The Jarrett Guarantano hate

I've asked you the same as all the other neverJGers the same question and not one of you has shown me one example. Show me 1 QB where their team won more games than they lost when the team had the worst offensive and defensive lines within their conference. It has likely NEVER happened at ANY level of football and it likely never will. You're a football genius, show me a few examples of when a QB has overcome those odds.
Every bad stat you throw out I can throw good ones right back. What's his record and stats vs Ky and Auburn the last 2 seasons. You see, the way stats work are the fact that they take into account all bad and good games.
Considering your assessment of the OLine is completely subjective to your narrative. Itll will be hard.to find because any OLine brought up you dispute..so its pointless. That why i stick to stats..and the context of such stats...your in fake recuriting so i can assume you make statements basied on your opinon and not concrete proof

And btw those Oline feature potentially 4 NFL lineman

Robertson NFL ALREADY
TREY
Tatum late round
JOHNSON late round
Jack jones was also highly thought of
Kendrick good enough to sign the detroit

Last edited:
Yea it all plays a part..i get that. I did play past high school. Those drills do help but unless he was putting it all together throwing routes as well...it wont improve throw just before a wr makes a cut, or throwing to a spot where the wr is supposed to be as opposed to where he is....
I would expect that sort of training would be encompassed within footwork drills. It’s pretty obvious that JG’s biggest flaw is anticipation. I think re-working his footwork could go some way in remedying that. I’d hope to see Bailey but I reckon with all that has happened we will play it safe and take the conservative option and rely on our defense

Reactions: whodeycin85
Considering your assessment of the OLine is completely subjective to your narrative. Itll will be hard.to find because any OLine brought up you dispute..so its pointless. That why i stick to stats..and the context of such stats...your in fake recuriting so i can assume you make statements basied on your opinon and not concrete proof

Robertson NFL ALREADY
TREY
Tatum late round
JOHNSON late round
Our 2018 offensive line was an abortion. 2019 was pretty good for the most part. JG doesn’t escape all blame. I like him though

Nobody hates JG...Please stop using that term...He's a good kid and I'm happy he is a VFL but in all honesty he is not a good QB...Period...He probably wouldn't start on many of the other SEC teams...I understand the support but acting like he's a heisman candidate is just ridiculous...He's the best we got at the moment so we just got to take our valium and hope for the best.

I've asked you the same as all the other neverJGers the same question and not one of you has shown me one example. Show me 1 QB where their team won more games than they lost when the team had the worst offensive and defensive lines within their conference. It has likely NEVER happened at ANY level of football and it likely never will. You're a football genius, show me a few examples of when a QB has overcome those odds.
Every bad stat you throw out I can throw good ones right back. What's his record and stats vs Ky and Auburn the last 2 seasons. You see, the way stats work are the fact that they take into account all bad and good games.

The narrative that the OL was the issue is disputable at best and roundly refuted at worst. You could pull hours of film on plays where the OL gave JG plenty of time and he flat out threw the ball to the wrong receiver for the play. Threw into triple coverage with WRs wide open, executed plays that his coaches didn't call. The list goes on. I dont remember Pruitt ever saying JGs issues were due to poor OL play. The coaches always say "we dont know what's wrong with him, he practices so well". He was benched multiple times throughout the season up unto and including the very last game of the year. I find it hard to believe someone would find it hard to believe that JG is criticized. And it's not hate, its just criticism of his abilities.

Our 2018 offensive line was an abortion. 2019 was pretty good for the most part. JG doesn’t escape all blame. I like him though
I just find it funny that the oline as bad as we all believe it to be could feature NFL talent...means it cant be that bad

Robertson NFL ALREADY
TREY
Tatum late round
JOHNSON late round
Trey only played a few games in 18, Roberson was our best OL in 17. We were bottom of the league in rushing, sacks given up and negative yard plays, our defense was bottom of the league in stopping the run, sacks and tackles for losses. You can name drop all you want, just look at the stats you like to use. JG wasn't a difference maker on those 2 teams because we were bad at nearly every position group on the field those 2 seasons. As for your knowledge of what I do I find it funny and misguided. There are 2 Fr football players on this year's UT roster alone that came through our service, players who's father we talk to quite often. We don't get many D1s but we are proud of them when that's where they end up, I'm especially proud when they end up in Knoxville as players like Aaron Sears and Jason Allen did many moons ago.

