The Lady Vols will be ranked.

Oversimplification central here: the LVs were rank, therefore they will not be ranked.

Am I crazy to believe that the Lady Vols have an outside shot of remaining in the Top 25 this week? Texas and Washington State had bad weeks, and I think that today's mauling of Alabama will put Tennessee at #24 or #25 in advance of the UConn game.
We should still be ranked, not only did the teams lose that you've mentioned but Miss State dropped another one as well.

Both UGA and West Virginia are very close to being ranked and both might be come tomorrow. UT lost as we all know to WVA on the road in OT and by 1 at home vs UGA. Plus UT plays UCONN Thursday, voters may push the LV up a tad.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Today was a statement game. I expect they will remain ranked. Might even climb up a spot or two.

If ESPN has any influence, we will be ranked for rating's sake with the upcoming game the network loves to hype.

If we were 11-0 at this point, you'd see some hard shovelin' from the network marketing dept.

Last edited:
Another week, and another tense day as our hypervigilant fans wait to see if Tennessee remains a fringe top 25 team...

source.gif

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I will be totally surprised if were not ranked with Georgia possibly moving into the top 20.

UGA moves up to #22 and we drop to #25. Look for UGA to slide the next two weeks. They really aren’t a very good team. Bothers me that we didn’t finish that game. The first half showed you how bad they are. Second half showed how bad we can play.

I think UGA is at high risk for losing their next 5 in a row. They have SC, Arkansas, LSU, A&M and Alabama coming up. Kinda hope they do well since we dropped that game to them but I don’t think they’re as good as their record indicates.

Looking forward to our re-match with them later this season. Think we will be ready to sock it to them after that debacle in Knoxville. Hope we win the re-match big as that should have been a 20+ point win if we had not imploded.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Northwestern should not be ranked. Their only decent win is over Iowa. Iowa State in front of us with 4 losses just because they beat Baylor. South Dakota State is 11 and 2 and beat Iowa State, they should be ranked over them. Iowa State also were beat down by Texas. Mississippi State shouldn't be either, and Arkansas has 4 losses and is still 15th.🤔😂🤣 The women's poll is a joke and even believe Mechelle Voepal said as much in a recent article. I'd vote West Virginia and SDSt in over some of these teams, possibly even Bama.

Northwestern should not be ranked. Their only decent win is over Iowa. Iowa State in front of us with 4 losses just because they beat Baylor. South Dakota State is 11 and 2 and beat Iowa State, they should be ranked over them. Iowa State also were beat down by Texas. Mississippi State shouldn't be either, and Arkansas has 4 losses and is still 15th.🤔😂🤣 The women's poll is a joke and even believe Mechelle Voepal said as much in a recent article. I'd vote West Virginia and SDSt in over some of these teams, possibly even Bama.

I wouldnt give MV too much credit shes a UCONN homer and westcoast biased reporter. She never reports anything good about the LV's keep her on the boneyard.

We will stay ranked i believe solely based on the fact the ESPN game coming up with UCONN.
And we come out at #25....its all about the storyline baby! Are we better than 24 other teams ABSOLUTELY , but do we deserve it right now ? Not so sure , id rather go unranked the entire season to give this team something to prove. They seem to play better when they think no one has expectations IMO.

I wouldnt give MV too much credit shes a UCONN homer and westcoast biased reporter. She never reports anything good about the LV's keep her on the boneyard.
I am pretty sure MV covered Big 12 basketball and is from the Midwest. Either way I usually agree with most things she says and enjoy reading her articles.

Reactions: Bret178

VN Store

Back