The Grill and BBQ thread

I was digging through the freezer and came across a SRF RIbeye Cap that I forgot I had. WTF?!

My question is do I leave it "as is" and give it a quick sear or should I cut it in strips, roll, & tie like you see them at the butcher or Costco? Any tips? I've watched videos showing both.

I was digging through the freezer and came across a SRF RIbeye Cap that I forgot I had. WTF?!

My question is do I leave it "as is" and give it a quick sear or should I cut it in strips, roll, & tie like you see them at the butcher or Costco? Any tips? I've watched videos showing both.

I've only had it rolled and tied, which is amazing. I like the reverse sear, personally

Reactions: Boca Vol
Smoking a 4 bone plate of beef short ribs tomorrow. I am beyond excited. I’m using a traditional beef blend of salt, black pepper, and garlic for rub.
That’s all I use on my beef ribs too. They come out as nice looking as yours those look incredible. I know pork gets all the raves but a plate of big meaty beef ribs is amazing.

Reactions: volfanjustin
hwLLVl_E_rZbl9KHMHO2cuJEG8O-uho39zK5sC23qCn9fayaBtuXM10tJ72UlnD7PHhYBlqPZUbtSHnyUtWCVjS6syvWod6VVAlbPmGi_vGx-wIlqNGcZCfRzPlGRIHq6q4A8rYMTLc3pNYE-PwLn237SGoKrwKIU0lws9RhLOadhPMHwOQM6ZLbmG_9ZHKCAnNS9OnGiU1xk7M69A4waUfHYSy0VaQTIfjFfuIiDE4SAw5Q0-TW054XRLGmmbA7_BNwkNZK5tCkcouqF3uTOQb5HFfaBKaJPvDBDG_jwVyfcWhw9A-uciXvp4J2hllzO8HL5qMnpEbvS_iEVoA8EowpAczmo8rwbgsgRq6hTWwwOtenHn5lDvHBFsHW-s8c5NFjHHDgKhjp9LPtmPnOunfM-Py4FsF6yseSMFdmxXPn9VdD8kM6VzUCsqxUthWvWASFcxei4LnVpmC_8UC-3yatyZzP-GHXVl30XKsUeV4n0pIeRXDrYeDC4xNlYosI00z7FXi_SKSwKeKHRaTg16FEJVr74giYeaXWJHc9aMfLgCIqF2LOx_G4anamSOpOuIcGm33osdecl9KSS5Fka8RoCSs6HfhnMWwFhZpa6l3LsNiOUvhZxPuKzuBaJF1CeZnMgsBlKJjAsGRdjXU0QRu5Nbtwu6g11XZz4iBv3wp4CGqIxV8LPd0H2YGPaQ=s1344-no

Thanks. I'll hit it with one of my favorite beef rubs, take it to 115, then sear it up and let it rest.
Think I’ve mentioned this here before but my local butcher sells a tri tip in a bag with a marinade that is so damn delicious. The only improvement I could make to the whole thing was to tell him to recommend anyone who bought it needed to reverse sear it.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Kebabs!

Also, I noticed that Fresh Market had Tri Tips for the first time. That's next. Is reverse sear the way to go?
View attachment 306128
That's pretty.

I'll 2nd the other reply and say, reverse sear all the way on Tri Tip. Honestly, I've yet to find anything it doesn't work great on, when cooking hot and fast.

VN Store

Back