them a win is a win. Nothing more nothing less. If you beat a team ahead of you in the rankings, it will help. Otherwise, if you win, you will move up if a team above you moves down.

Voters are really lazy.

I think that most voters don't look at how a team plays in a specific game. Like many here to them a win is a win. Nothing more nothing less. If you beat a team ahead of you in the rankings, it will help. Otherwise, if you win, you will move up if a team above you moves down.

Voters are really lazy.
I highly doubt that, especially when you lose a game. Kentucky would have dropped further if not for the fact that they played SC to the wire. Same for Arkansas with their loss to TAMU.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Georgia looks steadier this year, and I think it all comes down to how well they can defend Staiti. I remember they shut her down but good last year. If they take her out of the game, I don't see Georgia posing much of a threat. Alabama is a different story altogether. They are playing like a top 5 conference team, but have a Murderer's Row sequence coming up with MSST, Tennessee, UK, SC rematch and Georgia over their next 6 games. If they can win 2 of those games, I think they are a tournament team.

The SEC leaderboard is starting to become clearer, and I think it's safe to say that TAMU and SC have established themselves as the teams to beat. I wouldn't be surprised if both are undefeated in conference play when they face off in the last game of the season. TAMU in particular is playing much more team basketball than they did when Chennedy was there and their top 7 are very evenly balanced. Any player can take over in any given game. SC will live or die by Aliyah, but she's a handful. Kentucky is probably the third best, but more vulnerable to upsets from the teams right beneath them than SC/TAMU would be.

MSST will find out how good they are with Alabama, TAMU and SC as their next three games. I thought coming into the season that they could threaten SC as the best team, but they've taken a step backwards under Nikki...but the pieces are there. They might want to think about sending Sidney Cooks to the bench and starting Wiggins or Hayes. I think the Cooks/Carter tandem has not been successful.

I think when the dust settles, it will be SC, TAMU, UK and MSST as the top 4. Will Tennessee's missed games against UK #1 and TAMU be rescheduled, I wonder? If not, I will pick them to finish in the top 4.

I believe they intentionally carved out time at the end of the SEC season for teams to play makeup games.

SC now needs to make up at least two games as well. They need to play us and UGA at some point.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I highly doubt that, especially when you lose a game. Kentucky would have dropped further if not for the fact that they played SC to the wire. Same for Arkansas with their loss to TAMU.

i think Ark has a great chance of getting A&M next go round...

Last edited:
I believe they intentionally carved out time at the end of the SEC season for teams to play makeup games.

SC now needs to make up at least two games as well. They need to play us and UGA at some point.

Makes sense. I see SC on the schedule already. I didn't think they were supposed to play Tennessee until later in the season. Did you mean TAMU?

IMO, if someone is constantly apologizing for comments that irritate other posters, and then continue to paint themselves as the innocent victim of mean ol' homers, that's a problem. I guess I'd just had enough of watching the almost-daily cycle of 'Nut making comments that overstep the boundaries of how a visitor should behave, then immediately acting incredulous that anyone could be offended, then moving to saying he's sorry if something he said offended anyone, to then saying he'll do better next time.... to then actually jumping into a thread elsewhere with a "poor me, I'm so misunderstood,' sympathy-seeking comment that it is a broken record. Seriously, the number of times I've watched that cycle take place is unbelievable.

GA has 3-4 guards that can go right by you. I`m not saying your wrong all i`m saying is the way Rae and Marta likes to dribble and force there way to the basket could lead to another turnover outbreak. They need to take what the defense gives them. With that said GA is like TN they turn the ball over a lot to.

I’ve watched UGA several times now. Their guard play is inconsistent. None of them are as quick as Pointer by a long shot. None of them have that attack and finish mentality like Pointer so I think we will keep them in front much better.

About half of both Connally and Caldwell’s shots have come from 3 compared to less than a quarter for Pointer. Just not their game.

