The Lady Vols will be ranked.

We had to cancel last year's Christmas family gathering over Covid concerns. Reading this thread brings back that nostalgic feeling and mood.

A bunch of related folks (some closely; some distantly) sitting around the dinner table or the living room with about five conversations going on at once.

Thanks, LV Family! :cool:

Reactions: Border Vol
That was the best game I have seen them play in years.
Their coach has that "fire in the belly" mentality she had as a player. She learned from the legend and is hands on coaching throughout the game. It looks like this team is bonded and really likes each other. Good on Coach Harper, her staff and the players.

Of course you will be ranked. You've got this great win and an ESPN game coming up. I can see the promos now. "TOP 25 MATCHUP WITH TWO LONG TIME RIVALS" Actually I called you guys being in the top 25 by the UConn game over on the Boneyard. The primary comments were that you'll never beat Arky. You guys are making me look like an insider or something. :cool:
LSU is 4-5. Don’t think they are ranked or will be.

Go check out the posters other posts on things not basketball related...

You will see it isn’t about the players or coaches ability but about other things. click on the users name and then messages it may become a little more clear.

But seriously two top 15 wins I think getting there won’t be a problem like stated😂

Lol...This is WOMENS College Basketball. We’re a top 25 Team EASY in WOMENS College Basketball.

I was thinking like 18th/19th

of course first thing is first and that’s LSU

Yes, have to beat LSU. Do you know if that game will even go towards this week though? I’m not sure but I think someone mentioned the run a bit behind.

I’m thinking we just crack the Top 25 this week. Likely 22/23.

Reactions: T.J. and Volfan2012
Yes, have to beat LSU. Do you know if that game will even go towards this week though? I’m not sure but I think someone mentioned the run a bit behind.

I’m thinking we just crack the Top 25 this week. Likely 22/23.

Good question ... i usually see updated records when the rankings come out so i thought they did.

I think we can go higher i wouldn’t be surprised at 18/19 as a high but probably more like 20-21

That top twenty iz RAT POISON! :mad:
:cool:

Maybe I don’t know what I am talking about, but at this point I see a team that knows their roles and has bought in. Why 16 well a good defensive team, plays hard can compete with anyon. However, as with ANY team if you do not secure the ball consistently good teams are going to beat you. I saw a team determined to control the game and the ball, they easily accomplished that. Turnovers has killed us for years. Horston looks like she has decided to become what we all know she can be. Horston is improving game by game and looks be a joy to coach. Tournament time will once again be of great interest. GO BIG 🍊

LSU win gets us ranked otherwise no. The next game is Georgia a win against them could get us in the top 20.

Does anyone think we will still be ranked after that performance? The biggest obstacle is that the bottom to the top 25 has won this week with some really big wins or didn’t play.

Personally I don’t think so due to who most likely won’t fall out of the Top 25.

Missouri State is hanging on a thread at 25 but continues to win into conference play. 24 Syracuse hasn’t played due to covid and is the most likely to fall out to us in my opinion!

With West Virginia absolutely destroying 17 Texas I believe they will enter around 17. That’s good for us considering it’s our only loss. But that drops Texas so who do they knock out. Maybe Us?

Georgia and Alabama make strong cases to be ranked as well and have played fewer cupcakes than us but don’t have the signature wins.

Ok State currently leads the Big12 Conference standings and beat WVU. With only 2 losses to good teams as well (Alabama and Tulsa)

It’s just such a tight race around the top 20-30 mark

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Michigan State dropped both games this week, so that's one spot. Missouri State is only 4 and 2 and both losses are to two unranked teams. That's why UT won't be top 20 in 1 week. UGA is 10 and 1 and had more votes than us in both polls last week. The UGA game is huge for UT this week.

I really don't care that much about rankings but it at least means your winning. I think we'll be about 22 or 23 in the poll.

Reactions: VolBall09

VN Store

Back