Because footwork is one of the key factors in determining both of those things. Consistent footwork generally improves accuracy. Consistent footwork also improves a quarterbacks ability to read the field. If a quarterback is able to do to effortless get his feat right then he is able to read the field better, if he is able to read the field better then he will anticipate better. It’s all connected. I didn’t play past high school but I’m utterly obsessed and in love with football so I like to consider myself fairly knowledgeable on certain offensive principles. Maybe I’m not who knows🤔
I agree with you. I have another thought to run by you. I wonder if another reason he throws late could be when the defense plays more in coverage.. He hesitates and throws to not make a mistake.. Instead of trusting and throwing.. Basically a anti-gunslinger.. This may not be the case at all. The coaches seemed to put him in as a conservative approach IMO. Hope all changes this year and whoever starts and plays has a great game and season. GoVols

Trey only played a few games in 18, Roberson was our best OL in 17. We were bottom of the league in rushing, sacks given up and negative yard plays, our defense was bottom of the league in stopping the run, sacks and tackles for losses. You can name drop all you want, just look at the stats you like to use. JG wasn't a difference maker on those 2 teams because we were bad at nearly every position group on the field those 2 seasons. As for your knowledge of what I do I find it funny and misguided. There are 2 Fr football players on this year's UT roster alone that came through our service, players who's father we talk to quite often. We don't get many D1s but we are proud of them when that's where they end up, I'm especially proud when they end up in Knoxville as players like Aaron Sears and Jason Allen did many moons ago.
As I said your OLine argument is subjective..congrats on those 2 players

His stats aren’t too bad, good completion % and 32 TDs v 13 picks. Not terrible.

So I think the dislike comes down to wins and losses. In his 3 seasons as the main guy, starting or playing in a vast majority of the games, the overall record is 17-20. 7-17 in the SEC.

That’s bad, real bad.

The narrative that the OL was the issue is disputable at best and roundly refuted at worst. You could pull hours of film on plays where the OL gave JG plenty of time and he flat out threw the ball to the wrong receiver for the play. Threw into triple coverage with WRs wide open, executed plays that his coaches didn't call. The list goes on. I dont remember Pruitt ever saying JGs issues were due to poor OL play. The coaches always say "we dont know what's wrong with him, he practices so well". He was benched multiple times throughout the season up unto and including the very last game of the year. I find it hard to believe someone would find it hard to believe that JG is criticized. And it's not hate, its just criticism of his abilities.
We are talking about the '17 and '18 seasons when we were towards the bottom of the pack in every conference stat related to both offensive and defensive line play. I'm waiting for anyone to show us where a QB or team had success under those circumstances or even show a past QB that lifted a team up under those conditions.

We are talking about the '17 and '18 seasons when we were towards the bottom of the pack in every conference stat related to both offensive and defensive line play. I'm waiting for anyone to show us where a QB or team had success under those circumstances or even show a past QB that lifted a team up under those conditions.

And I'm talking about '19 when Tennessee didn't have those problems but the issues with JG still existed. It was only 9 months ago that Pruitt benched him due to poor decisions and execution issues.

And I'm talking about '19 when Tennessee didn't have those problems but the issues with JG still existed.
We went 8-5 and won 6 games in a row, not great but certainly not bad either and JG was a big part of all 8 wins and just 3 of the losses. With improved O line play, after a shaky start JG played pretty well for most of those 6 in a row. If we were to somehow win our 1st four this year with JG at the helm for 10 straight the neverJG group will still be moaning and groaning. I expect us to win the 1st three for 10 straight, pretty good for an SEC QB if you ask me.