Really don’t think they are that talented. All 3 have regressed over their careers at UGA. Taylor is not a guards coach.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
they lost to Miami today 59-69

Why is Courtney Banghart not under the same scrutiny as Kellie? Many advocated for her to be our head coach, but every time UNC loses to a bad team, no one has anything to say. Oh, you’re waiting for her recruits to come? But you’re not awaiting for Kellie’s?

What is with this double standard?

CONGRATS TO THE LADY VOLS FOR GETTING BACK INTO THE TOP 25!!!!

Yes, we all hope that soon "getting back into the Top 25" isn't something we've had to aspire to but is a constant position again, the team having clawed back to the list means that there won't be another negative "first" to add to the list of negative firsts the program marked in the last decade.

I'll be honest. I was a little worried that a couple of bad losses would leave Tennessee in the awful position of playing an entire season without ever being ranked in the Top 25. But that didn't happen. The Lady Vols can still climb with a couple more big wins (as long as they don't slip against an opponent they are favored to beat), but for now I'm just happy they will continue the streak of continuous seasons of being ranked in the Top 25 at some point.

I’ve watched UGA several times now. Their guard play is inconsistent. None of them are as quick as Pointer by a long shot. None of them have that attack and finish mentality like Pointer so I think we will keep them in front much better.

About half of both Connally and Caldwell’s shots have come from 3 compared to less than a quarter for Pointer. Just not their game. On the dribble drive they aren’t as talented at finishing either.

I`m not saying they are quick as Pointer. But Coombs , Connally , Morrison can get to the basket with no problem. And yes there guard play is inconsistent but TN get`s hurt because of the lack of foot speed on defense. Should we win the game yes because i think we the better team.

Reactions: VolBall09
Maybe for some voters but I would bet there are many that didn’t take into consideration the fact that Tennessee barely beat a 4-5 unranked team.

And they couldn’t have taken I to consideration the almost 50 point loss for Texas against an unranked West Virginia team. They only dropped 4 spots.

People
Why is Courtney Banghart not under the same scrutiny as Kellie? Many advocated for her to be our head coach, but every time UNC loses to a bad team, no one has anything to say. Oh, you’re waiting for her recruits to come? But you’re not awaiting for Kellie’s?

Who wanted Banghart at UT ? I dont recall , but i know the biggest concern with these 2 were the recruiting differences. Banghart can recruit but Kellie is a better coach #Period

I can only answer for myself, but as a Tennessee fan I haven't put any thought into Banghart's job performance. And even if I cared at all, I don't think I'd be bringing it up on this board. If UNC was on our schedule maybe there would be interest in talking about her here -- or maybe not.

Reactions: FabSmokyVol

say it a little louder!!!!!

I can only answer for myself, but as a Tennessee fan I haven't put any thought into Banghart's job performance. And even if I cared at all, I don't think I'd be bringing it up on this board. If UNC was on our schedule maybe there would be interest in talking about her here -- or maybe not.
they are gonna be on our schedule next season.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
IMO, if someone is constantly apologizing for comments that irritate other posters, and then continue to paint themselves as the innocent victim of mean ol' homers, that's a problem. I guess I'd just had enough of watching the almost-daily cycle of 'Nut making comments that overstep the boundaries of how a visitor should behave, then immediately acting incredulous that anyone could be offended, then moving to saying he's sorry if something he said offended anyone, to then saying he'll do better next time.... to then actually jumping into a thread elsewhere with a "poor me, I'm so misunderstood,' sympathy-seeking comment that it is a broken record. Seriously, the number of times I've watched that cycle take place is unbelievable.

He hides behind his likes that, ironically, were given him while he screwed with posters and LV fans.

People

Who wanted Banghart at UT ? I dont recall , but i know the biggest concern with these 2 were the recruiting differences. Banghart can recruit but Kellie is a better coach #Period

Several people wanted her at UT and she is brought up when UNC gets a nice win or lands a nice recruit. But she’s never mentioned when they have a bad loss so I was wondering what’s up with that. As I’ve come to expect with this board, they’ll only bring her up again when there’s something nice to say. Oh my, what if Lady Vol fans took this same approach with their own coach.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back