The Jarrett Guarantano hate

Sorry, 7 of 8 isn't bad. How come the QB at GA didn't beat all those teams, how is it possible that TN was the only team lucky enough to win 6 in a row vs the weak teams they played, were we the only ones that won that many simply because of the schedule? Gtfoh with that crap, winning 6 games in a row was a big deal and it'll get even bigger if we stretch that to 10+, something I think we just might do, you obviously think it was a nothing accomplishment and I guess believe it'll likely end pretty quickly with JG at QB.
Auburn started 5-0 vs 2 top 25 teams with a true freshman QB.Memphis 7-0 streak to end 2019 3 too 25 teams.. Thats why your heroic 6 games streak against the bottom of the SEC is not held in the same regard by many as it is by you

Last edited:
LOL. You're seriously now arguing that JG did a better job than Jake Fromm? He lost ONE game the whole regular season to USC in overtime. Tell me what coach in the country would take JG or JF? That's some serious cherry picking dude. You should go into politics.
Nobody is cherry picking, you made the point that the schedule is the only reason we won over the weak teams and I said it was BS as Fromm and one of the best teams in the country lost their winning streak to a team JG torched. You claimed the streak was bogus and I showed that it was much more difficult than you say. Nobody compared the 2 and it's a simple thought to get that from that take.

So you’re admitting you inflated to make your point...now they’re UDFAs?
at worst....easy. I said potentially NFL players. If they get looked at even in trainig camp thats NFL talent... JJ is a practice squad player. He has NFL talent

Right. He's proved to be the most capable of the currently inept group on campus. Of course, the others haven't started shaving yet, so they have a decent excuse.
Doesn't matter what the excuses are, it's not JGs fault. He just kept his head down and went to work. It would have been nice to see BM come in with added weight and strength and a better understanding of the playbook but I've not seen any offseason reports that he worked on those things, JT has seemingly improved according to the coaches, a good sign considering all he needs is experience as he's just not played much football his whole life.

Terribly bad and he's played his roll in that but so has every other position group those 2 seasons, not sure we even had an All-SEC 1st teamer in '17 or '18. If Vols go 7-3 or better this year then his last 2 seasons with competent rosters and quality coaching will turn out to be pretty good. We were a bad overall football team in '17 and '18.
I can't figure out what point you're trying to prove? Everyone on here has seen him play and it ain't pretty. We all know he's the starting QB this year due to not much competition and I think just about everyone is hoping he has improved. Doesn't mean we're happy about it. Our offense has been anemic at best with him under center. We all want to see him do well this year, but his past performances don't inspire a lot of confidence.

His stats aren’t too bad, good completion % and 32 TDs v 13 picks. Not terrible.

So I think the dislike comes down to wins and losses. In his 3 seasons as the main guy, starting or playing in a vast majority of the games, the overall record is 17-20. 7-17 in the SEC.

That’s bad, real bad.

32 TDs, in 32 games. That's pretty bad for DI starting QB going into his 4th year of play.

Nobody is cherry picking, you made the point that the schedule is the only reason we won over the weak teams and I said it was BS as Fromm and one of the best teams in the country lost their winning streak to a team JG torched. You claimed the streak was bogus and I showed that it was much more difficult than you say. Nobody compared the 2 and it's a simple thought to get that from that take.

That's not really proving the schedule wasn't weak. That's proving Georgia choked one game. That SC loss for Georgia was really, really bad.

Still, I think last year's team winning that many games in a row was still a decent enough accomplishment, given how the season started. Did we get lucky? Sure, but we also should have beaten BYU so I'm fine with getting lucky against Indiana.