Last edited:
And I'm talking about '19 when Tennessee didn't have those problems but the issues with JG still existed. It was only 9 months ago that Pruitt benched him due to poor decisions and execution issues.
You guys continue to bring up the benching but never bring up the fact that after the benching when we needed solid QB play in game situations to win football games Pruitt went with JG every single time.

We went 8-5 and won 7 games in a row, not great but certainly not bad either and JG was a big part of all 8 wins and just 3 of the losses. With improved O line play, after a shaky start JG played pretty well for most of those 7 in a row. If we were to somehow win our 1st three this year with JG at the helm for 10 straight the neverJG group will still be moaning and groaning. I expect us to win the 1st two for 9 straight, pretty good for an SEC QB if you ask me.

First of all, it was six games in a row, not seven. And it was an anomaly of the schedule that made it possible. He beat the four worst teams in the SEC east (the best record among those 4 teams was 3-5 in the SEC) the other two teams were UAB and Indiana (a game he was benched in). We barely beat Kentuck, barely beat Missouri who fired their coach, and barely beat Indiana by a miracle.

You say "pretty good for an SEC QB" and I say "show me an SEC QB that could't win those games if they were the starter for UT.

Last edited:
You guys continue to bring up the benching but never bring up the fact that after the benching when we needed solid QB play in game situations to win football games Pruitt went with JG every single time.

A consistently good, upperclassmen QB wouldn't have to be benched.

And we needed the solid QB play BEFORE the benching as well.....hence the benching.

Not hard.

A consistently good, upperclassmen QB wouldn't have to be benched.

And we needed the solid QB play BEFORE the benching as well.....hence the benching.

Not hard.
Not hard to see why he was inserted back as starter after the Ky game either.

First of all, it was six games in a row, not seven. And it was an anomaly of the schedule that made it possible. He beat the four worst teams in the SEC east (the best record among those 4 teams was 3-5 in the SEC) the other two teams were UAB and Indiana (a game he was benched in).

You say "pretty good for an SEC QB" and I say "show me an SEC QB that could't win those games if they were the starter for UT.
Sorry, 7 of 8 isn't bad. How come the QB at GA didn't beat all those teams, how is it possible that TN was the only team lucky enough to win 6 in a row vs the weak teams they played, were we the only ones that won that many simply because of the schedule? Gtfoh with that crap, winning 6 games in a row was a big deal and it'll get even bigger if we stretch that to 10+, something I think we just might do, you obviously think it was a nothing accomplishment and I guess believe it'll likely end pretty quickly with JG at QB.

Reactions: k-town_king

Robertson NFL ALREADY
TREY
Tatum late round
JOHNSON late round
Wanna bet that neither Tatum nor Johnson are drafted? You’re inflating to prove a point

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
His stats aren’t too bad, good completion % and 32 TDs v 13 picks. Not terrible.

So I think the dislike comes down to wins and losses. In his 3 seasons as the main guy, starting or playing in a vast majority of the games, the overall record is 17-20. 7-17 in the SEC.

That’s bad, real bad.
Terribly bad and he's played his roll in that but so has every other position group those 2 seasons, not sure we even had an All-SEC 1st teamer in '17 or '18. If Vols go 7-3 or better this year then his last 2 seasons with competent rosters and quality coaching will turn out to be pretty good. We were a bad overall football team in '17 and '18.

Reactions: Jaws
Sorry, 7 of 8 isn't bad. How come the QB at GA didn't beat all those teams, how is it possible that TN was the only team lucky enough to win 6 in a row vs the weak teams they played, were we the only ones that won that many simply because of the schedule? Gtfoh with that crap, winning 6 games in a row was a big deal and it'll get even bigger if we stretch that to 10+, something I think we just might do, you obviously think it was a nothing accomplishment and I guess believe it'll likely end pretty quickly with JG at QB.

LOL. You're seriously now arguing that JG did a better job than Jake Fromm? He lost ONE game the whole regular season to USC in overtime. Tell me what coach in the country would take JG or JF? That's some serious cherry picking dude. You should go into politics.

VN Store

Back