The Grill and BBQ thread

Publix actually had some wings. These are standard BBQ rub and on the smoker at 365 for about 50 (internal around 200-205). That might be too done for some folks but the skin is crisp and all the meat comes off the bone. First pic is off the smoker, second shows a few in standard Frank's style buffalo sauce

183339776_10104699147627486_1508959917443773175_n.jpg

183431695_10104699147682376_6059793800879920389_n.jpg

I've started soaking my wings in salt water for an hour or two then sprinkling them with a rub that has a little baking powder in it before I smoke them. Seems to help the skin get crisp.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
People make pickling sound easy. It was always a production growing up. Lot of rules! No one has ever duplicated the pickles my Aunt Alene made.
Yeah, this isn't for long-term canning or anything. 50-50 apple cider vinegar and water, a little hot honey, and salt, heat to boiling, and pour over the vegetables. They're good to eat once cooled but will keep in the fridge for quite a while.

I went in on a whole cow with a couple of friends and have a freezer full of meat, some of which are cuts I don't normally buy.

I have two nice looking sirloins, but they aren't very thick (maybe 1.25"). Would you guys just grill them directly, or is there a way to get them a little more tender than sirloin usually is? Or, would there be something better to do with that cut?
You might sous vide them?

Reactions: clarksvol00
I'm planning on smoking a brisket for the Old Man and father-in-law for Father's Day. I've only been to TX once but I'm told the beef sausage at BBQ places is awesome. Anybody have any recommendations on where/what to order?

Reactions: JCHateSteve
I'm planning on smoking a brisket for the Old Man and father-in-law for Father's Day. I've only been to TX once but I'm told the beef sausage at BBQ places is awesome. Anybody have any recommendations on where/what to order?

For the brisket or the sausage?

71117820-3A6C-4EE0-B23F-5158AAB817BE.jpeg
First smoke at the new house. Had these things dialed in until I let the egg run hot at the end to try and set the sauce. Agreed to play one extra game of Uno with the wife and 5 year old and they went just a touch too far. Flavor was great and the sections with the fat cap were perfect but some of the leaner areas were a tad dry. The extra Uno game was worth it though.

If anyone is in the Sarasota/ Bradenton area with $2k to burn, the Crowder Bros Ace Hardware in Lakewood Ranch near SR 64 has an XXL BGE with the nest, side shelves, plate setter, and bunch of other goodies they are looking to sell. It is listed for $2200 but the grill manager asked me to make an offer. I just don't need something like that for 2 of us.

Has anyone tried the 2-2-1 method for baby backs at 225? How’d it turn out?
What’s this method? I’ve had good success lately by cooking in the slow cooker till tender then finishing up on the grill to crisp up the outside. Have to be careful to not leave in the slow cooker too long or they will fall apart on the grill

What’s this method? I’ve had good success lately by cooking in the slow cooker till tender then finishing up on the grill to crisp up the outside. Have to be careful to not leave in the slow cooker too long or they will fall apart on the grill
It’s 2 hours on smoker 2 hours in foil 1 hour unwrapped at 225. Never tried a slow cooker before

VN Store

Back