The Grill and BBQ thread

Can you share the recipe? Looks phenomenal
Absolutely. Brined two nights ahead, then rubbed and refrigerated the night before. Used a combo of two different Meat Church rubs, Honey Hog and Gospel BBQ. Smoked for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours I believe at 225. Wrapped and rested in a cooler for another hour or so.

No need to wrap like a butt or brisket for cooking purposes but if you like it lighter on the smoke flavor you might want to still wrap at some point, it will take a lot of smoke flavor if you let it. I prefer it that way so I loved it but even sealed in ziplock bags and tupperware my wife commented about how the whole fridge smelled like smoke from the leftovers.

Received this last night. I love their products and hate to see them shut down. Their Texas Red Chili blend is money.

Dear Oakridge BBQ Customers, Fans and Supporters –

Operating a micro business at the tip of the spear of quality is inherently risky, and a down economy most certainly exacerbates that risk. The ever-rising cost of goods coupled with the weakening of the global economy has resulted in Oakridge BBQ experiencing two consecutive years of double-digit losses and the collapse of our worldwide wholesale-to-dealer book of business thereby making it economically impractical to manufacture Oakridge BBQ rubs and spices. Unfortunately, it does not look like these economic strains will ease for quite some time. Therefore, Oakridge BBQ LLC will cease operations as soon as our current spice supply runs out, or December 31, 2022, whichever comes first.

My decision to stick to my word and honor our industry leading commitment to quality and always – regardless of the cost – use the finest ingredients available undoubtedly attributed to our loss of profitability, but in hindsight I wouldn’t change a thing. I’ve stood firm on this commitment to our customers to the very end, and as the saying goes: “It’s better to burn out than to fade away.”

On a personal note, this decision was not without a great deal of serious study, introspection and prayer. Oakridge BBQ was started because of the leading of the Holy Spirit, was blessed by God to many great successes over the past 12-plus years, and now my only objective is to continue honoring and praising God in the full times as well as the thin, regardless of what comes. So, I am very much at peace with this decision. In fact, I am actually excited to see what God has planned for me in this next chapter of my life.

To our sponsorship team members, retail dealers, customers and die-hard fans of Oakridge BBQ, I need you to know that I consider all of you more than just my customers & fans – you ALL are and always will be family. You have steadfastly supported our little brand even in these hard economic times when a $25 bag of barbecue rub shouldn’t be a priority, and for that I am eternally grateful and I will never forget you.

Finally, for the sake of other “mom & pop” small businesses out there silently struggling to keep their heads above water – please don’t take for granted they will always be there tomorrow. Give them some love and help support their hard work and dedication to being independent and small. As for Oakridge, I will not selling the brand or the company, so now is your last chance to get your favorite Oakridge BBQ rubs before they are gone forever. My family and I, and our 4 employees would greatly appreciate it if you would help us finish these last two months strong.

Thanks for everything,

Michael Trump

Founder / Master Blender, Oakridge BBQ

I decided to give Wild Fork Foods a try. Bought a Florentine steak, porterhouse, prime picanha roast, some chorizo, Berkshire coppa steaks, Berkshire NY roasts, a turkey (for Thanksgiving) and some chicken wings. Kept reading good things about this place and they had some stuff I’ve never tried before and at better prices than local butcher shops. Gonna give them a try and see how it all comes out.

I read the title wrong, it’s not the….

The Girl and BBQ thread

now_that_the_heats_here_to_stay_its_time_to_heat_up_the_grill_26.gif

Just don't trust myself yet to smoke Thanksgiving dinner. Looks great.
The barrel is pretty much idiot proof. Light it, hang the bird, wait until the grill thermometer is at temp.

I use an electric smoker. Its idiot proof as well. Just add your wood chips, set your temp and time, and walk away to cook everything else. I do spray it with apple juice every 15 mns the last hour it’s cooking though.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
I use an electric smoker. Its idiot proof as well. Just add your wood chips, set your temp and time, and walk away to cook everything else. I do spray it with apple juice every 15 mns the last hour it’s cooking though.
There are a lot of good set and forget options these days. I don't do any thing once it's started. The barrel doesn't dry out anything I've tried in it, other than brisket

VN Store

Back