The Grill and BBQ thread

Been smoking a 6 Ib brisket flat for the first time today. Put it in just before 10:00 AM and I finally foiled it at 145 at 5:00 PM. I have been cooking it low and slow at around 225. I’m hopeful for the first attempt.

I'd use butcher paper instead of foil for the sake of the bark. That's just me. I'm sure it's great the way you did it. Homemade brisket is so much better than 90% of what you can get at restaurants.

Bacon wrapped? What spices? Is it ground shoulder?
Is something you sliced as it grilled?
Did you use a recipe?
Here is the rub.
Homemade Greek Seasoning + 18 more spice mixes | Sumptuous Spoonfuls
Here is the Tzatziki sauce.
Authentic Greek Tzatziki - The Wanderlust Kitchen

For the meat. I bought a Boston Butt and thin sliced it. I marinated in the rub, lemon juice, and Oliver oil overnight. I stacked the spices on the spit and cooked over a full chimney of choals for about 1.5 hours. I then slice it off the spit vertically like a Greek restaurant. Here is a quick video on the cooking method. His spices are different than mine and he uses lamb though.

Last edited:
Here is the rub.

For the meat. I bought a Boston Butt and thin sliced it. I marinated in the rub, lemon juice, and Oliver oil overnight. I stacked the spices on the spit and cooked over a full chimney of choals for about 1.5 hours. I then slice it off the spit vertically like a Greek restaurant. Here is a quick video on the cooking method. His spices are different than mine and he uses lamb though.

Wow!
Ha, I've been craving gyros.
I'm ready to get a new grill with a rotisserie.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Here is the rub.

How many Olivers does it take to get enough oil?

Has anyone ever heard of Malcolm Reed, the pitmaster of the howtobbqright channel on YouTube? His videos are awesome. I’ve started taking up a lot of his techniques. He also has a line of products under the “Killer Hogs” brand.

He has become my usual source for BBQ recipes and how-to-cook videos. And I'm typically listening to his podcast or a financial podcast while out cutting my in-laws, grandparents, and parents yards. I need to get a knife set as well as some rubs from his store. I want to start out with his AP seasoning and the Tennessee Mojo seasoning.

He has become my usual source for BBQ recipes and how-to-cook videos. And I'm typically listening to his podcast or a financial podcast while out cutting my in-laws, grandparents, and parents yards. I need to get a knife set as well as some rubs from his store. I want to start out with his AP seasoning and the Tennessee Mojo seasoning.

Buy his dry rub, hot sauce, and bbq sauce. They’re the real deal.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back