I can't figure out what point you're trying to prove? Everyone on here has seen him play and it ain't pretty. We all know he's the starting QB this year due to not much competition and I think just about everyone is hoping he has improved. Doesn't mean we're happy about it. Our offense has been anemic at best with him under center. We all want to see him do well this year, but his past performances don't inspire a lot of confidence.
That's just it, his past performances are not near as bad as the neverJG crew makes them out to be. We can win with JG and that's been proven the last 6 games, his stats show that he's indeed serviceable and given more attempts should produce in the top half of the conference in passing. He's tough, loves UT and is apparently working to get better. If he were a country boy from Nashville our fanbase would adore him for his toughness and loyalty to the program. I also believe we have fans that still think he's a bad kid because of how he looked on national TV when dumbass Jones started Dormandy over him. These neverJG will never say they hate him but they certainly have no problem crapping all over him while swooning over kids who will likely never accomplish anything in Knoxville.

It’s one of the big negatives on him for sure. Some of our redzone issues are due to being terrible running it the past 3 years, but JG hasn’t been good near the goal line.

Running issues aside, he's consistently averaging being responsible for 7 PPG with his passing, and a non-existent ability to run for a touchdown himself.

I don't see how anyone looks at those numbers and says, "yeah let's go for another year of trying to play a QB who throws one TD a game", instead of hoping that the coaching staff is competent enough to move on and recruit/develop a better option.

How are we in year 3, and don't have a better QB option than a RS Senior who is only good for 1 TD/game?

I’m sure he’s a good kid, but he sucks at football.

wow, takes a big man to post a twenty something sucks at something over the internet. major props bro, you're such a badass, and you have over 80 likes, says a lot about how far we've come lol...again wow

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Doesn't matter what the excuses are, it's not JGs fault. He just kept his head down and went to work. It would have been nice to see BM come in with added weight and strength and a better understanding of the playbook but I've not seen any offseason reports that he worked on those things, JT has seemingly improved according to the coaches, a good sign considering all he needs is experience as he's just not played much football his whole life.

Yeah, it's never JG's fault.

Bottom line: We need a difference maker at QB. We don't currently have one.

Reactions: BreatheUT
wow, takes a big man to post a twenty something sucks at something over the internet. major props bro, you're such a badass, and you have over 80 likes, says a lot about how far we've come lol...again wow
It also says a lot about where we are that so many people can get their panties in a giant wad because someone stated the obvious and it wasn't a flattering compliment.

at worst....easy. I said potentially NFL players. If they get looked at even in trainig camp thats NFL talent... JJ is a practice squad player. He has NFL talent
You’re treading down a illogical path with your point man....You could literally throw the work potential in front of any SEC player and say that they are potentially and NFL player. JG is “potentially” an NFL player. Nathan Peterman was “potentially” an NFL player.

That's just it, his past performances are not near as bad as the neverJG crew makes them out to be. We can win with JG and that's been proven the last 6 games, his stats show that he's indeed serviceable and given more attempts should produce in the top half of the conference in passing. He's tough, loves UT and is apparently working to get better. If he were a country boy from Nashville our fanbase would adore him for his toughness and loyalty to the program. I also believe we have fans that still think he's a bad kid because of how he looked on national TV when dumbass Jones started Dormandy over him. These neverJG will never say they hate him but they certainly have no problem crapping all over him while swooning over kids who will likely never accomplish anything in Knoxville.
His past performances are pretty bad, dude. He constantly misses open receivers, underthrows on most attempts, stares down his primary option and forces it into double coverage on a regular basis. I get that you like the kid a lot, but to date, he's not a very good QB. Would love to see him become one!

You’re treading down a illogical path with your point man....You could literally throw the work potential in front of any SEC player and say that they are potentially and NFL player. JG is “potentially” an NFL player. Nathan Peterman was “potentially” an NFL player.
Fine you can take Tatum and Johnson out as wait and see...but that still leave 3 NFL lineman Smith Kendrick and Robertson..

Auburn started 5-0 vs 2 top 25 teams with a true freshman QB.Memphis 7-0 streak to end 2019 3 too 25 teams.. Thats why your heroic 6 games streak against the bottom of the SEC is not held in the same regard by many as it is by you
All I know is that we haven’t finished 6-0 since 2015 and we did it against 3 pretty good defenses. After all the crap I’ve endured, I’ll take it.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

VN Store

Back